7.30-

Seattle Seahawks:

1.12-

2.11-

3.12-

4.11-

6.11-

7.18-

I'm going to be working and driving home for a big chunk of the first round, but I should be able to make it home before the 49ers pick. I'm interested to see if Janoris Jenkins falls as far as some think he will, he could be a wild card at #30.

A ton of interest in this division..lmao. That being said..Bruce Irvin? Can't wait to see the chaos in the Seahawks thread.

I've been watching some youtube clips of A.J. Jenkins to see what we're in for. Aside from the fact his QB blew chunks, here are a few things I noticed in my brief study:

1) He's not afraid to go over the middle. Illinois used him in a lot of routes underneath and in the middle of the field.

2) He made some pretty impressive catches, has good hands and can make adjustments in the air.

3) Will fight for yards after contact, but has to work on getting in position to fight for the jump ball.

4) It was hard to get a feel for his speed. Ran a 4.39 at the combine, but Illinois often relied on short passes and YAC, and with defenses keying in on Jenkins he didn't have a lot of room. Didn't appear to have a ton of separation on deep routes, but I did see him get under-thrown a few times.

A.J. Jenkins- guess the 49ers feel A.J. will be better than Brian Quick,Alshon Jeffery and the recently hyped up Stephen Hill who the Jets landed in Rd.2 as Jenkins was taken before all 3 of those guys. Their 1st rounder last year, Aldon Smith, has turned out pretty good so far so hopefully Jenkins will pay dividends as well.

LaMichael James- 5th RB taken and undersized to be a workhorse back. Harbaugh feels he has a good skill set. Maybe he could be a Brian Westbrook type back down the road. Time will tell.

For as good as I think the teams in the NFC North drafted, I simply cannot figure out the draft ideas of the teams in the NFC West. We're all aware of Seattle's reach in the 1st round for Irvin, but after thinking about it this weekend, San Fran put up even more a headscratcher. I understand BPA, but not if that guy is gonna sit @ 3rd on the depth chart at his position. :dunno:

For as good as I think the teams in the NFC North drafted, I simply cannot figure out the draft ideas of the teams in the NFC West. We're all aware of Seattle's reach in the 1st round for Irvin, but after thinking about it this weekend, San Fran put up even more a headscratcher. I understand BPA, but not if that guy is gonna sit @ 3rd on the depth chart at his position. :dunno:

What position could the 49ers draft better than depth at 1.30?

QB - Alex Smith

RB - Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter

TE - Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker

C - Jonathan Goodwin

OT - Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Alex Boone

OG - Mike Iupati

FB - Bruce Miller

WR - Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Michael Crabtree

NT - Isaac Sopoaga

DE - Justin Smith, Ray McDonald

ILB - Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman

OLB - Ahmad Brooks, Parys Haralson, Aldon Smith

CB - Carlos Rogers, Tarrell Brown, Chris Culliver

S - Dashon Goldston, Dante Whitner

K - David Akers

P - Andy Lee

LS - Brian Jennings

Guard? The Front Office seems pretty convinced they filled that spot just fine with Looney.

You know what the 49ers needed last year? Yardage. Jenkins and James are going to get plenty of reps this year giving them just that.

The 49ers are a very complete team and they currently are projected to have 3 more picks than anyone else in next years draft. The pundits are really missing on the draft grades, the 49ers did great - gave the offense some home run hitters while bolstering much needed defensive depth and securing additional picks for the future.