Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Nascar Chase

:pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

:first:

P.S. - This one is special. Truex's GF has been battling cancer for years and the owner of his team, Barney Visser, had a heart attack a week and a half ago and couldn't even be there for this win. So congrats to Martin and the entire team for battling through adversity and showing that a little team not based in N.C. can still be competitive.

Yeah yeah yeah, its special and it is a great story, but anyone that wasn't in a Toyota this year never even had a chance. 2018 nose on 2017 cars? What the fock?

If it couldnt be Rowdy, Truex is the next best thing. Hes always had the talent, just needed a team with the resources Gibbs has.

Top the day off with Jr. being a non-factor, and it was a pretty damn good year of racing.

KB in 2018 :first:

A Chevrolet will win it in 2018. 6-7 of the top 10 will be Chevrolets.

If it couldnt be Rowdy, Truex is the next best thing. Hes always had the talent, just needed a team with the resources Gibbs has.

Top the day off with Jr. being a non-factor, and it was a pretty damn good year of racing.

KB in 2018 :first:

This :thumbsup:

I would have rather had Shrub win, but like you said, Truex would be my #2 choice .

Focker dominated the series and deserves the win.

I will go out on a limb and say that by the time his career is over, Kyle Bush will go down as the most talented driver in the history of Nekkar.

I will go out on a limb and say that by the time his career is over, Kyle Bush will go down as the most talented driver in the history of Nekkar.

That's a big limb. Richard Petty has 200 wins. KB has 43. Jimmy Johnson has 7 championships, many at KB's expense. He won't even be considered the most talented of his contemporaries.

That's a big limb. Richard Petty has 200 wins. KB has 43. Jimmy Johnson has 7 championships, many at KB's expense. He won't even be considered the most talented of his contemporaries.

Think that would depend on how you rate/define talent. I've always throught of KB as one of the most talented drivers I've seen in Nascar, but also the person who didn't maximize his talents(mostly due to being a hot head). :dunno:

Think that would depend on how you rate/define talent. I've always throught of KB as one of the most talented drivers I've seen in Nascar, but also the person who didn't maximize his talents(mostly due to being a hot head). :dunno:

He's talented no doubt. Do you think he's more talented than JJ?

I do. I think JJ really benefited from 1) having the biggest team and best motors his entire career, and 2) being mentored by JG.

While Kyle has basically made the Toyota team what is. I think Gibbs switched from GM to Toyota the same year they signed Busch?

I do. I think JJ really benefited from 1) having the biggest team and best motors his entire career, and 2) being mentored by JG.

While Kyle has basically made the Toyota team what is. I think Gibbs switched from GM to Toyota the same year they signed Busch?

What? KB has been with a major team pretty much his entire career. I don't see how JJ benefited from his team at all.

And the scoring system changes...

How is this? KB has had the same scoring as JJ his entire career, whether it was pre chase or duing the chase. yet somehow JJ has out championshiped KB by a bunch.

Jimmy Johnson is a football coach.

Jimmie Johnson is a NASCAR driver.

KB as far as putting down a fast lap is the best there is.

Johnson is the complete package.

KB = Brett Favre

Johnson = Brady

What? KB has been with a major team pretty much his entire career. I don't see how JJ benefited from his team at all.

My point is Toyota wasn't even building cup engines until 2007. Not whether or not Gibbs was a major team.

Kyle got his start in Nascar on Team Hendricks & was mentored by JG for 3 years.

Jimmy Johnson is a football coach.

Jimmie Johnson is a NASCAR driver.

KB as far as putting down a fast lap is the best there is.

Johnson is the complete package.

KB = Brett Favre

Johnson = Brady

I think 90's came up with the perfect analogy. KB does things in the car, saves and instinct that I haven't seen anybody else do...and he can do some head scratching things too. That goes hand-in-hand with years and years of immaturity, blaming crew chiefs, other drivers....JJ is as talented, but in different ways. He might not be able to do some of the extreme "Oh wow" moments, but he's just a better racecar driver than KB because he excels at every aspect needed to be great.

All-in-all, I'd probably take an in-his-prime Mario Andretti over either in equally prepared cars.

• Like 1

Danica is going to win the title this year. I just know it!!!!

has she posted any nudies yet?

How is this? KB has had the same scoring as JJ his entire career, whether it was pre chase or duing the chase. yet somehow JJ has out championshiped KB by a bunch.

I was talking more about Johnson's seven "titles"...

I was talking more about Johnson's seven "titles"...

This makes no sense. Every year JJ won the championship there were 40+ drivers playing by the same rules that didn't. There wasn't anything inherently bad about the old system. It wasn't unfair to anyone. It simply had different goals than the chase system. The old system rewarded consistent high performance throughout the entire year. The only problem with that is you often knew who the champion was before the final race, and sometimes drivers didn't push themselves in every race in pursuit of points. The current system, especially with the addition of stage racing, is designed to reward drivers for winning and being near the top of the field at multiple points throughout the race and not just at the end of the race. I like the current system better but it doesn't negate accomplishments achieved using the old system. Minimizing a driver winning 7 championships under either system is ridiculous.

The old system rewarded consistent high performance throughout the entire year. The only problem with that is you often knew who the champion was before the final race

So what was wrong with that? It makes much more sense to award consistency than just reward a person who wins at least one race a year...

So what was wrong with that? It makes much more sense to award consistency than just reward a person who wins at least one race a year...

Why the selective quoting? Specifically, why did you remove the following comments, which actually answer the question you just asked:

There wasn't anything inherently bad about the old system. It wasn't unfair to anyone.

As far as your comment about the old system being better, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But why don't we just award the NBA championship to the team with the most regular season wins? Why have playoffs in sports at all?

Chase Elliot?

As far as your comment about the old system being better, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But why don't we just award the NBA championship to the team with the most regular season wins? Why have playoffs in sports at all?

I am from the school if it isn't broke, don't fix it... There was nothing wrong with the old scoring system and chase addition is stupid to try to make it a playoff... I guess NASCAR tried everything under the sun to get Dale Jr. a championship, but just couldn't get it to work for him...

• Like 1

I am from the school if it isn't broke, don't fix it... There was nothing wrong with the old scoring system and chase addition is stupid to try to make it a playoff... I guess NASCAR tried everything under the sun to get Dale Jr. a championship, but just couldn't get it to work for him...

I'm with you the new system sucks. If you get "bored" and aren't entertained because the season is to long, then you never liked racing in the first place. Guys that love football will watch two 4-12 teams play and not care at all that there are no playoffs on the line. Brian France has been catering to the casual race fans who don't give a fock anyways and this is the end result.

NASCAR has been stupidly trying to keep up football and other sports but in the process has lost its soul. WWE of auto racing. I much prefer IMSA: