Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Geek Club posters

How many of you actually still play fantasy football. And types of/how many leagues? Do you even hit the main board?

And who gave it up, but still come here for the witty banter.

After all. We are family.

Dynasty league, geek club members.

I only keep playing because I don't want the league to fold (I do the money)

Oh, did I mention I won it all last year :first:

14 and 2 record

1 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 99.75
Professor Stats 97.58

2 The Mighty Sweatermeats 148.69
​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 166.00

3 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 102.83
Drunken Knights 132.56

4 Die Nasty El Padrino 103.31
​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 166.37

5 Beauty and the Beast Mode 94.53
​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 142.36

6 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 95.60
Iron Fisted Proctologists 93.21

7 Professor Stats 84.03
​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 125.70

8 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 131.93
The Fleecing Neckbeards 126.80

9 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 107.09
Die Nasty El Padrino 116.81

10 Kat Fancy 118.69
​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 120.21

11 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 145.70
Peaces 103.29

12 Ski Bums 58.46
​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 134.37

13 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 145.95
Ski Bums 89.71

13 Tampa Pron Doctors 134.27
​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 145.95

15 Tampa Pron Doctors 111.07
​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 127.90

16 The Mighty Sweatermeats 79.82
​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 99.22

Still play, 3 year long, 1 dynasty and 2 redraft and a ton of Daily

Nope, don't visit the main board ever

Last year I quit all fantasy sports, baseball and football... Don't even miss it... Maybe baseball at times, but couldn't care less about fantasy football now, or the NFL...

Also, I hardly ever go to the main board... Maybe once in a while...

I quit my main league last year and may quit my work one this year. Fantasy football is played out.

After running a league for 20+ years, I finally got out.. Best thing I ever did. Not only was it liberating, but my football enjoyment is much greater now.

I've been clean for 5 years or so - hit the main board during season or for draft talk.......... Now I just come here for the sex.

my peak was at 13 about 10 years ago.

now at 4

FFPC- redraft high stakes. playoffs 3/4 last seasons

local from colorado (been in it for 15 years)- 4 player keeper. won league last year.

12 geeks, one cup- 2nd year. free league for kicks..bleh 6-7 record (drafted high risk team)

just joined die nasty

How many of you actually still play fantasy football. And types of/how many leagues? Do you even hit the main board?

I still play fantasy football. I no longer watch the games. I used to plan my sundays around watching NFL football. Now I would rather do something with my 4 year old boy outside. I check the mange board daily even in the offseason. I do not post as much there but once the season is in I go more often.

The geek club is where I found my home not long after the great huddle migration.

Still play.

Leauge 1 is very old school...people I used to work with. 16 teams that get split into two different drafts...play inter division and interleague games with a Super Bowl that yes could feature teams playing the same guy against each other. TD only scoring...its strange but still a fun league and good people so I stay in it.

League 2 is with the typical friends...most of us play a fantasy baseball league too. Typical standard scoring league.

Neither is for a whole lot of money...most of the fun is getting together for the drafts and having a few beers.

Leauge 3 is a free one I do. Was asked a few years back to fill in an open spot in a PPR league from a parent of a kid I coached and my son played soccer with. Won it 3 years in a row and last year was my first down year. Its ok and I do it more as a favor. Do an online draft and the crap talking is minimal. I may bow out of it this year.

I don't really venture to the main board...not much info really happening there.

I stopped playing quite a few years ago. I was spending waaaay too much time on the sh!t. Joined a friend's league as a fill in a couple of years back. Won their championship then decided to hang it up again.

Dynasty league, geek club members.

I only keep playing because I don't want the league to fold (I do the money)

Oh, did I mention I won it all last year :first:

14 and 2 record

1 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 99.75

Professor Stats 97.58

2 The Mighty Sweatermeats 148.69

​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 166.00

3 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 102.83

Drunken Knights 132.56

4 Die Nasty El Padrino 103.31

​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 166.37

5 Beauty and the Beast Mode 94.53

​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 142.36

6 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 95.60

Iron Fisted Proctologists 93.21

7 Professor Stats 84.03

​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 125.70

8 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 131.93

The Fleecing Neckbeards 126.80

9 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 107.09

Die Nasty El Padrino 116.81

10 Kat Fancy 118.69

​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 120.21

11 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 145.70

Peaces 103.29

12 Ski Bums 58.46

​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 134.37

13 ​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 145.95

Ski Bums 89.71

13 Tampa Pron Doctors 134.27

​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 145.95

15 Tampa Pron Doctors 111.07

​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 127.90

16 The Mighty Sweatermeats 79.82

​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth 99.22

That should be gocolts, I just joined.

i play in one big league. still fun with friends. any more than that and i stop paying attention. half ass research done here throughout season.

1 dynasty - since 1992. 14 teams.

1 redraft - 10 years now.

6 leagues in total, 3 regular dynasty, 1 dynasty with idp, 2 redraft.

I would like to get down to 1 redraft, I much prefer deep dynasty, ie 30+ roster spots.

I mostly read about fringe players and the mange board is useless for fringe players.

That should be gocolts, I just joined.

Thank you for doing so :cheers:

most useless fantasy footballer of all time, without question.

~stick was an original member of this league

not even sure who is left from the original 12

One dynasty league that I Co own a team. I would still play my main redraft if I had the time. I get too obsessive with it. For a few years there probably weren't many people who read as much as I did about football. Oh and I still read something every day in the off-season football related

The popularity of FF is what has ruined it for me. Back when you could do your homework and gain an advantage by working harder than the next guy it was fun. Now that its so popular and information is everywhere its taken the fun out for me. Not my nature to try to fleece guys in deals so I just don't give a fock anymore.

• Like 1

The popularity of FF is what has ruined it for me. Back when you could do your homework and gain an advantage by working harder than the next guy it was fun. Now that its so popular and information is everywhere its taken the fun out for me. Not my nature to try to fleece guys in deals so I just don't give a fock anymore.

:thumbsup:

I made 0 trades the last 2 seasons and won without ripping off pocolts

I always offer even trades, if ever. I am so tired of the wall street mentality

It’s this. I’m really tired of explaining the logic of why winning in FF is all luck now. Yes, a smart owner can get enough edges in a season to consistently make the playoffs. But actually winning playoff games is entirely up to the whim of how players do that week. The concept of variables seems to be lost on so many, I can’t talk about it without sounding like I’m just making excuses when I really am not. I stopped spending so much money on it and now just have my one league to keep up with friends.

It’s this. I’m really tired of explaining the logic of why winning in FF is all luck now. Yes, a smart owner can get enough edges in a season to consistently make the playoffs. But actually winning playoff games is entirely up to the whim of how players do that week. The concept of variables seems to be lost on so many, I can’t talk about it without sounding like I’m just making excuses when I really am not. I stopped spending so much money on it and now just have my one league to keep up with friends.

I played the highest scoring team for the season in the finals. They scored 79 in the finals, 50 below their average... That's 100% luck.

This. When Grandma got a team, its ran its course. The early 2000s were the glory years.

This. When Grandma got a team, its ran its course. The early 2000s were the glory years.

For me the mid 90s was prime time

Most people (where I lived) still had no clue what the internet was, or how to use it.

They were drafting from 3 month old magazines and I was drafting from current news.

Still in two leagues, one dynasty and the other you keep 12 or something. Both with friends so prob stay in for a while longer.

2 leagues, 12 Geeks and a low rent redraft I do with some high school and college buddies. Neither are much work, drafts are fun. I do still check out the main bored every once in a while. I think I'll go check it out now...

One league, the same one with friends now in its 23rd year.

I typically look at the mange board 2 or 3 times a week during the season. I may have posted only once or twice there last season

Quit 4 years ago. But I think I could get back in, and try to take it less seriously.

we should start a new dynasty league here at fft

I almost quit last year. The kneeling was disgusting. Actually I'd said I'd quit at the end of the season as I didn't want to leave the fellows with a vacant team. But the changes for kneeling may suffice, I'l give it another year, see if it's fun again.

I commish Cult Classic and play in 12 Geeks and one other league. 12 Geeks is a redraft the other two are dynasties.

Our dynasty league has been going for 12 years or so now. I rode Tommy Pigtails to my only championship in 2007. I really wanna care more about it, but it seems more like work then fun to me anymore.

I still sit around and do nothing on Sundays but watch footbaw though during the season.

I still sit around and do nothing on Sundays but watch footbaw though during the season.

Thank you for keeping quiet and staying on the couch, while I'm in the bedroom with your mom

I play in Homers baseball and last year again 1 football league. I only picked up the team as literally one of the owners died in a car accident and they were worried the league might fold without time to search for a new owner. I'd played in this league for years before leaving. Close group of coworkers.

I play in Homers baseball and last year again 1 football league. I only picked up the team as literally one of the owners died in a car accident and they were worried the league might fold without time to search for a new owner. I'd played in this league for years before leaving. Close group of coworkers.

That's about the only way I get invited to do things. When someone else dies :cry:

In two long time leagues, different people in both. One is an old work league and I stay in it just to keep in touch even though I have to drive to Long Island for the draft. I think best ball

Leagues are the future.

Redraft that is going on 20 years... Half of that league was also interested in dynasty, so we started one 4 years ago.

Quit last year and not looking back.

I play in 2. Dynasty and Redraft. Redraft is about 17 years old. Dynasty at 11. I enjoy the Dynasty more.

Never understood how people played in more than 2 or 3. What even is the point? You will own basically every player in the league in some fashion. Also dont understand the time thing anymore. Yeah maybe back in thr dark ages. But these days? The internet makes even thr biggest football noob and expert in fantasy football. I dont spend that much time on them. Dont really see the point since it is mainly luck.

I dont do daily. Seems fun in a sense. But I see friends just go on and on about it. 25 lineups. Just seems like a simulation of lineups you slap together. I would rather bet on football games than do that goofy stuff each week.