Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Trading 1.1 rookie pick

Anyone traded or traded for pick 1.1 in a dynasty rookie draft? What did it trade for? I just acquired 1.1 for future picks and I'm shopping it around.

Never done a dynasty draft. Always wanted to but it's hard getting people who will actually stay with the league that long. I would assume that number 1 pick will get you different things depending on the draft class, the needs of the other team, and how gullible people are

The guy in my league that owns 1.1 wants Sammy Watkins and 1.9 (at least) from me.

Two notes: 1) he really needs a RB after trading Charles and Jeremy Hill for a pair of WRs and 2) he has yet to offer me a fair trade in the three-year history of the league, yet was willing to trade Megatron for Josh Gordon after we learned Gordon was busted in the days after the 2014 draft.

The guy in my league that owns 1.1 wants Sammy Watkins and 1.9 (at least) from me.

Two notes: 1) he really needs a RB after trading Charles and Jeremy Hill for a pair of WRs and 2) he has yet to offer me a fair trade in the three-year history of the league, yet was willing to trade Megatron for Josh Gordon after we learned Gordon was busted in the days after the 2014 draft.

I hate people like that. Then when you offer them a fair trade they are appalled that you would offer them such a chitty trade. "This doesn't benefit me at all" no it benefits both parties. You're just not trade raping me is all

• Like 1

Two years ago I traded AJ Green for 1.1 and Antonio Brown. This was in the offseason after Wallace had left the Steelers and before Brown had exploded. I took a TON of crap for the deal with people saying I'd given Green away. Well I took Leveon Bell with the pick and the rest is history.

The 1.1 this season, in my opinion, is less valuable than in previous seasons. You have Cooper, White, Gurley and Gordon as the locks to be the top 4 picks. Outside of those 4, you also have another 4 to 5 guys who could be commodoties right away.

The 1.1 this season, in my opinion, is less valuable than in previous seasons. You have Cooper, White, Gurley and Gordon as the locks to be the top 4 picks. Outside of those 4, you also have another 4 to 5 guys who could be commodoties right away.

I agree with this as a general sentiment though I have a top 5 with a couple of different players. Those top 5 picks for me are pretty equal right now.

The lack of value separation is within the top of rookie draft itself however, I think the top picks in a trade for current players hold as much value as any year.

The NFL draft also could/should give further definition to the top tier

1.1 is going to get a TON more value than it currently has after the draft. Right now, IMHO 1.4 and 1.5 have the most value CURRENTLY. But there's always going to be that Bishop Sankey that shoots up the rookie boards afterwards.

To me, that player this year is Jay Ajayi. If he goes to Dallas, I see some of the dynasty community losing their and taking him in the top 3

1.1 is going to get a TON more value than it currently has after the draft. Right now, IMHO 1.4 and 1.5 have the most value CURRENTLY. But there's always going to be that Bishop Sankey that shoots up the rookie boards afterwards.

To me, that player this year is Jay Ajayi. If he goes to Dallas, I see some of the dynasty community losing their ###### and taking him in the top 3

I just got done evaluating Ajayi. If he bounces everything like he did early this past season, I'll be more than happy letting some other owner sell the farm for him. Even if he runs like he did vs. Arizona in the Fiesta Bowl, he's not going to make Dallas forget DeMarco anytime soon. I was stunned to see him consistently run with so little power (very surprising for a 220-pound back).

Ajayi reminds me alot of Tiki Barber. I think he'll be worth the risk. Number 1 no. But if your in the mid first or beyond, well worth it.

I currently have Ajayi at 7th overall in my rookie rankings. If he lands in Dallas, I might move him up one or two spots, depending on where the other rookies land. I might bump him down if he lands in the wrong place. Ajayi is one of those guys who will be very situation dependant.

Anyone traded or traded for pick 1.1 in a dynasty rookie draft? What did it trade for? I just acquired 1.1 for future picks and I'm shopping it around.

Really? You just acquired the 1.1 and now want someone to tell you what it is worth? What did you pay?

Trade in the DieNasty league here that just went down.

Kat Fancy / Mmmmm...sweater meat Trade

• Kat Fancy gave up Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Kat Fancy ;Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Dung Dealers
  • Mmmmm...sweater meat gave up Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB; Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Mmmmm...sweater meat

Ajayi reminds me alot of Tiki Barber. I think he'll be worth the risk. Number 1 no. But if your in the mid first or beyond, well worth it.

I settled on a different NFL comp in my draft profile of Ajayi, but Tiki was a strong consideration. Great minds :D

Really? You just acquired the 1.1 and now want someone to tell you what it is worth? What did you pay?

As I mentioned, I traded away future picks. To be specific I traded it for 2016 first and second round picks, and a 2017 second round pick. I had 2 first rounders for 2016 before the trade. I asked the question because I want to know what other deals are going down for 1.1. My trade was only for picks, and I wanted to know what kind of established players are good to target with the 1.1 right now.

As I mentioned, I traded away future picks. To be specific I traded it for 2016 first and second round picks, and a 2017 second round pick. I had 2 first rounders for 2016 before the trade. I asked the question because I want to know what other deals are going down for 1.1. My trade was only for picks, and I wanted to know what kind of established players are good to target with the 1.1 right now.

Really its contingent on not only your needs, but that of everyone else in your league. I personally would try to get conversations going with a league owner that not only loves Gurley or Cooper, but has some ammo to spare. Rookie fever is about to reach its zenith.

For me, in terms of a player, it would take a clear cut RB1 or WR1 for me to abandon the chance at Todd Gurley. I truly believe, and have for some time, that he's the best running back prospect since AP.

I don't have the 1.01 anywhere. I did trade Watkins for 1.02 as I prefer either of Cooper or Gurley over him

That's an interesting deal. What pick did you grab watkins with last year?

I don't have the 1.01 anywhere. I did trade Watkins for 1.02 as I prefer either of Cooper or Gurley over him

That's an interesting deal. What pick did you grab watkins with last year?

I have Watkins in a dynasty and considered something like that. I think Watkins is more talented than Cooper or White, but his situation in Buffalo leaves a lot to be desired.

Not to hijack the thread but I have an offer for Watkins. I'd get 1.7, 2.1, and then 2016 3rd.

I think i'd stick with watkins.