Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Week 15 Scoop and Play WRs

I need to plug someone in the WR spot for the week. Got two ninja picks to get in there with

Robbie Anderson vs Miami - target monster last two games and Miami DBs are burnable

JJ Nelson- Floyd has drank himself outta playing so Nelson is definitely the clear no 2 vs NO DBs which are some of the worst in the league.

Leaning towards Anderson at the moment. Don't have any other options but those two off of the top of my head. Anyone else got a scoop and play WR for week 15?

I got excited about JJ for one week and got burned. I'm not sure how forgiving I am in playoff week one.

I got excited about JJ for one week and got burned. I'm not sure how forgiving I am in playoff week one.

Keep in mind, these are waiver wire guys. so if you are picking one up, you arent in great shape for WR's to begin with.

so by starting these guys, you are taking a calculated risk that they will pan out for you.

I got it done the last 2 weeks with DeSean Jackson. Not a sexy pickup, but he got the job done.

other players that can be seen on some waiver wires worth a look:

The early season Darling..... Marvin Jones Jr. Vs the Giants

Back from his injury. Stafford is peaking and he is getting healthy. On the wire in two of my leagues, I grabbed him in one, and put a bid on him in the other.

Adam Thielen vs Indy.

Since week 5 he's really only had two bad weeks. Week 8 (40 yards receiving) and week 10 (21 yards receiving) He salvaged week 10 by getting a TD. He's been pretty solid otherwise. for a waiver wire pickup, he's alright. and has some upside.

Chris Hogan (vs Denver)- I know the matchup isnt great, but hes gonna get the looks now that Gronk is out.

Maclin vs Tennessee- I'm only mentioning him because hes on the wire in one of my leagues. He's had a subpar season, come back from injury, just getting healthy now. I'd expect the Chiefs will try to get him going in a good matchup against the Titans.

Garcon-likely not available, but he's on the wire in one league that I know of, and given the matchup this week (vs Carolina) if you are in need of help at WR, he may be your man.

Montgomery who had been picked up and then dropped in my league.

Inman if not already.

Thielen for sure. Dude has a decent floor and is seeing a ton of targets.

Thielen may be my guy. I need a guy who I know can get me 10 or more and won't leave me with 2.

I like Theilen a decent amount this week. They should be able to throw it if they want to, and the coverage won't be too scary.

If Inman is still available he'd be my top choice.

Robby Anderson, Ty Montgomery, Lockett, Lafell/Boyd (if available), and I think Chris Hogan somehow does enough to be useful again this week (though I wouldn't want to bank on him) are the best of what I see out there this week.

I liked last week's waiver options at WR a whole lot more than I do this week's.

• Like 1

I like T Boyd this weekend in a ppr league.

I like Theilen a decent amount this week. They should be able to throw it if they want to, and the coverage won't be too scary.

If Inman is still available he'd be my top choice.

Robby Anderson, Ty Montgomery, Lockett, Lafell/Boyd (if available), and I think Chris Hogan somehow does enough to be useful again this week (though I wouldn't want to bank on him) are the best of what I see out there this week.

I liked last week's waiver options at WR a whole lot more than I do this week's.

You confirmed a thought I've had- get and play Inman. I'm hoping Benjamin and Williams are still struggling with health that Rivers will continue to look more often to his slot man, Inman. I hope......

• Like 1

For those in larger leagues or with really active owners where many of the above guys are gone, Breshad Perriman at home against a Philly secondary that has been hurt by deep passes the past few weeks might be a Hail Mary worth looking into. It could be Wallace that hits it though. Hopefully you don't have to get this crazy.

You confirmed a thought I've had- get and play Inman. I'm hoping Benjamin and Williams are still struggling with health that Rivers will continue to look more often to his slot man, Inman. I hope......

I'm between him and Gabriel for my last WR spot in one league. I'm already playing Desean Jackson on Monday night, so will be rolling out two boom or bust guys if I stay with Gabriel.

I have scooped JJ Nelson, but am considering grabbing Kerley and starting him over A Rob. T Smith out and Vance to IR against a defense that gives up points to WR. I know, I know Kaep sucks....

M Lee Wr Jags.

Leaning toward playing R. Anderson and Tyrell Williams over Cooks and Golden Tate. I also have Inman.. though Williams has been practicing in full this week.

I don't feel great about sitting more proven guys.. and Tate is usually a good floor play.. but that Giants D and Stafford banged up.. I just don't trust it. Sitting Cooks is easier.. Patrick Peterson looms and he's such a dice roll anyway.

Gimme targets and catches.

Keep in mind, these are waiver wire guys. so if you are picking one up, you arent in great shape for WR's to begin with.

so by starting these guys, you are taking a calculated risk that they will pan out for you.

I got it done the last 2 weeks with DeSean Jackson. Not a sexy pickup, but he got the job done.

I'm considering some WW 'fodder' over Dez and T.Y. this week. Picked up Anderson, with the targets he's getting over Dez, maybe I won't get stuck with a "-1" point performance again and almost lose my @ss! As for T.Y., Vike's defense has me worried about shutting him down too. I've also got Luck and considering starting Bradford as I feel he's about to 'go off' with all of his receivers finally healthy.

I'm considering some WW 'fodder' over Dez and T.Y. this week. Picked up Anderson, with the targets he's getting over Dez, maybe I won't get stuck with a "-1" point performance again and almost lose my @ss! As for T.Y., Vike's defense has me worried about shutting him down too. I've also got Luck and considering starting Bradford as I feel he's about to 'go off' with all of his receivers finally healthy.

Did you happen to catch Dez's #'s in the 4 weeks preceding last week's fiasco.

Bradford about to "go off"? Does he ever "go off"? Sure, he could have a decent game....but starting him over Luck?

I am all about riverboat gambling, but be careful not to overthink too much.

• Like 1

Did you happen to catch Dez's #'s in the 4 weeks preceding last week's fiasco.

Bradford about to "go off"? Does he ever "go off"? Sure, he could have a decent game....but starting him over Luck?

I am all about riverboat gambling, but be careful not to overthink too much.

Could be right about the overthinking. Dez has seemingly been my Achilles Heel this season. When he has a good matchup, I put him in and he stinks it up. I just don't trust him.

As for Luck and his OL starting 3 rookies this weekend, that seems to be huge trouble for one of the most sacked QB's in the league away playing the #1 Defense. What's also funny is I also have Hilton and the Viking's Defense. Our league's WW is picked all to hell and Bradford is the top rated QB on it. I do have Kaepernick as well, his matchup at Atlanta seems inviting as they're very QB friendly in points but they have improved a lot over the past month.

I just hate that I've got to overcome 25 points that Wilson got with this guy also having Zeke and OBJ versus my DJ and T.Y. I have acquired Anderson and JJ Nelson is still on the wire. If I can pull out an upset, then I have favorable schedules across the board next week, just have to play the highest scorer in our league this weekend.

With out question I would not start Luck vs the Vikings def.

I would go with Anderson and Thomas.

A sneaky start could be Kenny Stills against an atrocious Dolphin secondary.

He can be boom-or-bust, but he's playing well lately. I also like the Marqise Lee call; he's clearly the number 1 WR in Jax now.

HE GOT TRADED TO THE J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS??1!1!? PETTY BLOWS, AND HE LOVES THAT SKINNY DUDE!!1! STILLS WOULDA BEEN BETFER OFF STAYING WITH MIAMI 💩💩💩💩💩

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY11!1

HE GOT TRADED TO THE J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS??1!1!? PETTY BLOWS, AND HE LOVES THAT SKINNY DUDE!!1! STILLS WOULDA BEEN BETFER OFF STAYING WITH MIAMI

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY11!1

What you are is ANNOYINGPOSTERGUY. Stick with your comments - which are generally good - and ditch your style, which is focking awful.

He can be boom-or-bust, but he's playing well lately. I also like the Marqise Lee call; he's clearly the number 1 WR in Jax now.

Doubt Stills gets you any points against the Dolphins secondary.

Doubt Stills gets you any points against the Dolphins secondary.

I meant Jets, but I was still right. :lock:

I have to pick 2 out of Cooks, Steve Smith and Inman.

Smith is odd man out.

I'd agree with that. Good luck.