Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

2016 Brazil Summer Olympics Thread

Fun fact: Brazil was the leading recipient of African Slaves.

...And look how great they're doing now!

Why isn't anyone protesting them? eh??

Why isn't anyone protesting them? eh??

Well, African Brazillians are taught from an early age not to run from cops or to try and fight them.

Should be a pretty moving, momentous event coming up here real soon;

The parade of refugees.

Never before in the history of the games has such a thing occurred

Should tell you how Effed Up this world is right now.

We haven't seen displaced people of such magnitude since WW2,

It's funny. Just like in America, here you are introduced to some athletes you never saw before. Except here they are Chinese of course.

There is a Chinese swimmer that is from the city I live in. All the girls are moist over him. Posting his picture everywhere. No homo, but he's a pretty good looking dude.

I hope lochte and the boys kick his ass good. I'm hoping to talk a lot of sh!t through these games.

Thought the opening ceremonies were pretty good. Really enjoyed the contrast between the standing ovation the refugees got versus the the size and respect and almost awe everyone was in when the Americans came in 500+ strong.

Pretty amazing some of these guys even make it from some of these places. War-torn or completely broke. Pretty awesome to see.

Liechtenstein has a population of 38K and managed to send 3 athletes. My little "urban village" within Phoenix is twice the size. Also, how do you run a country (and state and county and city functions) when your total national population is 38K? Do they all work for the gubment, except 3?

Thought the opening ceremonies were pretty good. Really enjoyed the contrast between the standing ovation the refugees got versus the the size and respect and almost awe everyone was in when the Americans came in 500+ strong.

Pretty amazing some of these guys even make it from some of these places. War-torn or completely broke. Pretty awesome to see.

Agreed. Have to admit to getting a little misty-eyed thinking about that.

Would be cool for the Dream Team to put them up on their cruise ship.

The Polish chicks are surprisingly cute. :wub:

A lot of Eastern European countries have hot chicks, but balding, butt-ugly guys. The women must all breed with foreigners.

I'm looking forward to this years games. There is literally nothing on television my family can watch together. It's all reality tv trash or shootem up shows and the news is not an option as all that is is Trump this, racism that, garbage.

We all can sit down and root for USA in swimming and track and diving and gymnastics. I'm stoked. Sports are awesome.

I'm looking forward to this years games. There is literally nothing on television my family can watch together. It's all reality tv trash or shootem up shows and the news is not an option as all that is is Trump this, racism that, garbage.

We all can sit down and root for USA in swimming and track and diving and gymnastics. I'm stoked. Sports are awesome.

Yep, I love the olympics for similar reasons. Sure I'll watch the big events, but I love the obscure ones even more. I love the idea that these people have dedicated their lives to be the best in the world in this obscure sport. :thumbsup:

Also cool that we can watch live. I hate the produced 2-hour edited recaps.

Agreed. Have to admit to getting a little misty-eyed thinking about that.

Would be cool for the Dream Team to put them up on their cruise ship.

Yeah no kidding.

American girl won a gold in shooting. Only been doing it 5 years.

Turned to my wife and said "I wonder how many people would be the greatest in the world at anything in just a few years...if they had just been exposed to it".

Crazy

Yeah no kidding.

American girl won a gold in shooting. Only been doing it 5 years.

Turned to my wife and said "I wonder how many people would be the greatest in the world at anything in just a few years...if they had just been exposed to it".

Crazy

Interesting. Your wife told me I was the greatest and I'd only been at it about 10 minutes.

Interesting. Your wife told me I was the greatest and I'd only been at it about 10 minutes.

You sonofabitch. :)

Jesus why'd you give her ten minutes? Christ who has time for that in this economy.

That dude announcing with Al Michaels is either nervous as all fock or has Parkinsons.

Dan patrick?

Good Christ, if you didn't just watch the Brazilian women's volleyball team play you missed out :wub:

Yeah, is he sick or something?

Oh really? Man..ill have to go look...pretty shaky again? Seen him on his show do it. Bad deal.

Fun fact: Brazil was the leading recipient of African Slaves.

...And look how great they're doing now!

with the operative word being "slave" not african

i love watching all the different countries march in.

i love seeing the variety of all the people in the world, different but yet beautiful.

the camera men did a terrible job of scanning the people properly.

sometimes there would be unique person and they wouldn't close up on them, instead showing a kid carrying a plant.

it's interesting how white folks complain so much about foreigners but manage to go and live in every black, brown and yellow country on the planet.

did anyone even see the dancers at the end? i barely saw anyone, but some overweight dancers on the stage. weird.

Watching women's soccer -- Sweden vs. Brazil. I'm rooting for...

nudity. :banana:

Obama has to bring up how proud he is because of how diverse the U.S. Team is. I'm rooting for England now. They are way ahead of us and will rid themselves of the savages soon. Maybe Australia

There is some serious big girl hot on ours and P. Rico's volleyball teams. :wub:

Obama has to bring up how proud he is because of how diverse the U.S. Team is. I'm rooting for England now. They are way ahead of us and will rid themselves of the savages soon. Maybe Australia

Good Gwd man - get a grip. Or at least keep it in the political threads - you're losing the mental battle.

Anyone know the scheduling of events?

Walsh is playing sand volleyball LIVE...but isnt it past midnight in Rio?

Thats crazy if so

I find myself rooting against China in every event.

I'm glad that cheating swimmer who's always starting sh!t got beat.

This Kerri Walsh-Jennings chick is unstoppable at the net.

This Kerry Walsh-Jennings chick is unstoppable at the net.

Her almost thong should be the required uniform for every player.

the Olympics is still a thing?

The DVR makes the olympics so much better to watch. I tune in about an hour and a half after the coverage has started and fast forward through the sports I hate, preliminary races and commercials. I do love the olympics though. Especially swimming and track and field. Looking forward to seeing Bolt run for the last time. The guy has been amazing at the last 2 olympics. I'd much rather have them focus on some of the lesser sports and interview unknown athletes than talk to the NBA guys. Talk to the rower and the Greco Roman wrestler who have to work an outside job instead of an NBA player who is trying to make himself more marketable so he can make an extra million he doesn't need.

The DVR makes the olympics so much better to watch. I tune in about an hour and a half after the coverage has started and fast forward through the sports I hate, preliminary races and commercials. I do love the olympics though. Especially swimming and track and field. Looking forward to seeing Bolt run for the last time. The guy has been amazing at the last 2 olympics. I'd much rather have them focus on some of the lesser sports and interview unknown athletes than talk to the NBA guys. Talk to the rower and the Greco Roman wrestler who have to work an outside job instead of an NBA player who is trying to make himself more marketable so he can make an extra million he doesn't need.

Or you could just watch in primetime when they have all the big name stuff scheduled.

Or you could just watch in primetime when they have all the big name stuff scheduled.

Even prime time last night had coverage of some preliminary qualifying men's gymnastics.

I tuned in for the table tennis yesterday and the USA was represented by a chink. Wow. I miss the good ole days when we were represented by Forrest Gump.

I tuned in for the table tennis yesterday and the USA was represented by a chink. Wow. I miss the good ole days when we were represented by Forrest Gump.

Named Lilly. I enjoyed that.

Other countries have to go "oh focking come on"

Right. Talk about stereotypes. Good thing there is no synchronized suicide bombing competition. We all know who we would be trotting out. .

I watched a USA vs. Spain men's match where both athletes were of Chinese ethnicity. I was thinking... do the Chinese folks who aren't good enough to make the Chinese team go find other countries to play for? I think some US people do that in other sports.

Spanish dood was 54 too (and won), pretty damn impressive.

Was cool watching that and archery.

• Like 1