Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

i feel, a huge sense of relief

There's a thousand reasons why my mother's business is failing. A huge part of it is they use the wholesale website as a sales tool, but nobody there is smart enough to just do it all the way I set it up. Anyway, the jewelry we produce is made to order and one order may call for thousands of different elements. It's a very complex job to keep track of it all when we have such a huge inventory. Here's the problem, the website has been out of date for months. They did a show in August where the booth space cost $10k, and as much as I said, "Mom, we gotta do this, gotta get the website up to date." and after months of asking, I turned to her assistant basically and handed her a print out of the website, "I've been asking Mom to domthis for months, and she can't make any progress. Since you are the production manager, can you go through this so we can remove stuff from the website that we can't even make anymore? It will literally take me one day, if you guys can go through this, mark off stuff we can't make, give me notes on other stuff. But I can't make up prices, I don't know what elements we have, and we don't ... I need you guys to do tht first.

And today, while mostly distracted by my iPad, and even towards the end of the day urging my Mom, "C'mon, we got 5 more. I need descriptions. You can do it." And by descriptions I mean like, "AFGAHN SILVER PENDANT, CARNELIAN AND GLASS." I am actually pretty good with IDing this by myself. Industry I have no interest in, but know a lot about ... tribal art. There is a lot of concern that the area (Mali, West Africa) where much of my Mom's collection comes from is going to lose access to free markets, with terrorists and Ebola. We can still get earrings from Mali, far as I know. Our all time best seller, gold plated Fulani earrings.

But we got it done. And despite the focked up way it needs to be updated, cause my Mom hired a dipshiat to build the wholsesale side ... before I got involved ... if you want to make one little change, it literally takes hours, you hafta upload the whole thing and you can only edit it in iWeb or it goes funky.

I built a perfectly functional retail side to the website, using Worpress and Cart66 where it keeps track of inventory and it's real easy. I gave them an access level where they couldn't break anything, and showed them both how to edit available inventory. I was dreaming.

Anyway, after months of work ... the website is up to date. Took me one day.

When I started reading I thought this was going to be about your mom giving up on the business. Glad to see it is still going and that you are helping make it better. :thumbsup:

So....a simple question...what is the website? Is there a link?

Ferris Bueller...your my hero.

So...this is a lie? Wheres the link to this amazing website?

I'll bet you one jihad he doesn't post a link here. :ninja:

I'll bet you one jihad he doesn't post a link here. :ninja:

Meh, he's posted it before:

Secret code I'm not supposed to tell anyone yet:

EARFAN

15% off any order of $50 or more

These Fulani earrings, would look real hot on Peens. If she wants a pair, I will give her a pair for free.

If ya know what I'm sayin ...

Good until 2014.

http://www.tribalinks.com

Thought this would be another geek poop thread. Why dont we change the direction of this dud, huh?

So my wife started buying quinoa recently since i need something to curb my weight gain (still not fat, but work 12 hours a day with no exertion at work and no time for gym). Well plain it kind of tastes like crap. Add spinach, seasoning, and bell peppers and it starts to taste good. Add garlic sea salt after its finished for more flavor and its pretty damn good.

Well anyhoo, after a few days of quinoa i was pooping like a mammoth. I did not think i was capable of producing turds the size of a giant zucchini. So yeah if you want massive shlts eat quinoa for a few days. Some seriously impressive stuff.