Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Dude changes gender to save money on car insurance.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33709/canadian-man-changes-gender-cheaper-car-insurance-kassy-dillon

In an attempt to save on car insurance, a Canadian male legally changed his gender to female resulting in almost $1,100 in savings.
According to CBC News, a man in his early 20's and only identified as "David" wanted to buy a Chevrolet Cruze and was given an insurance quote around $4,500. He then asked the insurer if his costs would change if he was a woman. He was told his yearly insurance bill would be reduced to $3,400, or $1,100 less.
“I was pretty angry about that,” David told CBC news. “And I didn’t feel like getting screwed over any more.”
When he asked the insurance agent to change his gender on the policy, his request was denied.
So instead, he changed his gender on his birth certificate and license by first obtaining a doctor's note by telling the doctor he identified as a woman.
“It was pretty simple,” he said. “I just basically asked for it and told them that I identify as a woman, or I’d like to identify as a woman, and he wrote me the letter I wanted.”
When David applied to change his gender, he was required to have a doctor's note, but since then, the requirement has been removed.
David claims he “took advantage of a loophole” and that he felt like he “beat the system.”
“I did it for cheaper insurance,” David said.
By switching his gender, David was able to save $91 a month.
He claims he did it to target the insurance industry, not to insult the transgender community, but many people are still upset.
An MLA in Canada tweeted out her rage calling it “Perjury” and a “crime.”

I constantly hear women bitching about the pink tax. Namely that someone products that are otherwise identical to mens cost more.

Theyre fine with the insurance though.

Anything is possible in the 21st Century.

they're making it so easy, a caveman could do it

Allstates should allow this

I don't think it's something that would be ok'd Nationwide

How is female insurance less? They are objectively worse drivers.

It certainly seems that way, but males get more tickets, are involved in more accidents, and die more often in car wrecks. But they drive more miles too. When adjusted for mileage, it's fairly equal, but insurers care more about the $ they'll likely pay.

They just passed a red law for wimmenz...

They can buy period products with their flexible spending accounts now

I don't think it's something that would be ok'd Nationwide

"Don't identify with your sex,just change it.........Nationwide,is on your side."

This happens in America and AF will have to change their name to The New American Family

For a great low rate, gotta be a chick....

Go see the doctor and have him cut off yer d!ck

Could this happen for an American family?

What would happen if I self-identify as a gecko? I could be a transgender lesbian gecko if that helps.

If the government is going to placate people with gender dysphoria, I think we should be able to join in.....