Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

I used to be a gay rights advocate.

The USA treats their queers and minorities better than anywhere on earth. Fact.

what I always find humorous though is that the left likes to defend gays and muslims while bashing christians and still defending muslims

Google just partnered with Indonesia to remove 78 gay themed apps from the store there cause Islam, but the left doesn't care about that nor are they angry at google

yet Twitter idiot gets a chikfila sandwich during gay ramadan and all hell breaks loose

Exactly. If you want to be equal, then act equal.

For the record, they weren't treated equally.

The cause I believed in is and was marriage equality. It was totally jacked up that two guys and a loving committed relationship for 20 years had absolutely no say in end-of-life care or other treatment options. Whereas the dad that abused his son and disowned him for being gay 20 years before can March right in after being absent for two decades and have more rights than the guys loving committed partner.

Having said that, keep your two dads out of my sons library and keep your ass less chaps away from the saint Patrick's Day Parade.

I laugh when these couples fight for the right to get married, given their high infidelity rate. Some woman I work with went through it and miraculously didn't lose half her sh!t in the divorce.

I laugh when these couples fight for the right to get married, given their high infidelity rate. Some woman I work with went through it and miraculously didn't lose half her sh!t in the divorce.

I had a former student who went to a state where ghey marriage was legal back in the day. Married her girlfriend.

Came home, wife cheated on her. Now they cant get divorced because Tennessee doesnt recognize their marriage in the first place, and neither of them was a resident of the state they got married in.

Im sure some money and lawyers could have sorted that out, but these were poor idiots.

• Like 1

No. I was raised Methodist. Went to church at least twice a week, youth group, all that stuff. Was a pretty good environment. Not one of your super wacked out southern churches.

My sister ended up going to one of the baptist mega churches for a while. Always came back from trips brainwashed. We were all going to hell, trying to save our souls, boycotting Disney for hiring gheys, blah blah blah.

I hate all religion. Hindu, Islam, Christianity, Bhuddist, whatever, to varying degrees. All it is is a place for people to feel superior to others, be brainwashed into good little sheep, and be taught that this world doesnt matter, its the next one that counts, so please give us power and money for nothing.

Sounds like the Dems/Globalists/Climate Change crowd.

Or the conservative maga crowd.

Many kinds of snake oil salesmen out there.

Not really.

Not really.

Ok chief. Youre right. Your kool aide is the magic one. Im sure your draft dodging tax avoiding corrupt New York real estate developing supposed billionaire really is the messiah of the blue collar working man.

Oh, the Brooklyn bridge isnt really for sale. HTH.

:wink:

Ok chief. Youre right. Your kool aide is the magic one. Im sure your draft dodging tax avoiding corrupt New York real estate developing supposed billionaire really is the messiah of the blue collar working man.

Oh, the Brooklyn bridge isnt really for sale. HTH.

:wink:

You said the MAGA folks want to feel superior to others. Sorry, that's the MO of the elitist virtue signalers. Try a different critique, that one doesn't fit.

You said the MAGA folks want to feel superior to others. Sorry, that's the MO of the elitist virtue signalers. Try a different critique, that one doesn't fit.

Oh sure you do!

You guys are patriots! Real Americans!

The other side? Theyre just mentally imbalanced libtards with hollyweird values that are looking to destroy the American way of life!

See where Im going here?

Oh sure you do!

The other side? Theyre just mentally imbalanced libtards with hollyweird values that are looking to destroy the American way of life!

See where Im going here?

No. I don't think I'm superior because I like lower takes, secure borders and reworking our trade deals. I think that just makes me a pragmatist. It's not rocket science

No. I don't think I'm superior because I like lower takes, secure borders and reworking our trade deals. I think that just makes me a pragmatist. It's not rocket science

The right thinks they are smarter and more patriotic. The left thinks they are smarter and more evolved and compassionate.

Both are virtue signalers. They just signal slightly different virtues.

The right thinks they are smarter and more patriotic. The left thinks they are smarter and more evolved and compassionate.

Both are virtue signalers. They just signal slightly different virtues.

It's just not comparable. You just don't know how much it has changed. It's hard when you're halfway across the world and you can't feel it. I remember coming home after 6 months overseas and it felt like everything had changed. It did, but not at this rate. It's not republicans telling people they can't eat at a restaurant or speak at a college. Republicans aren't calling the other side Nazis.

It's just not comparable. You just don't know how much it has changed. It's hard when you're halfway across the world and you can't feel it. I remember coming home after 6 months overseas and it felt like everything had changed. It did, but not at this rate. It's not republicans telling people they can't eat at a restaurant or speak at a college. Republicans aren't calling the other side Nazis.

Fair enough. I remember thinking how ape sh!t crazy things were last summer when I was home. Sounds like its gotten worse.

Im slowly starting to lose my Leftie friends on Facebook. A few have defriended me when I call them out for being over the top loons. A few have decided to abandon social media completely in some kind of virtue signaling exile to the digital wilderness (they just cant take it anymore). Ive deleted a few of the hardcore nuts myself.

So no argument on the theyre insane point.

Okay, I'm thrilled? that Alex Jones or whomever taught you a new term called virtue signaling. It doesn't mean that you have to use it in every single thread. Please stop.

As for the whole feeling Superior thing. Do I really have to cut and paste 25 different times the Trump said something was the stupidest or the dumbest or he was the smartest or he was the best where they were the weakest where he was the strongest when he was the cleverest and they were the dumbest or...

I mean, just because we all know it's a lie, doesn't mean he didn't say it. And it doesn't mean you guys didn't cheer like teenage girls for it.

I have the world's best memory! Believe it believe it! Some people say that I'm a genius! I'm the world's best negotiator! This deal is the dumbest deal in the history of deals ever!

Scream cheer!!!!!

Okay, I'm thrilled? that Alex Jones or whomever taught you a new term called virtue signaling. It doesn't mean that you have to use it in every single thread. Please stop.

As for the whole feeling Superior thing. Do I really have to cut and paste 25 different times the Trump said something was the stupidest or the dumbest or he was the smartest or he was the best where they were the weakest where he was the strongest when he was the cleverest and they were the dumbest or...

I mean, just because we all know it's a lie, doesn't mean he didn't say it. And it doesn't mean you guys didn't cheer like teenage girls for it.

I have the world's best memory! Believe it believe it! Some people say that I'm a genius! I'm the world's best negotiator! This deal is the dumbest deal in the history of deals ever!

Scream cheer!!!!!

First off, if I'm ever in the same room as Alex Jones I'm going to hit him a crack for the BS with Sandy hook. To do that to those parents is disgusting. Second, I don't really care what Trump says. I care what he does. The movement is bigger than him.

Oh sure you do!

I am an independent and this is exactly how i feel about the democratic party.

I was in SF from this past Sunday evening until yesterday for a convention at Moscone Center; my hotel took me past Union Square in the heart of SF. Apparently they had their big pride parade Sunday and I missed it by || much. Since I work with engineers, their complaints were mostly around the logistical pains of roads being shut down vs. people wearing d1ck hats or whatever. :D

Interesting place, SF. It seems like pot is legal, or at least not enforced, as I felt like I got a pretty good high walking down the street. Lots of homeless people sleeping on sidewalks of course. Very pedestrian friendly, which means it is a pain in the ass to drive there (on a random note I met a guy on the plane who works for Uber corporate which is headquartered there; after a few days I can totally see a few entrepreneurs saying "why the hell would I want to own a car here?#@!~ :lol: ).

Not my cup of tea. If I never go back again I'd be fine.

Also I did not go to the O'Farrell Theater, for those of you familiar with the area. :ninja:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

I have no right to know what goes on in your bedroom

You have no right to know what goes on in mine

And the Government sure the hell has no right to know what goes on in any ones.

as long as we are all consenting adults that is.

I was in SF from this past Sunday evening until yesterday for a convention at Moscone Center; my hotel took me past Union Square in the heart of SF. Apparently they had their big pride parade Sunday and I missed it by || much. Since I work with engineers, their complaints were mostly around the logistical pains of roads being shut down vs. people wearing d1ck hats or whatever. :D

Interesting place, SF. It seems like pot is legal, or at least not enforced, as I felt like I got a pretty good high walking down the street. Lots of homeless people sleeping on sidewalks of course. Very pedestrian friendly, which means it is a pain in the ass to drive there (on a random note I met a guy on the plane who works for Uber corporate which is headquartered there; after a few days I can totally see a few entrepreneurs saying "why the hell would I want to own a car here?#@!~ :lol: ).

Not my cup of tea. If I never go back again I'd be fine.

Also I did not go to the O'Farrell Theater, for those of you familiar with the area. :ninja:

damn...was in the city mon-wed.

..... i saw you "accidentally" dropping your keys like david kraig

I still have to believe that whatever numbers you want to use, 90% of us are right in the middle of that bell curve. It's the freaks on the 5% of either side that are the loudest voices these days.

Pretty sure the waitress in DeRidder or Des Moines or anywhere else who is busting her ass at two different jobs and has a manager whose hand is permanently tattooed to her ass doesn't give two shits about some actress who swaps out her $6,000 gold ball gown for her $7,000 black ball gown for her 5th award show of the season as a means of empowering this poor waitress.