Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

**2012 Baseball talk thread**

Bryce Harper getting called up to make his MLB debut Saturday...

:pointstosky: I've been holding him since day 1. I'm so glad he's finally up and going to play every day.

Hopefully KC can keep their head out of their ass and get a series win vs. the other division and AL bottom feeder the twinkies because then it's home to face the yanks and red sox.

I would also like to point out that while Kinsler is on fire....Alex Gordon is actually doing better in the last 7 days. As soon as a few others start to click the royals will roll.

Kinsler is 9/30 6rns 2 doubles 1hr 1 sb 3rbi and 3bb .300avg

Gordon 10/28 8 runs 1 double 3hr 1sb 6rbi 5 walks .357 avg

Damn, the Rangers really are charmed. When they lose everybody in the division loses too - cool. :thumbsup:

Focking Johan Santana can't catch a break. Four quality starts in five games pitched and 0 wins. :mad:

Early pitching story of the year - Yu Darvish? Won again last night, another dominating performance. Sitting now at 4-0 with a 2.18 ERA (and that includes a nervous 1st outing where his era was 7.94). The kid has now only allowed 2 earned runs over his last 21 2/3 innings - pretty salty considering he faced Detroit, NY, and Toronto. The 2nd time thru a team is always a truer test, but so far he is everything he was advertised.

Ryan Braun had his first career three-homer game in Monday's 8-3 victory over the Padres.Braun is the first player EVER to hit three home runs in a game at the pitcher-friendly PETCO Park...........juice........its whats for breakfast.

KC's pitching holds off the tiggers for 7 innings and then pow,here we go again,long ball for a 2-2 tie and nzoner gets pissed and quits paying attention and I'll be damned they win 3-2. :overhead:

Well we are coming back down to earth. 2nd straight lost series in a row - crap.

The Will Middlebrooks era began in Boston last night. Rook went 2 for 3 with a walk, a single and a double. Also had a stolen base. Kevin Youkilis to the DL. Its almost like im clairvoyant.

Something tells me that won't be the first time the Twins are no-hit this year. They're on pace for 121 losses....which would set the record for most losses in the modern era. Nice job Gardy. <_<

Heath Bell blows another one. I'm really stinking it up with my closers this year.

The Royals should be the Baseball Tonight highlight reel,fockin' awesome defense in the top of the 9th to get all 3 outs and take the first in the series with the Yanks. :banana:

Kevin Youkilis to the DL.

Just like Bobby V says - Youk does not play hard enough

:shocking:

:thumbsdown:

Can't ever remember a time when so many players were on the DL this early :huh:

Mariano Rivera tears his ACL shagging fly balls and is likely done for his career. Not the way his career should end. :thumbsdown:

What a crap ass way to go. Even as one who's team was always on the bad end of his greatness - he deserved better. He was something out of this world.

J. Hamilton goes yard 4 times in one game - a feat more rare than the perfect game. Dat a boy Josh. :headbanger:

J. Hamilton goes yard 4 times in one game - a feat more rare than the perfect game. Also set the record for most total bases in one game (18). Dat a boy Josh. :headbanger:

I was at a game where Bob Horner of the braves went yard 4 times.....and the braves still lost.

J. Hamilton goes yard 4 times in one game - a feat more rare than the perfect game. Also set the record for most total bases in one game (18). Dat a boy Josh. :headbanger:

Pretty sure I heard on MLB Network Shawn Green still holds the record with 19 total bases.

Pretty sure I heard on MLB Network Shawn Green still holds the record with 19 total bases.

I believe you are correct - damn announcers, they had us all believing it. Time for an edit - gracias.

Hamilton set the AL record, breaking the record of 16 that was held by Mike Cameron, Ty Cobb, Rocky Colavito, Carlos Delgado, Lou Gehrig and Fred Lynn...

J. Hamilton goes yard 4 times in one game - a feat more rare than the perfect game. Dat a boy Josh. :headbanger:

Impressive. Think I'll buy him a beer :music_guitarred:

Impressive. Think I'll buy him a beer :music_guitarred:

He will pass.......he and wash went out and got all coked up last night to celebrate

Something else happened the other night I've never seen before. My first baseman in one of my leagues, Chris Davis, went 0/8 at the plate. However, the O's ran out of pitchers so he got the nod, pitched 2 innings of relief, and got the win. I didn't get credit for the win, obviously. I've never seen anything like that in my lifetime though.

Something else happened the other night I've never seen before. My first baseman in one of my leagues, Chris Davis, went 0/8 at the plate. However, the O's ran out of pitchers so he got the nod, pitched 2 innings of relief, and got the win. I didn't get credit for the win, obviously. I've never seen anything like that in my lifetime though.

You see ###### like that happen about 2-3 times a year. If they "run out" of pitchers they usually turn to the person who had experience pitching at one point or another in their life. And sometimes they are really effective due to their wildness and the fact that no one has a scouting report on them lol.

ETA you didn't get the win from your position player but you probably don't have the K's that your pitchers pile up when they bat count against you. Its a trade off that I am sure you would gladly accept.

Took Puljos 29 games to hit his first homer. At this rate, he is projected to get his 4th on Aug. 14 against the Indians. B)

You see ###### like that happen about 2-3 times a year. If they "run out" of pitchers they usually turn to the person who had experience pitching at one point or another in their life. And sometimes they are really effective due to their wildness and the fact that no one has a scouting report on them lol.

ETA you didn't get the win from your position player but you probably don't have the K's that your pitchers pile up when they bat count against you. Its a trade off that I am sure you would gladly accept.

According to STATS LLC, it was the first major league game since 1925 in which both teams put a position player on the mound.

According to STATS LLC, it was the first major league game since 1925 in which both teams put a position player on the mound.

THAT was different.......but the use of a position player happens more than ya would think. Mostly at the end of a series or at the end of a very long ballgame. To either save your bullpen for the next series or because you have used all your available pitchers to you that day.

Much anticipated game here in Arlington 2nite. Angels are in town - CJ Wilson going against Yu Darvish. :thumbsup:

Much anticipated game here in Arlington 2nite. Angels are in town - CJ Wilson going against Yu Darvish. :thumbsup:

I am expecting a strong game from YU. Its the number one O in all of baseball going against the 22 out of 30. Hopefully he pulls a 12k night out.

Mets sweep Philthies in Philthadelphia and lose to Marlins late in Miami ??? WTF ?

Apologies to all who had J. Weaver in their starting fantasy line ups last night - the Rangers tagged his ass for a single game era of 21.60, ouch. :thumbsup:

Royals now 10-6 since the 12 game losing streak and up next 2 @ the Rangers and 2 hosting the Orioles,just hoping for 2-2.

Royals now 10-6 since the 12 game losing streak and up next 2 @ the Rangers and 2 hosting the Orioles,just hoping for 2-2.

Will have a shot against Texas - Feldman making a spot start 2nite and C. Lewis 2morow. Feldman is solid, but not a dominating pitcher by any means. Lewis - he has sucked ass of late, giving up long balls like Halloween candy.

still debating whats better -- watching baseball on TV or watching paint dry - still can't decide. At the ball Park its a good time ... but on TV - there's a reason Preseason football beats out pennant race baseball games in August - a theres a reason why a regular season sunday night NFL game beats out a WS game in ratings.

still debating whats better -- watching baseball on TV or watching paint dry - still can't decide. At the ball Park its a good time ... but on TV - there's a reason Preseason football beats out pennant race baseball games in August - a theres a reason why a regular season sunday night NFL game beats out a WS game in ratings.

This is true. However, preseason football blows everyone out of the water. Nielsen titans such as CSI, 60 Minutes, reality shows - all take a back seat to the NFL preseason - to say it's just baseball isn't painting the total picture.

MLB fires arbitrator from Braun case. I wondered how long it would take them to do so.