Sign in to follow this  
12th Man

Pussifcation of Baseball

What message are you sending though? Our pitchers suck and can't get him out?

Not remotely the same. Escobar was not on this type of streak and syndergaard just threw high and didn't actually hit him with a fastest pitch thrown to open a game all year.

I'll never Advocate anyone getting head hunted but if a ball catches him in the neck if that piece of trash pitcher ever gets up to the plate I won't shed a tear. It was pretty much chicken crap move.

Acuna should only have gotten hit if he was showboating after he hit his second home run on Tuesday night... I never saw the replay of that home run, but I don't think I have seen Acuna show up the pitcher after hitting a home run...

It was complete bush league by Urena... At least Urena kept the ball down instead of going towards the head like Syndergaard did in that clip...

• Like 1

Disagree unless Acuna was bat flipping and grand standing in the prior three games when he lit up the Marlins starters.

Urena needs to find the stuff to get him out, pitch around him or take his lumps. Plunking him looks like the poosay move to me.

• Like 1

Not remotely the same. Escobar was not on this type of streak and syndergaard just threw high and didn't actually hit him with a fastest pitch thrown to open a game all year.

I'll never Advocate anyone getting head hunted but if a ball catches him in the neck if that piece of trash pitcher ever gets up to the plate I won't shed a tear. It was pretty much chicken crap move.

Wrong answer.

Acuna should only have gotten hit if he was showboating after he hit his second home run on Tuesday night... I never saw the replay of that home run, but I don't think I have seen Acuna show up the pitcher after hitting a home run...

It was complete bush league by Urena... At least Urena kept the ball down instead of going towards the head like Syndergaard did in that clip...

This is correct.

Wrong answer.

whatever you say judge and jury. I'll go with the experts on this one who all say it was pretty classless.

whatever you say judge and jury. I'll go with the experts on this one who all say it was pretty classless.

You're trying to talk class or lack of class with someone who has no class.

1. No need to go at a guy's head

2. Pitchers today do not know how to hit someone properly (in the ass) or even how to pitch inside

3. If pitchers need to throw at guys, then get rid of the DH and let them put a bat in their hands

4. If a guy is show-boating or has taken out one of your players, then he is eligible to be plunked in the ass. Being a hot batter does not justify getting thrown at the head. Pitch him inside and back him off the plate, but don't throw at his head. Mookie Betts has been having this happen to him lately as well, so it is not an issue with a single pitcher or team.

Not the same. Pitching inside to back someone up is not hitting them. The ball Noah threw never had a chance at hitting Escobar unless he stepped into it. Also Escobar wasn't on a streak and a world series game is different then some generic intra division series with the worst/first teams playing. Urena was just jealous and a coward.

The "bat flip" is at the 4 min mark.

Not that big a deal to me.

The "bat flip" is at the 4 min mark.

Not that big a deal to me.

Yeah neither of the last two home runs really warranted him getting plunked... There have been worse "bat flips" that didn't get the player thrown at...

Yea its classless to hit him with the pitch. Youre giving the guy a free base while injuring him. Screw that. My coaches would have been PISSED if I or any of our other pitchers did that. If the guy is hot and youre that scared of him then just walk him. Same thing except youre not as classless for doing it. Still a poosay though. Be man and try to strike him out like you do every other batter

Yea its classless to hit him with the pitch. Youre giving the guy a free base while injuring him. Screw that. My coaches would have been PISSED if I or any of our other pitchers did that. If the guy is hot and youre that scared of him then just walk him. Same thing except youre not as classless for doing it. Still a poosay though. Be man and try to strike him out like you do every other batter

Hogwash. Dust him off and send a message.

Why? So you can give them a free base? Fock that. Strike his ass out and dont be a poosay

Lol

Again, what's the message? That the Marlins stuck at pitching?

The message is 12th man has a mighty small package. Hence the tough guy act.

Yep.

That, and we're gonna pull a b!tch move anytime an opposing hitter gets the better of us.