Photo

Here's something useful for a change. See if you have any unclaimed money.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,107 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

https://ucpi.sco.ca....cp/Default.aspx

You can check to see if you have anything in your name unclaimed. My wife had $48 from an airline overcharge, I had $10 from a Comcast refund from years ago sitting there, a few clicks and it's being mailed to me now.

Edit: The link is for CA but I'm sure you can google for other states similar sites.

I can't think of anyone better to run the country than a reality TV, business mogul blowhard. Apparently, neither could the democrats.

#2 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 106,583 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

Thank you Christian Fauria

#3 Mookz

Mookz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

That's just California.  Can you see if they have one for my state?  :(

#4 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,107 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

That's just California.  Can you see if they have one for my state?  :(

Ah my bad, forgot other states exist. I'm sure you can google a similar service for the other states.

I can't think of anyone better to run the country than a reality TV, business mogul blowhard. Apparently, neither could the democrats.

#5 Mookz

Mookz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:00 PM

So much for making yourself useful.  <_<

#6 Mungwater

Mungwater

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,228 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:16 PM

Ah my bad, forgot other states exist. I'm sure you can google a similar service for the other states.

Our states have water too

#7 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,228 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:09 AM

http://www.missingmo.../Main/Index.cfm

https://www.unclaimed.org/

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.

#8 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 52,856 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:37 AM

I did this for a large concert promoter who was audited by and incorporated in DE half a dozen years ago. DE is where virtually every multi-state corporation incorporates. The reason DE doesn't need income or sales taxes?   - Unclaimed property. 

'Dead Country"  was the largest company that had never kept up any even minimal effort on UP. Basically, the way it works, there is a law that every company has to do its best to return the UP to its owner or state of residence (dumbed down). Even with that hard and fast law, DE makes a fortune on that shiit. 

Now, add in DC; They had a policy that was nothing but shady IMHO. Let's say Van Halen scheduled a concert in whatever state eight months hence. Most of us whip out our plastic, buy our tickets and wait 8 months for the show. Then, Eddie goes on another drug bender before the concert.  - DC has the electronic records and the ability to credit back the price of the tickets (and handling charge), but do / did they?  Nope. Not unless you requested a refund. 

Under audit, that shiit is projected statistically. So, you may go 45 out of 48 months with minimal activity, BUT then you have a HUGE month or two - that stuff is projected against the other periods. 

I've left out a lot of detail and stuff, but you get the point. 

...And that, my friends, is how DE makes it's money; Ignorance and Negligence. There's a reason why other states are furiously trying to get into the "incorporation" business. 

Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker