Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

What age were you done being uncomfortable?

Okay... I'll say it'm not a huge fan of camping.

In fact I sorta focking despise it. The reason? I hate feeling filthy after a long day of sweating outside focking around fishing, hiking, etc... then sitting getting smokey at a campfire.

Then going into a tent to lay in my own filth and sweat all night sleeping like sh!t.

I found I could tolerate it earlier in life... now fock that. Everyone else rough it... I enjoy all those activities.. I'm gonna shell the bread out to go shower, sleep at a hotel in a clean bed with some motherfocking AC.

Hey... I'll be out at 7am to ring you fockers coffee and bagels. We'll fockk off all day again... just realize... I don't sleep here.

I'd say my cut off age for uncomfort was 40.

• Like 1

Doesnt bother me too much. Grew up in the country and live there now. Love to fish and use to hunt a decent amount. I spend a good amount of time outside. Out of college I did landscaping and would be completely covered in dirt after a days work. Im also surrounded by farmers so getting dirty is pretty normal around here.

Doesnt bother me too much. Grew up in the country and live there now. Love to fish and use to hunt a decent amount. I spend a good amount of time outside. Out of college I did landscaping and would be completely covered in dirt after a days work. Im also surrounded by farmers so getting dirty is pretty normal around here.

I grew up in ND & MT... hunting, fishing, farm work, wrestling calves, bucking bales, cleaning corrals, etc...

So... I am very familiar with working, playing hard... I still enjoy much of that but at some point... fock that... I'm goin home to sh!t, shower, and shave... AC.. netflix.. etc.

Youre doing it wrong. You arent camping at the places that have the bathroom and showers. Also, why not just get a camper, RV, or something like that to stay in? I know I would and plan on getting something like that to stay in when I go traveling. Would love to be able to pull up lakeside in Montana in like a RV and stay right there

I remember tent camping once with my ex before we married and we ended up in Brimley, in the UP. Popped up our tent and set up camp. Cracked a beer and sat there thinking it doesn't get much better than this. A few minutes later a focking Class A motor home backs into the very next lot. Hydraulic leveling jacks come down, slide outs pop out. I never felt so broke in my life.

I haven't camped in years but were I to do it now I would at least require AC unless the weather was cool. I cannot sleep when I'm hot. I don't know what age but if someone asked me now to go tent camping I'd pass.

Cant sleep when Im filthy and sweaty.

When camping, I have to shower at the end of the night. We have an outdoor shower thats does the job.

Prior to that, I took hooker showers when needed

I grew up in ND & MT... hunting, fishing, farm work, wrestling calves, bucking bales, cleaning corrals, etc...

So... I am very familiar with working, playing hard... I still enjoy much of that but at some point... fock that... I'm goin home to sh!t, shower, and shave... AC.. netflix.. etc.

Oh yeah, Im can understand that. I still love going back home to shower and sleep in my bed. I use to camp a lot but that stuff is similar to me visiting a big city, its fun but Id never want to stay there. Nothing better than home sweet home.

Cant sleep when Im filthy and sweaty.

When camping, I have to shower at the end of the night. We have an outdoor shower thats does the job.

Prior to that, I took hooker showers when needed

Youre not drinking enough then.

My a/c went out Thursday. I could not fall asleep even in the basement (an unfinished basement). I tried though. At 1:30 am I could not sleep and had a headache. Called my parents and went to their house in another town. Got there in 30 minutes flat. I hate camping in a tent, done it twice in my life. Sucked. Anyway, my gf, who I just broke up with again today (for like the 50th time, a whole other story) told me I was a baby for not toughing it out at my house that night. Well I wanted to make sure I got some sleep so I could work the next day which I did. Everyone I talked to at work said they would have done the same thing. It was the hottest night of the year, 84 degree LOW temperature that night.

I think discomfort and suffering are important. That being said, I suffer on my own terms, usually during outdoor activity. And I'm less willing to push myself as I get older. I don't really care about a comfy bed, luxury car etc. Showers are nice though.

My a/c went out Thursday. I could not fall asleep even in the basement (an unfinished basement). I tried though. At 1:30 am I could not sleep and had a headache. Called my parents and went to their house in another town. Got there in 30 minutes flat. I hate camping in a tent, done it twice in my life. Sucked. Anyway, my gf, who I just broke up with again today (for like the 50th time, a whole other story) told me I was a baby for not toughing it out at my house that night. Well I wanted to make sure I got some sleep so I could work the next day which I did. Everyone I talked to at work said they would have done the same thing. It was the hottest night of the year, 84 degree LOW temperature that night.

Have any fans in the house? A fan blowing directly on me while sleeping in my boxers with no covers on and Im good. No breeze and its a no go then.

Have any fans in the house? A fan blowing directly on me while sleeping in my boxers with no covers on and Im good. No breeze and its a no go then.

Yes a ceiling fan and a large floor fan blowing directly on me, still too hot. I should have tried the fan in the basement but it's a concrete floor. Could have dragged a mattress down there, I tried a blanket, still too hot.

Technology has made us a bunch of poosays.

It sure has. When I hear people bich about being hot or cold, I remind them that we have it really focking good.

• Like 1

Not a fan of camping more from waking and my back hurting.

The 3 days we were at my step moms cottage last week were awful for sleep with no ac. Go to bed sweating and wake up cold one day. And thats with the ability to be in the lake a lot and shower.

Camping with my sons Boy Scouts isnt for me either. Thankful he is at the point he wants to be there with the older kids and not have mom or Dad always there.

I like camping. Havent been in years and years though. Think the last time was... 2004?

We sorta went camping on our jungle trek in Thailand. We slept in some sort of wooden structure that i suppose could loosely be called a cabin. Slept on a wood floor with mosquito nets. They had a refrigerator full of beer though and the guide guy smoked us out on shrooms, so that was fun.

Ive been camping. It was fun when I was young. But nowadays Im sure we can all agree that its much better to have an RV with AC, a bed, a toilet, and a shower.

Ive been camping. It was fun when I was young. But nowadays Im sure we can all agree that its much better to have an RV with AC, a bed, a toilet, and a shower.

It depends. Im not going camping in the very hot or very cold. If its pleasant spring or fall weather, sure, Ill go. One night, two max.

I mean, Im gonna be drunk and stoned the whole time anyway, so comfort is not a huge issue.

I'm with mmm... that I love everything about camping except camping. Hiking, campfires, lakes, etc. But I want to sleep in a bed. Shower isn't as key, so I agree with digby that an RV is a good compromise.

I'm with mmm... that I love everything about camping except camping. Hiking, campfires, lakes, etc. But I want to sleep in a bed. Shower isn't as key, so I agree with digby that an RV is a good compromise.

This may already exist, but if not, it should.

You know some people bring air mattresses for their tent?

How bout a tent where the bottom of the tent IS an air mattress? Make the bottom Kevlar or something so it wont puncture.

Bonus, it would float, so it would be a good place to chill at the lake.

Have you seen those mini houses on wheels? Those are focking nice and would be perfect to take around the country. This is just an example but they have all kinds of mini houses on wheels. Some more elegant. Some less elegant. Not sure if Id rather have something like this to pull behind my truck (probably be easier to drive than a RV) or a RV

https://goo.gl/images/RxkBHc

The day I drove off Camp Lejeune. Or so I thought.

Speaking of camping. F that. Now you need reservations to go camping? And you have people all around you? It's like living in a really shity apartment with thinner walls.

While we're on the subject? Do you guys realize it cost like $60 in fees to drive up Pikes Peak? I mean, your own car, your own gas, your own driving. $60. I don't know why. I mean, I'm pretty sure taxes pay for that road already. I literally don't have the slightest idea what that $60 is for.

Just another reason this place sucks.

Speaking of camping. F that. Now you need reservations to go camping? And you have people all around you? It's like living in a really shity apartment with thinner walls.

While we're on the subject? Do you guys realize it cost like $60 in fees to drive up Pikes Peak? I mean, your own car, your own gas, your own driving. $60. I don't know why. I mean, I'm pretty sure taxes pay for that ###### road already. I literally don't have the slightest idea what that $60 is for.

Just another reason this place sucks.

Fees usually apply at the most crowded areas, which kinda defeats the purpose of camping anyway. There are 52 other 14K peaks in CO, and almost all are free to climb. I suggest you try Long's Peak via the Diamond. :thumbsup:

I feel we shouid leave what's left of nature to the animals. Only go in the woods for hunting. Drink somewhere else.

The day I drove off Camp Lejeune. Or so I thought.

Jacksonville, NC

So sorry. :(

I used to go camping for 3-4 days at a time with no bed or access to showers. That was 20+ years ago though. My son is really into the idea of camping and I will take him in the next few years. One night though.

Have you seen those mini houses on wheels? Those are focking nice and would be perfect to take around the country. This is just an example but they have all kinds of mini houses on wheels. Some more elegant. Some less elegant. Not sure if Id rather have something like this to pull behind my truck (probably be easier to drive than a RV) or a RV

https://goo.gl/images/RxkBHc

Haven't seen those. My uncle used to be a caravan leader for Winnebago, every year the company would give him their sweetest new ride to use to showcase to the other drivers who would join them on road trips to try to get them to upgrade. :thumbsup:

Haven't seen those. My uncle used to be a caravan leader for Winnebago, every year the company would give him their sweetest new ride to use to showcase to the other drivers who would join them on road trips to try to get them to upgrade. :thumbsup:

Thats a pretty sweet gig. Kind of like those people that get paid to go stay at resorts in exotic locations to review the resort.

I still enjoy it in small doses. we try to go once or twice over the summer for 2-4 nights. usually near a lake, river, or beach. the biggest deterrent though is crowds. less tranquil than it was 20 years ago.

^Last weekend I did a day hike to Lake Aloha from the Echo Summit area. Start off at Echo Lakes and go by or near a couple other lakes on the way. It was incredibly tranquil. There were people but more than enough space for everyone to have their own big area.

• Like 1