Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Colt Lyerla vs. Brandon Bostick vs. Richard Rodgers

I know Quarless is penciled in as the starter, any GB homers have any insight as to who the "other guy" is gonna be?

Just when we think we know who it will be Finley will be magically cleared and we'll all be fockered. Unless one of those three runs away with the job in training camp...

Has no one been page attention or reading the news? They have already anointed Richard Rodgers as the next great TE. He just needs to make one good preseason play like Jeremy shockey and he will be the starter and garner te1 fantasy hype.

• Like 1

Ive heard they are very high on Rodgers as well... Im just not sure there are enough balls to go around in GB to have him make any signifignt impact?

Just when we think we know who it will be Finley will be magically cleared and we'll all be fockered. Unless one of those three runs away with the job in training camp...

I don't see Finley being cleared to play for GB. Just see them being too cautious with neck injuries as it is...not wanting to give him enough to make him want to not take that insurance money (Pitt apparently already gave him a low ball offer) Plus the Packers know they have some young talent there..

Quarless to me is not worth anyone's time FF wise. TE for GB may not be at all.

Bostick has to show something in camp early on as he has missed time with the injuries. They like him, but he has not proven a thing at all.

If Colt can stay healthy, he is like the most talented one out there.

But all the press has been about Rodgers so far.

To say don't draft a Packers TE may be right...just a not sure there are enough balls to go around. Rodgers might be the closest they have to a true redzone threat though.

But with Nelson, Cobb, Adams, and Boykin right now at WR...getting balls to a TE all that much is going to be tough when they are subbing several guys in and out.

• Like 1

There's something about Lyerla that screams "Aaron Hernandez!" Just not sure it's the talent. We'll see. Heck of a college player.

Apparently Bostick has looked pretty good in camp.

I think he and Rodgers are the guys and you hope one of them will get hot if you have deep enough rosters to stash one of them.

I just don't know if consistency will be there early on.

As I noted in the other thread on the topic, I (a pretty knowledgabe homer) personally feel Rodgers is the guy to have here.

And btw, if you are one of those dudes think Colt Lyerla will come up and burst onto the scene (I saw him taken in the second round of a rookie draft), forget it. He was 7th on the depth chart coming into tonight's practice. During tonight's family night practice, in which they don't really tackle, he caught a ball and tried to jump over a dude. He got hit on the knee and was carted off. They cut to a replay of MM shaking his head and mouthing something to the effect of "WTF?"

:doh:

As I noted in the other thread on the topic, I (a pretty knowledgabe homer) personally feel Rodgers is the guy to have here.

And btw, if you are one of those dudes think Colt Lyerla will come up and burst onto the scene (I saw him taken in the second round of a rookie draft), forget it. He was 7th on the depth chart coming into tonight's practice. During tonight's family night practice, in which they don't really tackle, he caught a ball and tried to jump over a dude. He got hit on the knee and was carted off. They cut to a replay of MM shaking his head and mouthing something to the effect of "WTF?"

:doh:

Talented kid...but between the personal problems and the time off...has done nothing.