Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Sorry another Hunt Question: Is Barkley really a no brainer over Hunt ?

I like Hunt. I don't like Andy Reid. Barkley is the only game in town, I can see Andy getting cute.

I like Hunt. I don't like Andy Reid. Barkley is the only game in town, I can see Andy getting cute.

usually in a keeper league I like a RB with a young, up and coming QB with wheels. Who knows who the Giants will come up with. I have a feeling it will be awhile before they get an early round pick again. Eli just isnt good, he is a bad Romo now

usually in a keeper league I like a RB with a young, up and coming QB with wheels. Who knows who the Giants will come up with. I have a feeling it will be awhile before they get an early round pick again. Eli just isnt good, he is a bad Romo now

Young up and coming QB with wheels? Thats an oddly specific requirement for a keeper RB lol...

Cam had JStew

Rodgers has had almost no run game last few years.

Seahawks run game has been dreadful last few years.

Murray/Henry have been solid for Mariota but not spectacular.

Watson had Miller/foreman last year and I dont remember them doing anything good.

Tannehill hasnt had any run game until Ajayi.

Bortles had nothing before Fournette.

Do you have a good example for what it is youre looking for? Am I missing someone?

• Like 1

Not even close. Yes

well...... barkley broke a 68 yard td late (very athletic run too). beyond that they looked similar

hunt: 16/49; 1/8 rec

barkley: 18/106 (17/38 without the td run); 2/22 rec

well...... barkley broke a 68 yard td late (very athletic run too). beyond that they looked similar

Most folks here think barkley will get a 70 yard td run every game. Not me.

i think he is capable, but so is hunt. it just didn't happen for hunt today.

Jury still way out and Chiefs offense looked spectacular. Id be optimistic if I owned Hunt. Great week 1 play for Saquon.

Me neither but he will get almost all the rb workload and almost always get the ball 1st and goal at the 1.
  • Like 1

Just keep in mind that's the first game of a totally revamped offensive line, against the best D in the NFL. Yes, Flowers is a mess but he's not gonna be there long if he doesn't pick it up. The arrow is straight up for SB, barring injury, like every other player.

Just keep in mind that's the first game of a totally revamped offensive line, against the best D in the NFL. Yes, Flowers is a mess but he's not gonna be there long if he doesn't pick it up. The arrow is straight up for SB, barring injury, like every other player.

How are they the best D in the league? Are you saying the previous year stats dictates the defense?

How are they the best D in the league? Are you saying the previous year stats dictates the defense?

Yes Seafool, I am. It's week 1.

Yes Seafool, I am. It's week 1.

Oh my. The troubadour is so stepping up his game now. He replaced Seafoam with "Seafoool". Did everyone catch that??? OMG. I am so burned. What a cool tough guy he is. I need to just feel how great he is with lines like that and enjoy the genius. I mean, seriously, how does he just come up with those lines? It's as if he is a natural at it. Just wow. This one will take me a while to get over that level of burn.

The other 7 seven threads where he called me Seafood was one thing, hurtful enough, but oh, this is simply putting me in my place for good. A brilliant French mediaeval lyric poet at work before our very eyes, hence "troubadour", I mean, wow! Oh man. How ever will I recover from this one?

Keep it coming troubs, You don't mind I call you "troubs" do you? I mean, I am so learning from you on how to cut someone down so eloquently. I mean, changing their screen name? Just amazing. I'm in awe.

Here is what other's are pointing to in another thread about ranking defenses on a previous year accomplishment:

http://fftoday.com/a...cksonville.html

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Cmon Bier. You can't say, "without the td run" ......it happened.

It does happen, but how often will it occur. Hunt had big gains also last year. Point is that they had similar games minus the big run.

Oh my. The troubadour is so stepping up his game now. He replaced Seafoam with "Seafoool". Did everyone catch that??? OMG. I am so burned. What a cool tough guy he is. I need to just feel how great he is with lines like that and enjoy the genius. I mean, seriously, how does he just come up with those lines? It's as if he is a natural at it. Just wow. This one will take me a while to get over that level of burn.

The other 7 seven threads where he called me Seafood was one thing, hurtful enough, but oh, this is simply putting me in my place for good. A brilliant French mediaeval lyric poet at work before our very eyes, hence "troubadour", I mean, wow! Oh man. How ever will I recover from this one?

Keep it coming troubs, You don't mind I call you "troubs" do you? I mean, I am so learning from you on how to cut someone down so eloquently. I mean, changing their screen name? Just amazing. I'm in awe.

Here is what other's are pointing to in another thread about ranking defenses on a previous year accomplishment:

http://fftoday.com/a...cksonville.html

That article is a projection about fantasy defenses, not real life defenses. HTH.

It does happen, but how often will it occur. Hunt had big gains also last year. Point is that they had similar games minus the big run.

Hunt started last year with something like a 50yd td in 3 straight games or something like that. Take those away and he’s not even in consideration for rnd1. Barkley’s big play ability is baked into his high adp, it’s one of the reasons people drafted him.

There are only 16 games to work with, so take a big play away here or there would effect anyone's bottom line.

Hunt started last year with something like a 50yd td in 3 straight games or something like that. Take those away and he’s not even in consideration for rnd1. Barkley’s big play ability is baked into his high adp, it’s one of the reasons people drafted him.

it is built in for hunt as well, with him amassing a lot of plays over 20 yards..... in an nfl season to lead the league in rushing. I think barkley has the potential to be a generational back, but i answer the question "is it worth dropping hunt to acquire barkley?" with a no...as much as i like barkley.

There is some statistical correlation between last years and this years for run defenses. Hunt is very good and especially so in ppr leagues. Happy to have him on my money teams. That said, Barkley looks like a special talent at least per the eye test

Hunt started last year with something like a 50yd td in 3 straight games or something like that. Take those away and hes not even in consideration for rnd1. Barkleys big play ability is baked into his high adp, its one of the reasons people drafted him.

He had 5 games with 13 or less rushing attempts. KC lost 4 of those games. And it wasn't because they were getting blown out. Those losses was Reids fault. I would say Hunt has proven himself a difference maker over a full year in the league. But I am a little bummed about him only getting 1 target in the passing game this week. I hope that is not a trend.

Time will tell with Barkley.

Hunt started last year with something like a 50yd td in 3 straight games or something like that. Take those away and hes not even in consideration for rnd1. Barkleys big play ability is baked into his high adp, its one of the reasons people drafted him.

Amen.

If you take away Hunts longest run this week does that mean Spencer Ware is starting next week?

15 for 36 is dreadful but at least he broke one for 13. I think the biggest takeaway to be worried about for Hunt going forward is the simple fact that the chiefs had control of that game from start to finish, and hunt only contributed that kind of a stat line.

Barkley busted out that awesome run while the giants were still losing.

Amen.

If you take away Hunts longest run this week does that mean Spencer Ware is starting next week?

15 for 36 is dreadful but at least he broke one for 13. I think the biggest takeaway to be worried about for Hunt going forward is the simple fact that the chiefs had control of that game from start to finish, and hunt only contributed that kind of a stat line.

Barkley busted out that awesome run while the giants were still losing.

i am new to football. do offenses and defenses play the same when they are leading vs playing from behind?

despite kc's lead, they did not run the ball much. ware had 4 touches. it does not seem as if he will cut in as much as most worried about. but this is one game (and game plan). we'll see how they change things up vs pitt next week (clev did not pass or run well, but there was poor weather)

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Article/Saquon-Barkley-New-York-Giants-week-1-121684323/

"I mean, I knew right away," Calais Campbell said. "The first run and the first couple times I tackled him, I said; 'this kid has something,'"

By the end of Sunday's game, Barkley had rushed for 106 yards on 18 carries while averaging 5.9 yards per attempt and added two receptions for 22 yards.

Barkley's impressive debut came against the NFL's No. 2 ranked overall defense last season, which lends some credence to what he was able to do the past three seasons against Big Ten defenses.

"Obviously, you see it on tape," Campbell said. "But we didn't get to watch a lot of tape on him. It's his college tape. Coming into the NFL against a team like ours, and making some of the plays he made, that kid's going to be special."

A new trend among NFL players is trading jerseys with the opponent, and Campbell is going to join the legions of fans that made Barkley's jersey the highest-selling in the NFL with a new blue 26 hanging in his locker on Monday.

"I traded jerseys with him after the game because I was like; 'Okay, if he can stay healthy, he might one day be a Hall of Famer. So now, I'll get his jersey when he's young."

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/09/jaguars_calais_campbell_on_giants_saquon_barkley_h.html

That is from an All-Pro from the best Defense in the NFL after trying to defend Barkley.

Elway is a HOF QB. He loved Paxton Lynch. Oh, and he was taken to replace another brilliant choice of Elways in Brock Osweiler.

Michael Jordon and Isaiah Thomas were 2 of the greatest basketball players to ever walk the earth, but they sucked at talent evaluation.

You knew this bump was coming...

Thru 3 weeks Barkley has over double the points of Hunt in my PPR league. I know the margin is closer in standard but still....

Concerned yet seafoam?

Also the Giants got a win lol

This is a legit thing to consider. Why people don't understand this I don't get. When a player like a Chris Johnson or Saquan Barkley have elite speed, we can consider their long runs to not be anomalies.

When slower players like Jeremy Hill or Kareem Hunt have long TDS over 50 yards, especially multiple in a season, those are almost certain to be anomalies. Hill had a bunch between 2 years, damn near everyone said we shouldn't discount those runs when projecting his future statistical value

Uh... Yeah, you should for future projections, or you don't look beyond the surface for more clues. How awesome is Jeremy Hill at long runs now?

Hunt is confusing to me. I think he looks good running the ball. He runs tough, but something isn't working. He should have running lanes for days with the Chiefs pass attack. Maybe he isn't as good as he appears? I don't get why he isn't having more success running, unless he just isn't as good as many of us believe

last year hunt had 6 games where he rushed for over 100 yds; 3 more over 80.

the biggest difference this year is in the passing game... last year he was getting about 5 targets a game; ending the season with 53 receptions (with 455 yds) which added to his value. this year he has 1 rec for 5 yds and a whopping 3 targets.

his 3 tds are significantly boosting him right now. very average numbers for 1st round pick (still getting carries 16, 18, 18). we'll see if game plan changes, but the passing attack is so strong this may not happen until weather forces the issue.

5 weeks in and Saquon has been nothing short of a stud.

Kudos to all the owners out there that took the risk. Even Kamara owners have to be sweating now.

This is a legit thing to consider. Why people don't understand this I don't get. When a player like a Chris Johnson or Saquan Barkley have elite speed, we can consider their long runs to not be anomalies.

When slower players like Jeremy Hill or Kareem Hunt have long TDS over 50 yards, especially multiple in a season, those are almost certain to be anomalies. Hill had a bunch between 2 years, damn near everyone said we shouldn't discount those runs when projecting his future statistical value

Uh... Yeah, you should for future projections, or you don't look beyond the surface for more clues. How awesome is Jeremy Hill at long runs now?

Hunt is confusing to me. I think he looks good running the ball. He runs tough, but something isn't working. He should have running lanes for days with the Chiefs pass attack. Maybe he isn't as good as he appears? I don't get why he isn't having more success running, unless he just isn't as good as many of us believe

Some offensive lines are built for pass-blocking not running. Having an elite pass attack doesn't necessarily leave running lanes. Look at Green Bay. They've had a consistent lethal air attack for Rodgers entire starting career, with a great offensive line. But they never were able to establish the run.

That being said, in hindsight, there is no comparison betwem Barkley and Hunt. Barkley is by FAR superior already with arguably the worst offensive line in football. Comparing Hunt to him is foolish.

That being said, in hindsight, there is no comparison betwem Barkley and Hunt. Barkley is by FAR superior already with arguably the worst offensive line in football. Comparing Hunt to him is foolish.

One of the easiest things to do in FF is to look back at what happened and comment on it. Nobody knew James Conner would be top five in the league after 5 weeks. McCaffery would be top 6 and Melvin Gordon #3 and James White at #8. When you mix in the top 10-12 backs in the NFL, you never know know where they will finish. You only have a good guess that they will finish in the top 10-12 in whatever order barring injury.

5 weeks in and Saquon has been nothing short of a stud.

Kudos to all the owners out there that took the risk. Even Kamara owners have to be sweating now.

I had the 5th pick in one draft and took him ahead of Kamara, Hunt and Gordon. With the Bell situation, and David Johnson being lost in the AZ desert, I'm ok with the gamble I took this far. Case could be made for either Kamara or Gordon ahead of him, but there's no ragrets currently, and I'm now a bit higher on him that Kamara because of his time share.

I had the 5th pick in one draft and took him ahead of Kamara, Hunt and Gordon. With the Bell situation, and David Johnson being lost in the AZ desert, I'm ok with the gamble I took this far. Case could be made for either Kamara or Gordon ahead of him, but there's no ragrets currently, and I'm now a bit higher on him that Kamara because of his time share.

Now that I see that manning can't throw down field even 15 yards, barkley seems in line to get about 25 3-yard receptions a game. In a ppr, all is good for him.