Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Talk some sense back into me

I am seriously considering drafting Royce Freeman over DeAndre Hopkins in a PPR keeper league. I know, I feel stupid posting this. For some strange reason, I want Royce Freeman on my roster and I know he will not make it back to me. Cuss me out, talk bad about me or whatever it takes, I need to get off of this suicide bridge. :shocking:

Maybe just change your pic and then go with who you want to draft. If it is a one year keeper, then take the better player as it will be this year. And if you don't know who that is, then, think about it. If it is a multi year keeper, then there is only one answer, pick who you like.

Maybe just change your pic and then go with who you want to draft. If it is a one year keeper, then take the better player as it will be this year. And if you don't know who that is, then, think about it. If it is a multi year keeper, then there is only one answer, pick who you like.

Why didn't I think of that! It's a multi-year 2 player keeper league. I am going to try and trade down for a second round pick. Good advice :thumbsup:

At first i was gonna lay some schtick down about how i'm pretty fast at hand-swatting flies and how I'd be moving at twice that lightning speed to snap up Hopkins if he were available to me.

But having thought some more about it....since you're in a 2-player multi-year keeper league...I can't say that a selection of Royce Freeman would be unreasonable for someone who has conviction about him. At draft time, Elway said the organization views him as a bellcow type.

Do it if it makes sense to you.

Forget the consistent 1,500 yards and potential 10-15 TDs for a WR that will be playing with a real QB this season.

The thing that's weighing on me is most of his combine numbers were better than Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt and Saquan Barkley. IMO, he will be this year's Kareem Hunt. Hopkins is proven and a no-brainer to me but in a 14 team 2 keeper player league, the running back is extremely valuable. Last year, Kareem Hunt went 6 overall so I know these guys will not let him come back to me sitting at 3. Allvin Karmara might be available as well because Saquan will be the first off the board for sure.

The thing that's weighing on me is most of his combine numbers were better than Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt and Saquan Barkley. IMO, he will be this year's Kareem Hunt. Hopkins is proven and a no-brainer to me but in a 14 team 2 keeper player league, the running back is extremely valuable. Last year, Kareem Hunt went 6 overall so I know these guys will not let him come back to me sitting at 3. Allvin Karmara might be available as well because Saquan will be the first off the board for sure.

Since in my league we can put a certain number of players under contracts up to 4 years, I always snagged rookie RBs at a decent price and tagged them for 4 years (contract max limit). In the past I grabbed Bell for 4 years at 5% of cap, David Johnson at 1% of cap for 4 years, Hunt for 4 years at 10%. I missed on a few but the hitting on one guy and missing on one guy so much favors the hitting on a stud RB in a keeper league. Last year other guys in my league started catching on how many times I was hitting on rookies so they all just starting trying to do the same, and now almost all the perceived top 5 rookie RBs are getting bid up like crazy. Prices you would never pay in a redraft league. Heck, I even had Antonio Brown for 2% of cap for his first 4 years as well now have Michael Thomas for 4 at 5%. The times have changed in my league now. So noone wanted Sony Michel and I jumped in and got him for almost nothing. Worth a shot.