Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft Commentary

DELAY!!!

if you pick soon, i can pick before work... otherwise, it could be hard for me to pick until around... i have Agile Scrum training pretty much all morning.

if you want, send me a list. I'll be on all day. :cheers:

obviously i Maclin and DJax both have huge upside, and they are both great picks in the 6th. Question always is which one is going to stay healthy, and which one is going to get more looks from whoever the QB is each game - cause you know Vick isn't lasting 16.

i probably would have had to make a similar pick at 6.6

Possibly. As long as Vick plays I think maclin will get more looks

i'm hoping Jahvid :wacko: Best can last for at least 1/2 the season... if so, i think he can put up 20ppg again - and get some of those 50 yd TD bonuses. :overhead:

I think rg3 will be a good qb, as early as this year. But not fantasy wise. The reason cam was so good was his rushing td's and yards. RG won't have that.

Good gamble with best. I agree with your assessment

Its that time in the draft when you really have to start gambling with your picks :thumbsdown:

I have two on the board I really covet, which do I take at 6.08 and which do I gamble will fall back to 7.05 :ninja:

i'm hoping Jahvid :wacko: Best can last for at least 1/2 the season... if so, i think he can put up 20ppg again - and get some of those 50 yd TD bonuses. :overhead:

That's who I was gonna pick.

That's who I was gonna pick.

return validation, i love it... :headbanger:

Its that time in the draft when you really have to start gambling with your picks :thumbsdown:

I have two on the board I really covet, which do I take at 6.08 and which do I gamble will fall back to 7.05 :ninja:

all of the middle rounds are like that for me. there's one guy i've REALLY been thinking about picking since about round 4, but i keep waiting "just one more round"...

I hope Wayne was still available. I will check in again in a couple hours

You got him. I was deciding between Antonio Brown and Reggie Wayne. I had Brown ranked 17th for WR and Wayne ranked 18th. Several WRs below my rankings had already been drafted. I can't believe how far Wayne falls in drafts. There's a lot of good WRs this year.

You got him. I was deciding between Antonio Brown and Reggie Wayne. I had Brown ranked 17th for WR and Wayne ranked 18th. Several WRs below my rankings had already been drafted. I can't believe how far Wayne falls in drafts. There's a lot of good WRs this year.

i think he's falling because his upside is limited in comparison to some of these other guys. He has appeared to lose a step over the last 2 years, and without Peyton there last year he was fairly average. With Luck there now, and Wayne a year older with little other threats on offense, how much upside does he have?

i think he's falling because his upside is limited in comparison to some of these other guys. He has appeared to lose a step over the last 2 years, and without Peyton there last year he was fairly average. With Luck there now, and Wayne a year older with little other threats on offense, how much upside does he have?

His QB was awful last year. Now he has a good QB again. He had over 100 receptions I think a couple years ago. He's only 33.

His QB was awful last year. Now he has a good QB again. He had over 100 receptions I think a couple years ago. He's only 33.

right, but (and w/o mentioning any names) who else on offense is going to take the focus of the D away???? I don't think Wayne has the ability to beat double-coverage anymore, and i see him seeing a lot of it.

That's why Wayne isn't on my radar. We don't know how good his qb will be and we don't know who else will emerge to take coverage away from Wayne. He could be a very nice, sneaky pick but he won't be on any of my teams because someone will take him before I'm willing to.

Man, I'm torn with all these options at 6.12 and 7.1. I need a Qb, TE, WR, and I really want to nab another RB while I'm at it. I'm just going to go ahead and take 4 picks while I'm at it:) Jeez, what am I going to do?

ww the other back hasnt been taken yet. But I would not of taken Best -- not becasue he isn't good but I can't see the Lions playing more than 10-15 plays a game especially with Leshoure back and word is they are looking for a FREE AGENT ( Ced Benson ) Too bad as Best is a really good player

ww the other back hasnt been taken yet. But I would not of taken Best -- not becasue he isn't good but I can't see the Lions playing more than 10-15 plays a game especially with Leshoure back and word is they are looking for a FREE AGENT ( Ced Benson ) Too bad as Best is a really good player

RBBC is definitely a concern with Best - but he's going to be the most dynamic one of the group w/ potential for 50+ yd TD bonuses. And i see him as at least the primary pass-catching RB.

I know. Let me know when he falls. Pretty sure I was right.

right, but (and w/o mentioning any names) who else on offense is going to take the focus of the D away???? I don't think Wayne has the ability to beat double-coverage anymore, and i see him seeing a lot of it.

He went for 75 960 4 last year. His QB situation should be much better. He finished with 16 receptions over the last 2 weeks. I expect him to be a target hog and have a pretty high floor as a WR3. We shall see

He went for 75 960 4 last year. His QB situation should be much better. He finished with 16 receptions over the last 2 weeks. I expect him to be a target hog and have a pretty high floor as a WR3. We shall see

yes. i definitely see the same thing, and agree. what i was trying to say is that i think he slides so far in the draft because his upside isn't as pretty as some of the guys who went earlier.

but his floor is also much higher... i don't think there's much chance (if any, barring injury) of him catching <60 passes this year.

Has anyone reached out to ahill to let him know he is on the clock? My access to the board will get very limited again from 3pm to 8pm

Has anyone reached out to ahill to let him know he is on the clock? My access to the board will get very limited again from 3pm to 8pm

picking before and after him each round is tough - maybe like the old days of Delay.

This wait for my defense is excruciating

What happened to ahill

he succumbed to the pressure of drafting against FF geniuses...

he succumbed to the pressure of drafting against FF geniuses...

He's in another draft?!

great pick joc.

I was so close to taking him but went maclin instead since there r so many tight ends.

Gates could be a beast. Remember what he was doing the last time Vincent Jackson wasn't in a charger uni

And now I focking hate u for taking smith. Really wanted him. I rescind my endorsement of you as champion.

Ugh, I finished up my WR and TE corps, but I really wanted to add some depth at the running back position. I've never had Gates as a TE before, hopefully he'll turn out to be a nice pick up. There were some other TE's that intrigue me as well that will come at a cheaper price, but are they as good? Gates says he's feeling healthy finally...we shall see.

Torrey Smith - 50 yard td bonuses! I'm hoping for 8 td's from him this year 5 over 50 yards, I don't think he's going to catch over 70 balls though.

Sorry fellas... Was on the golf course.

ahh, golf course is always an acceptable excuse.