Sign in to follow this  
jersey

PPR 5th pick? What to do after top 4 RBs are gone?

5th pick is an interesting one this year. After Charles, McCoy, AP & Forte are gone the draft gets very interesting.

1. Do you go Megatron? Super dominant & consistent, but your RB1 will be rough.
  2. Do you go Manning? Again… Super dominant & consistent, but your RB1 will be rough.
  3. Or do you go for one of the tier 2 RBs? Lacy, Lynch, Ball, Murray, Bell? All have major concerns or lack the upside of a being such a high pick.

Why so?

I like C Johnson . But i like M Ball higher then most so i like him also

What size is the league? 10 and under, I'll take Calvin and trust in getting a solid RB in the 2nd. 12+, I'm going with Lacy.

I'd probably grab Bell, just because I'd figure I could still get a good ppr receiver on the back side. Bell should have 80-100 catches.

You cant go wrong with calvin or graham. I say draft a proven stud and gamble a little more in the second. Bell, ball, murray could conceivably fall to you in the second.

You cant go wrong with calvin or graham. I say draft a proven stud and gamble a little more in the second. Bell, ball, murray could conceivably fall to you in the second.

Um not in my league dude.

Not one of those backs is falling to the second? I got Ball in the second of a 12 team ppr draft at 2.04. Bell went the pick after. Murray was the first pick in the second. If youre saying every drafts a rb no matter what in the first then thats more unique, especially for ppr.

There are only so many people in a league so someone has to fall to the second round.

Not one of those backs is falling to the second? I got Ball in the second of a 12 team ppr draft at 2.04. Bell went the pick after. Murray was the first pick in the second. If youre saying every drafts a rb no matter what in the first then thats more unique, especially for ppr.

There are only so many people in a league so someone has to fall to the second round.

No what I'm saying is none of them will fall back to the guy who picks at 1.05 in my 12-man PPR league.

No what I'm saying is none of them will fall back to the guy who picks at 1.05 in my 12-man PPR league.

Ahh ok. Its possible. But yeah banking on it is tough. I still think you cant go wrong taking a proven stud in graham or johnson.

This/

I just held my main league big money meeting where we vote on BS and draw draft positions that has been around for close to 20 years. 12 team redraft half point per reception and QB gets 6 a TD. I have no clue who to take as of today.

Five and six spot are the worst position in a twelve teamer. Third is the best in my opinion.

This/

I just held my main league big money meeting where we vote on BS and draw draft positions that has been around for close to 20 years. 12 team redraft half point per reception and QB gets 6 a TD. I have no clue who to take as of today.

Five and six spot are the worst position in a twelve teamer. Third is the best in my opinion.

I agree that 5 isnt ideal. I would rather have 8-11 personally. If forte, lacy, ap, charles are all gone it should be graham or calvin imo. Dont start reaching for rbs that early. Take the stud and then hope a top 5 wr or upside rb in the second.

Usually one of those rbs falls to the fifth spot though.

I agree that 5 isnt ideal. I would rather have 8-11 personally. If forte, lacy, ap, charles are all gone it should be graham or calvin imo. Dont start reaching for rbs that early. Take the stud and then hope a top 5 wr or upside rb in the second.

Usually one of those rbs falls to the fifth spot though.

Not in my league. Hard core league. Last year we had nine teams in it till the end of the FF season before the playoffs. I got the sixth playoff spit by one point. Brutal league.

I'm thinking QB early. But look at my team in the MFFL! Fawking sucks!

There are qbs to be had later. One of the top 5 rbs will be available, and its probably lacy. You dont like lacy? I think he becomes a horse this year. You can plug him and forget about your rb1 spot while still getting a solid qb later.

Yeah your team isnt the best in that league. You never know though. If sankey can be dependable you have graham and rogers, thats 2 players at the top of their position. You do need receiver help. Nothing a little ww action cant fix.

I agree with others. I think Top-6 is where you want to be this year. Shady, Charles, Forte, ADP, Lacy and Ball are "all good" IMHO.