Sign in to follow this  
ffb

Week 15 Playoff DST

Before making it to week 16, gotta try to win week 15. Who ya got?

Baltimore vs Jax looks to be the best matchup.

Thoughts about Carolina vs TB?

How about Seattle at home versus SF? They didn't do to bad against the Cardinals last week.

There's a similar thread where a fella provided numbers something like they're 5th in sacks

I am riding the lions... and I think it should work out... though any time you can go against jax then life is good.

Titans

The most points the Titans have gotten all season I believe is 12 and I think they have only scored in double digits that one time. I'd rather stick with my high risk Eagles.

Who have they played to get those points though? Not the giants and jets they play in fantasy playoffs.

Cheifs vs Raiders in a big revenge game looks like a safe bet. KC dropped about 4 picks against Oakland and had a few fumbles go right back to the raiders in that one too.

in yahoo standard

14 vs kc

13 vs jax

So, these two weeks are the only time they have scored double digits. KC was week one, so they have scored double digits one time in the past 11 weeks, barely getting that against woeful Jax with a rookie qb.

The bottom line for me is this defense is a very low reward (10-12) with very little chance of getting a td. Based on history, they might get you 6 points.

Scoring and maybe some common sense are the big thing. This past week my opponent got -1 point having Miami in. He also had Peyton in who faced Miami. To me he was rolling the dice on fumbles by the other Broncos because interceptions were break even. Return yards off a ton of Denver kickoffs aren't netting many points.

Cheifs vs Raiders in a big revenge game looks like a safe bet. KC dropped about 4 picks against Oakland and had a few fumbles go right back to the raiders in that one too.

Yep that might be the fallback after the Ravens too. Murray's a bit of a wildcard though, he will probably be playing and we will have to see if he tears it up in the interim. The Chiefs will be in playoff mode, at home, in December, looking to restore the prior loss in front of the home fans.

The Packers also close 14. vs Atl, 15. @ Buf, 16. @TB.

Any more thoughts on this one?

The Raiders were historically bad vs the Rams just now.

The return of Murray is the only thing that has me wondering.

Any other good week 15 matchups people are looking at?

Work league - Rams hosting Cardinals (most likely or Lions hosting Vikings)

Money League - Rams hosting Cards

I have to say the Rams have surprised me, not because of the defense so much, we always knew they had potential, but because Hill appears to be straightening out the offense so the D has a chance: the whole closing schedule looks good, 14. @Was, 15. AZ, 16. NYG.

in yahoo standard

14 vs kc

13 vs jax

I get it now, these are the points that Tenn scored vs these teams? I don't see a lot to rely on there.

So, these two weeks are the only time they have scored double digits. KC was week one, so they have scored double digits one time in the past 11 weeks, barely getting that against woeful Jax with a rookie qb.

The bottom line for me is this defense is a very low reward (10-12) with very little chance of getting a td. Based on history, they might get you 6 points.

I agree the TEN DST just seems like a bad idea.

The Chiefs get the Cards & Stanton, with maybe no Ellington and no Fitz again this week, then Raiders next week. My only concern is if Murray blows up again, so I'd say keep a watch out on the SF game to see how he looks.

Week 15 is the only reason I have been holding the Chiefs defense for 3 weeks now...and why I held the Rams for 2 weeks before week 13.

This is going to be out of left field but...

...the Bucs DST has played pretty well the last few weeks, I think people were probably especially surprised by what they did to Cincy last week. They get @ Car week 15.

Two crappy teams playing against each other often results in crappy offense. I would go with either defense too.

Can they idp to offset you?

Haha nice one; I find this particularly amusing. We're all familiar with the challenge of occasionally rooting against yourself because of opponents in other leagues, and IDP leagues take it to another level. I had Chandler Jones as a DL (#2 in scoring, and significant gap, before injury), and he would easily offset NE DST at the time (e.g., IDP sack is 3), but if your IDP league has no DST, the bigger concern is knowing that getting IDP points in one league can mean your opponent's DST is getting points in another. Last week I started Jeleni Jenkins and Reshad Jones of MIA and needed points to win tiebreaker for BYE* while rooting for a weak game by MIA DST (<12 pts) in another league. The solution to such dilemmas? J.J. Watt. Yeah, two of his TDs are DST gamechangers, and his 5 FRs are a big DST boost, but the offensive TDS...Kubiak laughed him off when he lobbied for some passes once last year.

On topic, I'm feeling less good about BAL now that Ngata is out. We'll see how JAX OL and BAL DL play this week. I'd like to see them sack Tannehill (assuming that will translate to success against Bortles scrambles). If Tannehil actually completes a deep pass against them, I'll start getting worried.

Oh a guy put that in another dst thread yesterday. I might vulture a post from there to here those look good.

I picked up STL in both of my leagues. Facing Stanton and a backup RB. i see a lot of pressure coming his way.