Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Are you getting more grumpy as you get older?

I'm "only" 50 but I seem to be more and more irritated at little things. Wife even called me out on it. You name it. Traffic, TV Commercials, Brady back in another focking superbowl.........

Do you feel yourself becoming the "get off my lawn" proverbial old man?

• Like 1

Yes. At the rate I'm going, I will likely hate everyone and everything in the next 10 years.

Same thing I was thinking..I'm 50 and am beginning to hate everything and everyone, can't even imagine what I will be like at 70...

Yes. I just can't stand people. Generally, pretty much everyone gets on my nerves.

I'm like that at work basically. Me and a co-worker were just discussing that. I like my job, I just despise pretty much everyone in this place.

I'm "only" 50 but I seem to be more and more irritated at little things. Wife even called me out on it. You name it. Traffic, TV Commercials, Brady back in another focking superbowl.........

#metoo

Yep.

Seriously hate the whooping and screeching that women do on TV shows. Like late night TV. Like every 90 seconds it's EEEEEEE!!

Like their long-lost child has been returned to them.

However, I thought a lot about it, I thought it was age, but that was one of the reasons I couldn't stand watching shows like Saved by the Bell when I was a kid. Just STFUP. But at least back then, you could assume the audience was mostly teenage girls. If you lose your squeal like a dolphin in a wood chipper because James Corden said they've got a great show tonight? Shut the fuk up.

Haven't noticed that prior Decades of American shows aren't that bad. And British shows to this day clearly aren't that bad. Even British hosts who come over 2 be a guest star on our late night shows get visibly annoyed at the constant squealing.

I remember John Oliver turning, looking at the crowd and telling them directly, "this isn't wrestling."

43, yes, hate pretty much everybody. I don't want to meet new people, I have enough friends. I have a very tight knit group of friends of about 15 or so, we have been extremely close since high school. Very lucky in that department.

I don't want to be bothered and I don't want to be around a lot of people. I love empty golf courses, empty gyms, and empty bars. My idea of a good time is hanging at mine or a friends house and garage drinking. I've pretty much been this way since I turned 30 though.

I start every topic with "back in my day". And end every sentence with a "dumbass".

So, YEP!

Yes - especially with the young. I know we were knuckleheads back in my teens too......... But we had respect for people and things - these kids today couldn't give a fock about anything but themselves.

Just did it again when Joy Behar popped up on my screen at the beginning of The View. "GET THE FOCK OFF MY SCREEN YOU DAFT BIATCH!"...wife starts laughing...

#metoo

When I was 6 years old, I was given the nickname "Grouch", so I think it would take quite a bit of work for me to get grumpier.

• Like 1

I prefer to think of it as "Crotchety" :thumbsup:

Just did it again when Joy Behar popped up on my screen at the beginning of The View. "GET THE FOCK OFF MY SCREEN YOU DAFT BIATCH!"...wife starts laughing...

#metoo

I just went on a rant calling Matt Lauer's wife a for kicking him out of the Hamptons Mansion. He sucks, but what right does she have for the high life?

I'm 47...hoping I move off the grid before I lose it.

• Like 2

Uh, no. Not really. Of course I don't have to actually deal with or confront any PC bullsh*t, I just read about it in horror.

Im probably actually mellowing out a bit overall. But Im not as old as most of you focks. Also I started out grumpy so maybe Im doing a Benjamin button type thing here

Yes.

The more I learn about sh1t, the more I hate people for it.

Yesterday at a buddies watching the game. Some dude, about 6 years younger than me.

Would not shut the fock up about conspiracies. Sports, politics, life. you name it. Fock. shut up!

When I grew up the world was hard and coming home was soft (not on report card days though)

Now the world is soft and I'm going to have to be a hard ass to my kids to undo all the BS they are going to be subjected to. And I really don't want to be one. So yeah, the universe is pissing me off. Can't wait to deal with cell phones.

When I grew up the world was hard and coming home was soft (not on report card days though)

Now the world is soft and I'm going to have to be a hard ass to my kids to undo all the BS they are going to be subjected to. And I really don't want to be one. So yeah, the universe is pissing me off. Can't wait to deal with cell phones.

My son's pre-school sent a report him sometime last year.; Said mostly nice things, but did say he was behind the other kids when it comes to knowing his letters.

He only goes to daycare twice a week and most of the kids go 5.

I completely appreciated their honesty.

My son's pre-school sent a report him sometime last year.; Said mostly nice things, but did say he was behind the other kids when it comes to knowing his letters.

He only goes to daycare twice a week and most of the kids go 5.

I completely appreciated their honesty.

See. Thanks kinda shite makes me want to snap a neck.

oh yeah. i have much less patience/tolerance for stupidity and selfishness.

Yes. At the rate I'm going, I will likely hate everyone and everything in the next 10 years.

Has nothing to do with getting old. It has everything to do with the fact that people are just fuckin stupid now.

Take the NFL coaching ranks for instance. There's Belicheck. Then there's S. Payton. That's it. The rest of the experienced guys are simply ham and eggers. I think Doug Pederson is the next great HC. I think McVay may be a good one as well.

Shanahan - stupid, blew the SB.

Carroll - stupid, blew the SB.

Maroon - stupid, went into a shell and blew it vs Brady.

Tomlin. Has never learned that a zone D is a recipe for a loss vs Brady.

Those are just the games against the Pats. These guys are stupid weekly.

Harbug in BALT. Repeatedly brings out the deep sideline pass on 3rd & 2. Flacco usually throws it out of bounds. Always a punt on the next play. A low % play to begin with and you have Flacco, making it even lower.

Recycled losers continue to get hired after failing everywhere they go. Thus upper mgmt. on these teams are stupid.

Theses guys are just stupid and don't learn.

And WTF is up with a 4 way stop and these idiots waiting until I come to a complete stop before they go? I could be 50 yards from the stop sign and they will wait until I totally stop before they go.

I am for sure. I also have changed my political party as I got older and grew up. When I was a kid I was a stupid liberal. I look back and laugh at the bullshit I said. Now I know better. Liberalisim is a disease.

• Like 1

haha.......no doubt, can you tell?

I am for sure. I also have changed my political party as I got older and grew up. When I was a kid I was a stupid liberal. I look back and laugh at the bullshit I said. Now I know better. Liberalisim is a disease.

I was the same way. I used to be a Republican, and then I realized that I wasn't a selfish asswipe. So I switched to being a Democrat.