Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Oprah possibly hinted at running for POTUS

Oafra could definitely win.

Her endorsement of Obama was influential to a certain demographic. Shed likely pull more women and blacks to the polls than any candidate in history.

Of course it would be a disaster, but wed still be required to celebrate her presidency lest we be labeled racist and/or sexist.

• Like 1

Oprah for president? Hell no. Oprah for governor of Chicago? Certainly.

Oprah for Governor of Chicago.... hmmm... someone else please point out what's wrong with this ...

I dont know if shes good enough at Twitter to be an effective leader.

See...and thats what society is now. What are the Kardashians doing? What's happening on Twitter? Did you hear Ginger married Mary Anne? Did you hear who Bieber is dating? Did you hear about the new app? That's what is driving people. That's what people do. Instead of working and making money. They worry about celebs. And that is why Katy Perry, Oprah or Ellen or that type will end up president one day.

Could be. I thought when the national dialogue was about cumstained dresses and shoving a cigar inside an intern we had reached our low, but we rebounded nicely with the next two guys. Eye roll.

Yes HT...Whatever you say.

See...and thats what society is now. What are the Kardashians doing? What's happening on Twitter? Did you hear Ginger married Mary Anne? Did you hear who Bieber is dating? Did you hear about the new app? That's what is driving people. That's what people do. Instead of working and making money. They worry about celebs. And that is why Katy Perry, Oprah or Ellen or that type will end up president one day.

Meh. At least Oprah is a real billionaire and a philanthropist. We would be much better off with her than the Dotard. Katy Perry or Ellen would be a toss-up.

I saw a blurb for a movie today and it said something along the lines of "a witty fun movie sorely needed in these dark times". Huh? Dark times?

I do not like this trend. I am not a fan of politicians, but they have generally kept the country on track.

Meh. At least Oprah is a real billionaire and a philanthropist. We would be much better off with her than the Dotard. Katy Perry or Ellen would be a toss-up.

Wait.....now hes broke again? Hes rich....not that rich....then hes a billionaire benefitting from his tax plan....now hes not THAT rich again.

Please run Orca....want to watch this board justify the whole experience thing with her....that seems to be not ok for Trump.

Wait.....now hes broke again? Hes rich....not that rich....then hes a billionaire benefitting from his tax plan....now hes not THAT rich again.

Please run Orca....want to watch this board justify the whole experience thing with her....that seems to be not ok for Trump.

Wasn't OK for Obama either. You should have seen the hacks going bananas. FFT was birther central. Apparently you weren't around, even though you've been a member since 2005.

The girls here will love her

I wonder if she knows where Aleppo is.

Oprah for Governor of Chicago.... hmmm... someone else please point out what's wrong with this ...

Lol. GDammitt. Lol.

Well, the caffeine still hasn't kicked in. But you know what I mean. Let's face it, there's basically Chicago and the rest. lol

IIRC, Oprah's career began as a failed newscaster; she couldn't handle reporting sad news and would break down into a sobbing mess. So she tried the talk show route and found that much more to her personality. The rest is history.

While she absolutely has the personality to BECOME president, I don't think she has the personality to BE president.

Then again, she runs a billion dollar empire now so maybe she has toughened up. :dunno:

While she absolutely has the personality to BECOME president, I don't think she has the personality to BE president.

:thumbsup:

there's a quote from Newt Gingrich at at Press Corps. dinner 10 or so years ago... and he jokes that our elections have become some combination of American Idol, The Bachelor, and Who's Smarter Than a 5th Grader.

Newt made the observation that the best "candidate" to run for President is no longer the best person to "be" President.

And it's a fact - the qualifications needed to win an election are completely different than the qualifications needed to be the leader of the free world.

More proof the left learned NOTHING from the last election.

• Like 1

I would argue just the opposite. Apparently a crapload of celebrities are saying what the ? You mean you don't have to be qualified at all to become president? Okay it I'm in!

At this point, I'm pretty sure I vote for anybody who doesn't speak of themselves in the third person.

The first George Bush was the last man qualified to be president. And he was far from a media darling.

Fact. And they prove this everyday

I would argue just the opposite. Apparently a crapload of celebrities are saying what the ######? You mean you don't have to be qualified at all to become president? Okay ###### it I'm in!

At this point, I'm pretty sure I vote for anybody who doesn't speak of themselves in the third person.

That's not the issue. A black female nominee? THATS the issue.

For you maybe.

Fact. And they prove this everyday

The most popular and beloved woman in America, who also happens to be Black?

Shiit - it would quite possibly be a route.

The most popular and beloved woman in America, who also happens to be Black?

Shiit - it would quite possibly be a route.

What destination is she taking?

:dunno:

I've been saying that I think the Dems trot out a black woman next time (Kamala Harris, maybe...or Oprah I suppose). Its not about qualifications or platform anymore...its a Ping-Pong match with each side getting further and further away from the center every day.

Pretty much all politicians are focking garbage and don't care one iota about the people they are supposed to represent.

mobb just won this thread with his Trump / Oprah video.

Trump, "I'd pick Oprah as my V.P., she's got a lot going on... she's a lot like me... and she'd be great at it".

And see - Turmp knows that the "it" she'd be great at is the candidate/election/hoopla/popularity contest part... and the 4 years after that don't really matter - you were chosen because you can win an election, not because you can run a country.

I've been saying that I think the Dems trot out a black woman next time (Kamala Harris, maybe...or Oprah I suppose). Its not about qualifications or platform anymore...its a Ping-Pong match with each side getting further and further away from the center every day.

Pretty much all politicians are focking garbage and don't care one iota about the people they are supposed to represent.

I don't disagree the dems do it, however I think if they do, the candidate fails. Now, Oprah definitely changes that a bit. But I still don't see a woman winning yet, and definitely not a black woman. Not in this country yet.

mobb just won this thread with his Trump / Oprah video.

Trump, "I'd pick Oprah as my V.P., she's got a lot going on... she's a lot like me... and she'd be great at it".

And see - Turmp knows that the "it" she'd be great at is the candidate/election/hoopla/popularity contest part... and the 4 years after that don't really matter - you were chosen because you can win an election, not because you can run a country.

She would have been......20 years ago when she was faaaarrr more relevant.

I hope to God they trot her out there... cupcake W.

Haha..per Dave Rubin:

Trump 2016

Oprah 2020

Chelsea 2024

Malia 2028

Bieber 2032

GREAT HUMAN-ROBOT WAR

Cylon 2036

Keurig Machine 2040

GREAT HUMAN-ROBOT WAR II

Al Gore Floating Head 2044

Reanimated Reagan 2048

Sexbot 2052

GREAT HUMAN-ROBOT WAR III

Hillarybot 2056

END OF WORLD

Haha..per Dave Rubin:

Trump 2016

Oprah 2020

Chelsea 2024

Malia 2028

Bieber 2032

GREAT HUMAN-ROBOT WAR

Cylon 2036

Keurig Machine 2040

GREAT HUMAN-ROBOT WAR II

Reanimated Reagan 2048

Sexbot 2052

Hillarybot 2056

END OF WORLD

What about Mr. Roboto?

Haha..per Dave Rubin:

Trump 2016

Oprah 2020

Chelsea 2024

Malia 2028

Bieber 2032

GREAT HUMAN-ROBOT WAR

Cylon 2036

Keurig Machine 2040

GREAT HUMAN-ROBOT WAR II

Reanimated Reagan 2048

Sexbot 2052

Hillarybot 2056

END OF WORLD

Saw that earlier on Twitter. :D

I'd listen to Oprah. I wouldn't listen to Kamala

• Like 1

She would have been......20 years ago when she was faaaarrr more relevant.

I hope to God they trot her out there... cupcake W.

You don't believe this. I don't even like Oprah.

You don't believe this. I don't even like Oprah.

She wasn't more relevant when she was on television? I just mean she's hardly ever in the spotlight at this point.

I think the Democrats are going to be sorely disappointed if they think they will catch lightning in a bottle the way the Republicans did with Trump.

She wasn't more relevant when she was on television? I just mean she's hardly ever in the spotlight at this point.

I think the Democrats are going to be sorely disappointed if they think they will catch lightning in a bottle the way the Republicans did with Trump.

The democrats are dumb....They seriously thought Hillary would be the lightning in the bottle they needed and they completely messed that up. They have no clue who to run in 2020 yet and Oprah just got popular. I almost guarantee the DNC has already contacted her to see if shes interested. She'd be a fool to do it, but shes being asked as we speak.