Sign in to follow this  
Showboat

John Brown - Cardinals

Can Brown become a legit #1WR? Looks like a small dude on the field, but seems to have some game in him and is actually listed as only 6 lbs lighter (and 2" taller) than Steve Smith Sr. (Also, Antonio Brown and T.Y. Hilton have similar size.)

Conventional thinking for next season was that Fitz would be a cap casualty, Floyd would be #1 and Brown would be #2. What are the chances that gets flipped and Brown becomes the #1 target for the Cards?

Could be am Antonio Brown type situation, so possible. But the Cardinals love Floyd and he continues to look good. Did you see that jaw-shaking block he threw to spring Fitz for an 80-yard td? Teams remember that stuff.

Can Brown become a legit #1WR? Looks like a small dude on the field, but seems to have some game in him and is actually listed as only 6 lbs lighter (and 2" taller) than Steve Smith Sr. (Also, Antonio Brown and T.Y. Hilton have similar size.)

Conventional thinking for next season was that Fitz would be a cap casualty, Floyd would be #1 and Brown would be #2. What are the chances that gets flipped and Brown becomes the #1 target for the Cards?

Could happen

"Trade wh0re Went All YOLO Here

Grabbing John Brown at pick 165 was, let's say, conceptually adventurous. Brown is owned on just a few rosters across all Yahoo! leagues." This is what yahoo had to say about him being my last pick. Turns out they have no focking clue what they are talking about.

He's been hot since camp. One league, I need boom or bust guys to get back in it, and someone waived him. I snagged him and am starting him this week.

Calvin Johnson in the first just killed me. Followed later by the likes of Moreno, Pitta and Streater.

I don't know about #1 WR, but he's definitely an exciting guy to have in dynasty. The coach and GM love him. I don't know that Fitz will really be gone next year--I could see him restructuring his deal to stay in Arizona--but the arrow points up either way.

If Fitz leaves and Brown starts playing 80-90% of snaps, he could be a DeSean/Hilton type pretty easily. If Fitz stays and Brown sticks as the 3rd WR, he remains a boom/bust player but one still worth monitoring.

He's going to do well in games where corners can get to Floyd or Fitz and the run isn't so easy. he's the fourth target behind Fitz, Floyd, and Ellington.

He's going to do well in games where corners can get to Floyd or Fitz and the run isn't so easy. he's the fourth target behind Fitz, Floyd, and Ellington.

Common misconception:

Fitz 30/49/443

Floyd 19/43/353

Ellington 28/43/274

Brown 22/43/316

Common misconception:

Fitz 30/49/443

Floyd 19/43/353

Ellington 28/43/274

Brown 22/43/316

Not sure why you are posting receptions. You do realize those aren't the same as targets, right? He has the same number of targets as floyd & ellington despite Brown having 10 in the last game. Fitz has the most.

And those 10 account for almost 1/4 of his targets all year!

Not sure why you are posting receptions. You do realize those aren't the same as targets, right? He has the same number of targets as floyd & ellington despite Brown having 10 in the last game. Fitz has the most.

And those 10 account for almost 1/4 of his targets all year!

Targets were posted unless you have trouble reading a stat line. The point of my post is that the targets are equal between the other 3 main targets behind Fitz. I don't care if it was last game or the first game he got 10, they are still equal YTD. The fact that a high volume of passes was thrown to him in the last game just tells me he is becoming more involved in the offense. I was responding to the post that stated he was the 4th man in targets. They are equal in targets which makes him tied for second on the team.

Regardless, this is a match-up based boom or bust receiving core that should be mostly avoided.

Targets were posted unless you have trouble reading a stat line. The point of my post is that the targets are equal between the other 3 main targets behind Fitz. I don't care if it was last game or the first game he got 10, they are still equal YTD. The fact that a high volume of passes was thrown to him in the last game just tells me he is becoming more involved in the offense. I was responding to the post that stated he was the 4th man in targets. They are equal in targets which makes him tied for second on the team.

Regardless, this is a match-up based boom or bust receiving core that should be mostly avoided.

Didn't see the targets, my bad.

However, I think the reason for the uptick last game was that Floyd was hurt early in the game.

Didn't see the targets, my bad.

However, I think the reason for the uptick last game was that Floyd was hurt early in the game.

:cheers:

No one should dispute that Brown will be a boom-or-bust option this season as the #3 WR in the Zona offense.

I'd like to get the discussion back to longer term potential. Does he have the skills to develop into a true #1 despite his size (ala Marvin Harrison or Steve Smith Sr.) or is he just a deep ball threat/gadget player?

I will say no, I don't think he'll ever be a top 12 WR on a consistent basis. History says that WRs of his size rarely ever make into the top 12, even though there were 2 last year I believe.

Also, just because a guy "reminds" a coach of Marvin Harrison, doesn't make him Marvin Harrison. Not to mention that no one is going to misplace Carson Palmer or Logan Thomas for Peyton Manning.

I'm not sure where the all the hype came from, other than the coach speak, but it has gotten WAY out of control.