Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

Pre draft rumors

Jets trading 1st/2nd & next years first to Browns (Richardson)

Phins trading down out of 8 hole

Vikings taking Claiboune then trading him to Tampa for 5th overall & 2nd round pick this year

Giants trading up from 32 to 3 to take Kahlil. FWIW, the guy who told me this rumor personally saved a bunch of people on 9/11. :banana:

Seriously, I have read that the Jags are trying to move out of the 7th pick and the Eagles have had talks about moving up to trade Fletcher Cox.

Giants trading up from 32 to 3 to take Kahlil. FWIW, the guy who told me this rumor personally saved a bunch of people on 9/11. :banana:

Seriously, I have read that the Jags are trying to move out of the 7th pick and the Eagles have had talks about moving up to trade Fletcher Cox.

Jags trading back makes sense for franchise & gmen will pay hefty ransom to move up for Kalil but it makes sense IMO

:first:

(FFChamps) The Patriots have contacted the Seahawks regarding moving up for the 12th pick in the NFL Draft, according to Albert Breer of the NFL Network. Analysis: New England has two-first round selections and five in the top 93, and are reportedly smitten with Syracuse defensive end Chandler Jones as a prime option to improve their pass rush. Jones has been among the fastest risers and New England realizes they are unlikely to land him at their current spots near the bottom of the first round.

Analysis: NFL Network's Charley Casserly reported this first last night, and it has also been confirmed by Profootballtalk.com. In this scenario, the Bills would wait for the Vikings to go on the clock at three to get serious about proposals of compensation. Buffalo is willing to surrender pick Nos. 10 and 41 in order to move up for Kalil. Minnesota may ask for a late-round "sweetener," but this looks like a draft-day deal that has strong potential to happen.

(Rotoworld) ESPN's Bob Holtzman reported Thursday morning that the Browns have narrowed their selection at No. 4 overall to Alabama RB Trent Richardson and LSU CB Morris Claiborne. Analysis: This is notable because Cleveland-area reporters believed Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon would still be in the hunt for the fourth pick leading up into Thursday. The Browns appear to have moved on from Blackmon, and will take Claiborne if someone leapfrogs them for Richardson. If the Vikings sit tight at No. 3 and take Claiborne or Matt Kalil, Richardson will be Cleveland's pick.

(Rotoworld) ESPN's Ed Werder reported Thursday morning that the Cowboys "have had conversations" with the Chiefs and Chargers about draft-day trades. Analysis: As Werder also noted, Jerry Jones has been Cowboys owner for 23 drafts, and Dallas has made a trade involving its first pick "75 percent of the time" during that span. Trading with the Chiefs would be an upward movement, possibly geared toward Alabama SS Mark Barron. If Dallas traded back, it could look more toward LSU DT Michael Brockers or mammoth Memphis NT Dontari Poe.

(Rotoworld) League sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the Buccaneers are "very interested" in Trent Richardson, and "might consider trading up to No. 3" to secure him, ahead of the Browns. Analysis: If the Bucs are truly smitten with Richardson, this is exactly what they'll do. The Vikings would be all ears, of course. They could take USC LT Matt Kalil or LSU CB Morris Claiborne at No. 5, and pick up an extra draft choice in the process. Keep in mind this item was relatively buried in the Plain Dealer's report, though. The likelihood of a Bucs trade up is unknown.

Something is going to happen very quickly after the first 2 picks IMO. Lot's of rumors floating around out there :music_guitarred:

The rumor I heard was that "New York trades up in first round."

I suppose that could mean the Jets, and I was jumping to conclusions.

The rumor I heard was that "New York trades up in first round."

I suppose that could mean the Jets, and I was jumping to conclusions.

Why stop at Kahlil? They should trade up to #1 and draft Luck as Eli's understudy.

Why stop at Kahlil? They should trade up to #1 and draft Luck as Eli's understudy.

Great call. Offer Indy your first round picks for infinity, plus Osi. That'll do it.

Great call. Offer Indy your first round picks for infinity, plus Osi. That'll do it.

My guess was, and still is, Richardson. But I think it's likely the Jets and not the Giants.

Giants take Fleener at 32 and then Martin in the 2nd.

Kevin Kolb was supposed to be at a draft party put on by one of the local sports stations, but apparently backed out at the last minute. The station was initially ticked because he was contractually obligated to show. Then they started speculating that he might be part of a draft day trade.

Kevin Kolb was supposed to be at a draft party put on by one of the local sports stations, but apparently backed out at the last minute. The station was initially ticked because he was contractually obligated to show. Then they started speculating that he might be part of a draft day trade.

Some other team trying to unload a bag of hammers?