Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Very surprise his name has not brought up more often! His snap counts has been increasing every week. He has out-snapped Bryant three weeks in a row. He is a physical WR that's perfect fit for pro football and the Steelers.

He is an ascending WR2. Only 9% own?! Get out of here.

Snap count has lot to do with him being beast in blocking too

That being said can't believe I picked zay over him in dynasty

Snap count has lot to do with him being beast in blocking too

That being said can't believe I picked zay over him in dynasty

I would count that as positive. As a rookie, getting on the field is huge because opportunity is very limited. Once you get that chance and perform, coach will trust you and let you play as long as you keep it going.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-running-back-aaron-jones-rise-against-cowboys-no-surprise/article_81b93493-447d-598d-ae08-dba1af148a35.html

That article talks about how everyone from Packers WR to lineman to the offensive coach knew Jones was special. BUT he wasn't going to get his shot until both Ty and Williams went down at the same time.

Ju Ju blocking got him on the field, then he made Eli Rogers inactive, then he out-snaps Bryant. He will be their #2 very soon, if not already is.

I would count that as positive. As a rookie, getting on the field is huge because opportunity is very limited. Once you get that chance and perform, coach will trust you and let you play as long as you keep it going.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-running-back-aaron-jones-rise-against-cowboys-no-surprise/article_81b93493-447d-598d-ae08-dba1af148a35.html

That article talks about how everyone from Packers WR to lineman to the offensive coach knew Jones was special. BUT he wasn't going to get his shot until both Ty and Williams went down at the same time.

Ju Ju blocking got him on the field, then he made Eli Rogers inactive, then he out-snaps Bryant. He will be their #2 very soon, if not already is.

JuJu plays slot. He won't replace MB spot. They will just use different packages.

grabbed him as a stash for upcoming byes/injuries. unfortunately i've had very little luck with my waiver wrs this yr though.

Unless Ben picks up his play, it doesn't seem like either Martavis or JuJu will hold much value.

Especially Martavis who really relies on connecting on a few big plays - plays Ben keeps missing.

Basically betting on whether or not Ben can return to form.

Grabbed him as a stash in a deep league and really like what I am seeing. His snap count is climbing up by the week while Bryant is slowly trending down and Eli Rogers has fallen off a cliff. He was a tremendous WR at USC and is still very young and putting it all togethor. I may be forced to start him with bye week hell next week but I'm feeling more and more comfortable about it.

I don't know if he will replace Bryant, but he should post better ff numbers.

And I agree about Bens play, if he continues to decline and he will so will the stats of the other players, of course only those not named Brown.

Who doesn't care about wins and loses just stats.

Ask the water cooler.

Martavis might get you more boom or miss, but Juju should be consistent going forward.

After looking him up, quite a few places had him ranked as top 3 WR after Williams. For rookie class WRs, he is the only one performed along with Cupp. If you can stash or trade, I still expect Corey to be the best emerge candidate in late season (after their bye).

"Roethlisberger, Tuesday on his 93.7 The Fan radio spot, suggested that Smith-Schuster could play more on the outside to give Martavis Bryant a break Sunday in Kansas City while Rogers plays in the slot."

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/11/mike-tomlin-steelers-slot-receivers-eli-rogers-muffed-punt-juju-smith-schuster/stories/201710110167

So much for JuJu can't replace MB. They are making JuJu plays inside and outside, it's very wise to pick him up now just incase he blows up.

• Like 1

As a JuJu owner I'm even more excited about his value than I was yesterday. But what exactly do they mean by giving Bryant a break? Is that a nice way of sugarcoating a demotion? If he can be what many were expecting MB to be in the preseason then he's going to be a huge steal. Now if only Roethlisberger can get it together.

Fock it. I picked him up. I had an open spot with OBJ going down.

"Roethlisberger, Tuesday on his 93.7 The Fan radio spot, suggested that Smith-Schuster could play more on the outside to give Martavis Bryant a break Sunday in Kansas City while Rogers plays in the slot."

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/11/mike-tomlin-steelers-slot-receivers-eli-rogers-muffed-punt-juju-smith-schuster/stories/201710110167

So much for JuJu can't replace MB. They are making JuJu plays inside and outside, it's very wise to pick him up now just incase he blows up.

I understand this being said, but don't see why. How is it Bryant's fault if he's open by 2 yrds and Ben overthrows him by 5? :dunno:

At the same time, there's part of this I support. I think Bryant just assumed that if he met the suspension criteria that the starting outside spot was his. Maybe it will light a fire under him to be a better route runner and work harder at his craft.

• Like 1

Speculative add this week if you have a spot. If Roethlisberger looks better this week against the tough KC defense and if there are changes, like Rogers returns to the slot and JuJu moves outside, then it's a done deal.

Juju will post better ff numbers so I think the choice is clear.

MB runs 30 yard routes every other play and needs a break. You must have missed "to give him a break part". Guys can't run 30 yard sprints continuously all day without stepping off the field. JuJu will NOT be called on to run the same routes as MB even if he is on the field for him. It will be a different package of players and plays. They are completely different types of players with different strengths and weakness. Have you even watched a Steeler game with JuJu in it?

JuJu has Eli Rodgers 2016 upside. Which is great for a rookie and I love his potential. JuJu is more Hines Ward than MB and that is what you will see in the future. You didn't see Hines Ward "replace" Plex when he left. He didn't start running his position all the sudden but started performing like a #1.

I think you missed my point.

I would take JuJu because he is more consistent, but in no way do I expect him to be catching 50 yard bombs like MB did when he came on the scene.

Agree with comments and unknowns on this.

Martavis has been doing his job. Not his fault Big Ben has been stinking up the joint. But even if Big Ben improves, Martavis is still boom-or-bust.

JuJu is already getting more snaps than Martavis. If JuJu starts running even just a few of Martavis's deep routes, that's eve more for JuJu.

Idk, maybe they cannibalize each other.

Guess it's best to assume JuJu > MB in PPRs. Close (or slight edge to MB) in non-PPRs or leagues that bonus long TDs.

Murf's comments are dead-on. JuJu isn't the deep speed kind of guy, but he is big bodied and strong and will fight for the ball. He's a slightly smaller Dez Bryant (1 inch height, 10 lbs weight). Dez is better at high point, but their measurables are similar, particularly 40 times. He's not going to take the top off the defense like Martavis does with that speed. If Ben hits Bryant in stride on even 3 of the throws he's missed this year he'd be a borderline top 10 WR...it's been that close. JuJu isn't going to duplicate that part of it.

Would you drop Jaron Brown for him?

in a roundabout way i did. i had both on my team and chose to drop jaron when i grabbed alf today.

Would you drop Jaron Brown for him?

Very good question.

And a tough choice.

I think I would stay with J Brown.

As these early weeks have unfolded in a seemingly random fashion, I'm left scratching my head as to which one of John Brown, Jaron Brown, or J.J. Nelson are going to take the ascendancy. With PIT, I'm more comfortable making a bet that Schuster will. The problem is that I don't think the return I'd get with him will be as sweet as if I could guess right on the ARI WR2 and ride that horse ROS.

As these early weeks have unfolded in a seemingly random fashion, I'm left scratching my head as to which one of John Brown, Jaron Brown, or J.J. Nelson are going to take the ascendancy. With PIT, I'm more comfortable making a bet that Schuster will. The problem is that I don't think the return I'd get with him will be as sweet as if I could guess right on the ARI WR2 and ride that horse ROS.

This is me in a nutshell. I had JJ, dropped him and picked up Jaron. The week after I picked up each one, he stopped putting up numbers.

I have AB, but I'm seriously considering dropping Jaron for JuJu. And I'm not one who likes to start two WRs from the same team.

I drafted him in two leagues. He was drafted in the 2nd round to be a factor and he has a great skill set for that offense. He has moved up the depth charts each week. B)

This is me in a nutshell. I had JJ, dropped him and picked up Jaron. The week after I picked up each one, he stopped putting up numbers.

I have AB, but I'm seriously considering dropping Jaron for JuJu. And I'm not one who likes to start two WRs from the same team.

Ditto. Just dropped Jaron Brown for Juju. Completely speculative add but worth it rather than guessing the WR du jour in AZ.

I understand this being said, but don't see why. How is it Bryant's fault if he's open by 2 yrds and Ben overthrows him by 5? :dunno:

At the same time, there's part of this I support. I think Bryant just assumed that if he met the suspension criteria that the starting outside spot was his. Maybe it will light a fire under him to be a better route runner and work harder at his craft.

Maybe Bryant isn't making the right reads or is slowing down? Maybe he's cutting his routes short? Don't know. :dunno: Overthrows aren't always the QB's fault.

Is Juju a nickname or did his parents actually take their time, make a list of names, debate on them, whittle down the list to 2 names, talk to family and others about it, think it through 10 times over, then commit to Juju?

I wonder what other names they considered? Lala? Po? Dipsy? Tinky Winky?

Or, were they having a few beers and eating Jujubes candy when they named him?

KC D has (thus far this season) been slot receiver friendly, and Ben has of late been going for a lot of home run swings.... maybe this Sundays game plan will focus more on higher percentage passes in hopes to get the QB back on the right track.... Ben has already stated how impressed he is with JuJu, comparing him to Hines Ward.... I would not be surprised if JuJu starts getting more targets simply because Antonio has become a bit too much of a Diva and Ben might be looking for a new QB pet. I am starting JuJu this week in PPR league.... and feeling pretty good about it.

Juju is a nickname. I actually have known 2 in my life.

Even as a given name, it would be a he!! of a lot better than another Colton or Dalton or Eagan or Mason or Dylan or Jordan or Brandon or Logan or Brayden or Caden or Raiden or...

Even as a given name, it would be a he!! of a lot better than another Colton or Dalton or Eagan or Mason or Dylan or Jordan or Brandon or Logan or Brayden or Caden or Raiden or...

You left out D'brickashaw, LaKiesha, Latron...

Juju sounds like someone thought he should be a teletubby.

You left out D'brickashaw, LaKiesha, Latron...

Juju sounds like someone thought he should be a teletubby.

No I didn't. I was listing boring-azz names given by parents without an ounce of imagination. "What's popular and common? We'll name our kid that!"

Those names you listed are 1000 times better.

I'm gonna play him at a wr 3 this week instead of garcon who has alternated good weeks so far and this is his down week. If Rogers is back an they keep his snaps the same someone gonna get squeezed out and it's gonna be Bryant who is underperforming