Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Give us a topic... we don't know

That you know pretty well, and you're pretty positive nobody else on this bored knows anything about.

Mine... Native Pow-wow songs... I'm positive you all don't know much about the genre.

Right now and for awhile the drum group out of Canada named "Northern Cree" has been at the top...

Tight drumming (it's supposed to sound like one beat of the drum), great leadouts (where one guy sings a lead and the others repeat), and over all flow...

The songs, (for the plains tribes), represents a thunder storm. Starting off in the distance... slowly building up... hard drum strikes are thunder/lightning. Celebration of life... struggle, the earth, and new beginnings after the storm. The drum beat is also the heartbeat of mother earth... connecting us all.

Songs are different depending on what dance and what region of the US or Canada they are from.

As I grew up with this man it's in my blood... for those unfamiliar it may sound like just screaming I'm sure and I acknowledge that... to me.. it's a matter of pride.. heritage...defiance to assimilation... keeping this part of us that can't be taken. These songs/religion were outlawed for quite awhile. Also on the plains... woman don't drum or sit at the drum... its not for them to do. They can sing.. but standing up behind the men.

Here's a Northern Cree song thats my tops:

Another good drum group.. I'd say their best song I've heard is Young Spirit also out of Canada:

There has been some sampling. Bya Native electronic group named A Tribe Called Red... from what I've heard thry mostly sample from Northern Cree.

I have a couple of their songs on my lifting playlist.. these two for sure:

Love how this one starts... I call it "unapologetically savage"

• Like 1

That you know pretty well, and you're pretty positive nobody else on this bored knows anything about.

Mine... Native Pow-wow songs... I'm positive you all don't know much about the genre.

Right now and for awhile the drum group out of Canada named "Northern Cree" has been at the top...

Tight drumming (it's supposed to sound like one beat of the drum), great leadouts (where one guy sings a lead and the others repeat), and over all flow...

The songs, (for the plains tribes), represents a thunder storm. Starting off in the distance... slowly building up... hard drum strikes are thunder/lightning. Celebration of life... struggle, the earth, and new beginnings after the storm. The drum beat is also the heartbeat of mother earth... connecting us all.

Songs are different depending on what dance and what region of the US or Canada they are from.

As I grew up with this man it's in my blood... for those unfamiliar it may sound like just screaming I'm sure and I acknowledge that... to me.. it's a matter of pride.. heritage...defiance to assimilation... keeping this part of us that can't be taken. These songs/religion were outlawed for quite awhile. Also on the plains... woman don't drum or sit at the drum... its not for them to do. They can sing.. but standing up behind the men.

Another good drum group.. I'd say their best song I've heard is Young Spirit also out of Canada:

There has been some sampling. Bya Native electronic group named A Tribe Called Red... from what I've heard thry mostly sample from Northern Cree.

you know there's a reason no one else would know this sh;t? :wave:

you know there's a reason no one else would know this sh;t? :wave:

Meh.. It foesn't matter why you don't know it, rather that you don't. Just trying to being a little fresh to the bored son!

• Like 2

How to trade shiny beads and whiskey for vast amounts of land and gold.

• Like 1

How to trade shiny beads and whiskey for vast amounts of land and gold.

:nono: :lol:

I've been to the one in Cass Lake. Very interesting. :thumbsup:

But the songs all sound the same to me. :D

Secks with human females.

I believe he's talking first hand knowledge, not just what you've researched on the internet.

• Like 1

how to thread a needle when you can't see well

• Like 1

I've been to the one in Cass Lake. Very interesting. :thumbsup:

But the songs all sound the same to me. :D

Fond du lac band rocks :banana:

I'm fairly confident I know more about, and am/was better at, several video games that have been popular over the years: Vanilla Everquest and the first couple of expansions, the original Rainbow Six, Vanilla WoW, and most recently Overwatch.

Trump

That's cool.

I've been to a few pow wows back in OK, but never really felt comfortable since I've never been fully immersed in the culture.

I believe he's talking first hand knowledge, not just what you've researched on the internet.

Tomato, tomahto... :banana:

food and beverage.

..... but you only have a chance to teach calculus to Radio if Radio wants to learn

There are a couple posters here that a pretty knowledgeable with wrestling. But I like to think I can hold my own with anyone when it comes to the last 4 decades of the business.

Basically, I know a whole lotta sh1t about something pretty useless.

But it's still kinda real to me dammit!

There are a couple posters here that a pretty knowledgeable with wrestling. But I like to think I can hold my own with anyone when it comes to the last 4 decades of the business.

Basically, I know a whole lotta sh1t about something pretty useless.

But it's still kinda real to me dammit!

Wrestling or wrasslin'?

Directed Energy Weapons ( DEW )

"Silent War for Quiet Weapons"

Secks with human females.

You're one of those guys who likes to watch, aren't you?

Wrestling or wrasslin'?

I'd consider it pre 85 wrestling. 85 and on wrasslin. JMO though.

Configuring a kollmorgen akd servo drive to run an agitator at 70rpm top speed when using a 4 to 20mA speed reference from your deltaV even though the drive can only take a 0-10v input for a speed signal

I have nothing outside of some work related topics.

I have too many hobbies to be too specialized in one and there are geeks that share those hobbies.

I am not special nor unique.

Configuring a kollmorgen akd servo drive to run an agitator at 70rpm top speed when using a 4 to 20mA speed reference from your deltaV even though the drive can only take a 0-10v input for a speed signal

That's a fancy way of unclogging the sh1tter!

Im good with a slide rule...can do some pretty advanced algaebra and calculus on one...well...i used to...would take me a while to remember. If you dont use it you lose it.

I'd wager that we're all probably in the top 1% of Megalodon teeth experts as well.

220... 221... whatever it takes.

• Like 1

Mens Clothing and Shoes

Flooring

Guitars

Your wives

Your mom, too.

220... 221... whatever it takes.

:lol:

Is that Mr. Mom or Night Shift?

It's all ball bearings these days.