Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

my new job

I could literally not have went from a shittier work culture to a better one if I tried. They are so nice its hard to believe.like real,genuine nice. They allow their kids in the office. Pay for my medical benifits fully,paid lunch,they laugh a lot and just really enjoy their jobs it seems.

What job is this? And I assume they don't do drug testing? ;)

a business development manager. Better pay, nicer people and I told the old boss off before I left. Feels good being around a culture of positivity.

Give it a year and you'll hate this one just as much. :wave:

Congrats. :cheers:

It must feel good to leave those losers far behind.

You deserve this. :cheers:

ty very much. It feels so good its almost too much of a swing to handle. Like I need to wade into the niceness before I swim in it lol.im in culture shock.

Give it a year and you'll hate this one just as much. :wave:

Congrats. :cheers:

actually this is the only company in all my job history that I came back to. I worked here around 12 years ago and loved it then. Me and half the company got laid off when the IT burst.

Hope it keeps you from posting here :wave:

That would be a good thing for you !!!!!!!

Any li'l cuties there like at your old place? :wub:

Not like the one I worked with at the last place. she was better than cute. she was a real person who was beautiful but she pretended not to notice.ahhhhh if i were only single, young and a douchbag like she liked it would have been on.lol

The owner of the company came in today and personally expressed his joy at having me back on board. Man I love this place

The owner of the company came in today and personally expressed his joy at having me back on board. Man I love this place

:thumbsup:

actually this is the only company in all my job history that I came back to. I worked here around 12 years ago and loved it then. Me and half the company got laid off when the IT burst.

Interesting. Same happened to me when I was working for an HR Consulting firm in NYC. They were primarily a recruiting company that had branched out into assessments, surveys, outsourced staffing solutions, etc.

IPO was announced, First Boston was the underwriter, CEO gearing up to acquire more regional companies of their type, then poof.

Left with nothing but a severance package and worthless stock options.

Those that were able to survive eventually did ok when the CO was bought by IBM.

Congrats on moving up to the fryolator. Assistant Manager training can't be far away!

Anybody else hoping this was going to be about how much the job sucks and how he was looking for a new one?

Anybody else hoping this was going to be about how much the job sucks and how he was looking for a new one?

No you're mean :nono:

It's early.

thanks everyone. I feel like a new person. My last job was a soul sucking ordeal every day. This one is just so much nicer. the job, the people. Literally the only problem I have is adjusting to days. I spent the last 2 years working 11pm to 7am or 5pm to 1am. I never got up before 11am when working till 1 and 3pm while working till 7. Fock it though.

thanks everyone. I feel like a new person. My last job was a soul sucking ordeal every day. This one is just so much nicer. the job, the people. Literally the only problem I have is adjusting to days. I spent the last 2 years working 11pm to 7am or 5pm to 1am. I never got up before 11am when working till 1 and 3pm while working till 7. Fock it though.

Adjusting to days after working nights can be hard. I've had to do it many times, and my advice to you is go to bed around the same time every night and even on weekends get up around the same time work is. Don't nap when you get home. When you get adjusted you can start sleeping in on days off. Best of luck. Seriously, don't nap or lay around when you get home.

Just an update. I got fired

Just kidding. I love working for this place. Insurance is 40 bucks cheaper for the same bcbs. I have already justified my salary by bringing in 3 jobs to fill that will clear more than I cost when it's said and done. Plus I have a meeting set up Monday with the hr manager at a massive company. One that could literally bring in the 350 to 500k range if we managed to get them. Ohhhh and did I mention I'm happy?

Like I roll out of bed in the motherfocking AM with a bounce in my step.

Damn you got me with the fired joke. I felt bad for you for a second. Then I got over it.

:wave:

It's still pretty amazing how skin-of-your-ass close you were to getting fired at the old job before landing this one. No firing or quitting to explain, instead a seamless transition.

It's still pretty amazing how skin-of-your-ass close you were to getting fired at the old job before landing this one. No firing or quitting to explain, instead a seamless transition.

it literally could not work out better. More money. Less stress.

it literally could not work out better. More money. Less stress.

That would make a terrible rap song.

That would make a terrible rap song.

Or old school country.