Sign in to follow this  
MDC

*** 2017 NBA draft lottery thread ***

I was talking with KSB earlier, and he doesn't understand why Chicago didn't accept Tristan Thompson and JR Smith for Butler. I didn't have a solid answer for him really. :dunno:

well here is the thing. the Wolves are kind of like a better version of the Sixers in terms of doing a quicker rebuild and arguably having the more desirable trio in Lavine/Wiggins/Towns.... largely because Wiggins and Towns (and Lavine prior to last year) have been able to stay on the court.

and like the sixers, they have not been a playoff team. So they probably didn't feel the need to offer much more themselves because Butler is not a guy who is going to put them over the hump to title contender. He's a guy who is going to put them into the playoffs. They had to part with Lavine but Butler >>> Lavine... From there, the hope is that their young core grows together and makes more noise.

obviously i have no idea what other offers were made for Butler but I would think some of the contending teams, lets say Cleveland for example, would have needed to send Love back to Chicago and maybe Chicago doesn't wan't Love if they are deciding to tear it all down.

a lot of the time money needs to work in a trade and you cant just throw up prospects and picks

I think the Wolves and Sixers will be a nice comparison for the next year or two. Built very similarly period both loaded with young Talent. But you said the one key thing, Embiid and Simmons have to prove that they are durable. Assuming both teams stay healthy, it will be interesting to see who is better next year and the year after

I was talking with KSB earlier, and he doesn't understand why Chicago didn't accept Tristan Thompson and JR Smith for Butler. I didn't have a solid answer for him really. :dunno:

If that offer wa actually on the table and Cleveland declined it the GM should be fired.

If that offer wa actually on the table and Cleveland declined it the GM should be fired.

Didn't they fire the GM right after the draft?

I think the Wolves and Sixers will be a nice comparison for the next year or two. Built very similarly period both loaded with young Talent. But you said the one key thing, Embiid and Simmons have to prove that they are durable. Assuming both teams stay healthy, it will be interesting to see who is better next year and the year after

Wolves are on another tier with Butler as a leader. 6ers gave all the talent in the world but no leader. Maybe Fultz or Simmons steps into the void. Those guys don't have any experience actually winning anything

Wolves are on another tier with Butler as a leader. 6ers gave all the talent in the world but no leader. Maybe Fultz or Simmons steps into the void. Those guys don't have any experience actually winning anything

correct. i wasnt comparing Minny and Philly post Butler trade. I was comparing them pre trade.

Seth Greenberg was on a lot of the NY area ESPN radio shows and he was really driving home the point that Philly is in year 5 of "the process" and Minny is doing a better job of it. His main question was would you rather have KAT, Wiggins and Lavine or Embiid, Simmons and Fultz, RIGHT NOW? The only argument anyone ever had for the Philly trio was that they could potentially be the better trio.

Post trade its not really a good comparison anymore

I think this move makes te Wolves better in the short term but they really need Wiggins to develop into something more than a chucker.

The Sixers go as Embiid goes this year. If he stays healthy for 50+ games I think they're a playoff team. If not they're probably in the 30-35 win range.

correct. i wasnt comparing Minny and Philly post Butler trade. I was comparing them pre trade.

Seth Greenberg was on a lot of the NY area ESPN radio shows and he was really driving home the point that Philly is in year 5 of "the process" and Minny is doing a better job of it. His main question was would you rather have KAT, Wiggins and Lavine or Embiid, Simmons and Fultz, RIGHT NOW? The only argument anyone ever had for the Philly trio was that they could potentially be the better trio.

Post trade its not really a good comparison anymore

I'd rather have KAT than Embiid but only due to health. I'd much rather have Simmons / Fultz than Wiggins / Lavine.

true. As much talent as the Sixers have now, they have zero experience. They are all kids.

This thread is so full of Fultz Fail

This thread is so full of Fultz Fail

He has been a bust so far. I had my concerns coming out of school and I am glad the Celtics traded that pick, got Tatum and then some. :thumbsup:

Fultz has been a massive bust no doubt. I care a lot less now that Butler is in Philly. Now we just need a bench.

Fultz has been a massive bust no doubt. I care a lot less now that Butler is in Philly. Now we just need a bench.

i dunno. sixers are my least favorite philly squad. and im no bball expert. but looks to me the whole process netted them embid. maybe i'm wrong...but isn't a requirement to play bball the ability to shoot? simmons will never be sh;t if he can't shoot. it's kind of embrassing....you can leave him wide open from 5ft out. fultz is a joke.

I care a lot less now that Butler is in Philly.

Give it a few months. His shtick will grow old real fast.