Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Longtime FFToday Guys: IBL Opportunity

When I say longtime, I don't necessarily mean forever and ever, but we are looking for 3 experienced guys who frequent this board to be a part of the Interboard League with us this season. It is a very fun, but very involved league in which the team from FFToday competes with 8 other fantasy football boards/websites for a championship. If you are interested, please reply in this thread or shoot me a personal message. We had three guys that needed to bow out this season...normally, there is little to no turnover, so help is needed!!

User "Fumbleweed" cannot accept any new messages.

:lock:

Quick overview for those that don't know:

Last year there were 8 boards, 96 total teams. 8 copies of each player. Only restriction is that you can't own 2 copies of the same player.

8 separate drafts. 3 start, then 3 begin a week after, then the final 2 a week after that. Each draft takes about 2 weeks. You can trade out of your draft into any of the others. It's not unheard of for a team to end up having a pick in every draft.

1 PPR, starting line up is 1 QB/1 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex (maximum of 2 RBs, 2 TEs)/1 K/1 D/ST.

During the drafts requires a good commitment to stay in contact with your team, but during the season there's no more time needed than any other league.

Fresh meat

User "Fumbleweed" cannot accept any new messages.

:lock:

Fixed

Last year there were 8 boards, 96 total teams. 8 copies of each player. Only restriction is that you can't own 2 copies of the same player.

8 separate drafts. 3 start, then 3 begin a week after, then the final 2 a week after that. Each draft takes about 2 weeks. You can trade out of your draft into any of the others. It's not unheard of for a team to end up having a pick in every draft.

1 PPR, starting line up is 1 QB/1 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex (maximum of 2 RBs, 2 TEs)/1 K/1 D/ST.

During the drafts requires a good commitment to stay in contact with your team, but during the season there's no more time needed than any other league.

You could start 3 RBs last year... just saying. I hope people don't figure that out and keep drafting WRs way early. :cheers:

Also Voltaire expressed interest. He was one of the founders of IBL but hasn't done it in a while. We convinced him to join our FFLW remnant team but somehow we are full. I pointed him to TheHuddle who also needs people but he may have more interest playing for you guys.

You could start 3 RBs last year... just saying. I hope people don't figure that out and keep drafting WRs way early. :cheers:

Also Voltaire expressed interest. He was one of the founders of IBL but hasn't done it in a while. We convinced him to join our FFLW remnant team but somehow we are full. I pointed him to TheHuddle who also needs people but he may have more interest playing for you guys.

I wasn't "one of the founders", I was THE founder. It was essentially a one man effort to get it to go that first year and that one man was me.

In 2001 Thehuddle was the biggest FF site online, first in the search engines but had imploded. Ownership there went from a free board forum to one locked behind a paywall. A lot of people went to the new FF board founded that year at footballguys, going into their first football season as a forum, and veterans of the mass hilarity environment at thehuddle (similar to FFT on it's best days) didn't react well to the constant adult babysitting and nannying and wrist slapping going on at footballguys. Such a clash of online cultures. Bans were flying left and right including me... one of the footballguy guys threw down a gauntlet and challenged us to a FF league duel and lots of enthusiasm, folks thought it was a good idea but then nobody followed up we were just waiting for somebody to step up to commish.

And that's what I did. I had an idea what to do for the format that I wanted and I had the free time, took up the challenge myself. I knew myfantasyleague had a FF host format that could accommodate what I wanted us to do and so I took us there. I paid for year one.

I taught my idea to 35 people and held 35 hands from three boards, answered the same questions a dozen times, I got us through the draft format. And it wasn't a collaborative effort, it'd all sprung from my head.

Although it started with bad blood that first year in whatever footballguys calls their version of the Geek Club, I've forgotten what they call it, it turned into a lot of mutual respect and I liked that.

As for 2017, I miss the format. Thing with me though, if I were to rejoin, and I'd like to, this is a really the most inconvenient year to return as I'm going to Malaysia for two weeks starting August 2nd and as you know, and as I know, this league requires much in the way of a time commitment. And then there's the matter that the guy at the host site and I, if it's the same guy (Miller Time?), we hated each other ten years ago. I'll spare you the details but the previous guy (Zach, a computer programmer from Las Vegas,I loved the guy) that had hosted the league site disappeared one offseason and although this new a$$hole Miller Time stepped up, yay great I suppose, But him and I never got along and I left on bad terms.

I wasn't "one of the founders", I was THE founder. It was essentially a one man effort to get it to go that first year and that one man was me.

In 2001 Thehuddle was the biggest FF site online, first in the search engines but had imploded. Ownership there went from a free board forum to one locked behind a paywall. A lot of people went to the new FF board founded that year at footballguys, going into their first football season as a forum, and veterans of the mass hilarity environment at thehuddle (similar to FFT on it's best days) didn't react well to the constant adult babysitting and nannying and wrist slapping going on at footballguys. Such a clash of online cultures. Bans were flying left and right including me... one of the footballguy guys threw down a gauntlet and challenged us to a FF league duel and lots of enthusiasm, folks thought it was a good idea but then nobody followed up we were just waiting for somebody to step up to commish.

And that's what I did. I had an idea what to do for the format that I wanted and I had the free time, took up the challenge myself. I knew myfantasyleague had a FF host format that could accommodate what I wanted us to do and so I took us there. I paid for year one.

I taught my idea to 35 people and held 35 hands from three boards, answered the same questions a dozen times, I got us through the draft format. And it wasn't a collaborative effort, it'd all sprung from my head.

Although it started with bad blood that first year in whatever footballguys calls their version of the Geek Club, I've forgotten what they call it, it turned into a lot of mutual respect and I liked that.

As for 2017, I miss the format. Thing with me though, if I were to rejoin, and I'd like to, this is a really the most inconvenient year to return as I'm going to Malaysia for two weeks starting August 2nd and as you know, and as I know, this league requires much in the way of a time commitment. And then there's the matter that the guy at the host site and I, if it's the same guy (Miller Time?), we hated each other ten years ago. I'll spare you the details but the previous guy (Zach, a computer programmer from Las Vegas,I loved the guy) that had hosted the league site disappeared one offseason and although this new a$$hole Miller Time stepped up, yay great I suppose, But him and I never got along and I left on bad terms.

Thanks for all of the words, naomi. I came in second place out of 96 owners last year -- are you going to join a league and let me beat you, or are you going to wax poetic about FF a decade ago and tell us to get off of your lawn? :cheers:

Also I think I may have said this at the Geek Club, but if not... I hear they have the internets in Malaysia. :dunno:

Thanks for all of the words, naomi. I came in second place out of 96 owners last year -- are you going to join a league and let me beat you, or are you going to wax poetic about FF a decade ago and tell us to get off of your lawn? :cheers:

Also I think I may have said this at the Geek Club, but if not... I hear they have the internets in Malaysia. :dunno:

I'm going to be offline a lot in Malaysia and I can't say FF will be much of a priority. In IBL, you don't just have to be on top of the goings on of the skill positions on 32 teams, you also have to strategize with your partners, make and send trade offers, draft. Ideally there's great fluidity in swapping out picks with your teammates, which I hope Know Doubt has been doing with FFLW considering he told me he stole all my ideas I taught him via cut and pastes of my posts to get FFLW going in year one.

I could sign up for a late draft and then pick (whatever) 1.8, 2.5, 3.8, 4.5 etc like I do in 12 Geeks rather easily with little to no trading, but that's just not how we do it if we're doing it right in the IBL.

Also, regarding second last year, I came in first in year one. http://www98.myfantasyleague.com/2001/home/6368

Maybe the smartest roster move I ever made in FF was that year. We won because in the 2nd week of playoffs, I'd benched Jeff Garcia whom I'd plugged in as QB every game that year in favor of Chris Chandler whom I'd picked up off waivers. Garcia had some brutal matchup that week, maybe the 2001 Eagles while my #2 QB also had a scheduling nightmare. So I was like 'fock' and I looked to waivers and there was Chandler, whom they'd been booing all year in Atlanta because Falcons fans wanted #1 overall pick Michael Vick to play. Chandler had some clowns on the schedule whom he proceeded to light up while Garcia's 49ers got shutdown and the point differential between the two won two games I would have otherwise lost had I put in Garcia and thus the championship.

^ Maybe you want to sign on as our silent partner coach?

Provide us a game plan for how you might tackle the different draft positions 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 for example and maybe give us some strategy?

I'm going to be offline a lot in Malaysia and I can't say FF will be much of a priority. In IBL, you don't just have to be on top of the goings on of the skill positions on 32 teams, you also have to strategize with your partners, make and send trade offers, draft. Ideally there's great fluidity in swapping out picks with your teammates, which I hope Know Doubt has been doing with FFLW considering he told me he stole all my ideas I taught him via cut and pastes of my posts to get FFLW going in year one.

I could sign up for a late draft and then pick (whatever) 1.8, 2.5, 3.8, 4.5 etc like I do in 12 Geeks rather easily with little to no trading, but that's just not how we do it if we're doing it right in the IBL.

Also, regarding second last year, I came in first in year one. http://www98.myfantasyleague.com/2001/home/6368

Maybe the smartest roster move I ever made in FF was that year. We won because in the 2nd week of playoffs, I'd benched Jeff Garcia whom I'd plugged in as QB every game that year in favor of Chris Chandler whom I'd picked up off waivers. Garcia had some brutal matchup that week, maybe the 2001 Eagles while my #2 QB also had a scheduling nightmare. So I was like 'fock' and I looked to waivers and there was Chandler, whom they'd been booing all year in Atlanta because Falcons fans wanted #1 overall pick Michael Vick to play. Chandler had some clowns on the schedule whom he proceeded to light up while Garcia's 49ers got shutdown and the point differential between the two won two games I would have otherwise lost had I put in Garcia and thus the championship.

I love it when that happens. Play the matchup, get out of a pickle and win a game that should have been lost.

I love it!

2nd to me, just sayin'

You in this year? Ready to defend your individual title?

unfortunately, this is why I would be against you re-joining. I've head this whole story at least 5 times and your whole narrative is how you did it all and got shafted.

No offense Volty, I like you, think you do a great job with the cult classic league but I don't wan't someone rejoining who has an axe the grind.

i remember when this originated. i should have done it then when i had more time for FF. my peak was 13 leagues. i am now very happy with two: my local keeper, and FFPC.

Rockford and/or bonkbonk you interested in joining? We may have one spot left...

Must be having an old man moment, because I'm struggling to understand the concept...like how many teams I would own. And what do you mean by '8 copies of each player'? Thanks.

Rockford was extended an invitation and accepted. Appreciate the interest Bonkbonk!!

If anyone wonders how we usually choose it's from your posts. Team members will remember guys they get into good discussions with and/or do mock drafts with. Sometimes we simply put your name in the search bar and read thru posts. Your answers, input and other things give us a glimpse at your knowledge and teamwork....

Rockford was extended an invitation and accepted. Appreciate the interest Bonkbonk!!

If anyone wonders how we usually choose it's from your posts. Team members will remember guys they get into good discussions with and/or do mock drafts with. Sometimes we simply put your name in the search bar and read thru posts. Your answers, input and other things give us a glimpse at your knowledge and teamwork....

So thorough

you obviously didnt dig very deep into my content. :unsure:

Team can you email me the password for the IBL forums?

Have it unlocked at work but home has the locker roo

Mullmania@gmail.com

I haven't been active recently, but I took part in this league the first year and it was a blast! More so than other leagues, being a good and active trader is very important. There was a kid on our team that year with the handle Da Bomb. He was maybe the best trader I ever saw in action. Anywho, good luck to whoever gets in this and maybe I will throw my hat in the ring next year.

I haven't been active recently, but I took part in this league the first year and it was a blast! More so than other leagues, being a good and active trader is very important. There was a kid on our team that year with the handle Da Bomb. He was maybe the best trader I ever saw in action. Anywho, good luck to whoever gets in this and maybe I will throw my hat in the ring next year.

which site did you play for? i recall:

thehuddle

fftoday

ffwarroom

?

However this season plays out I'm happy to have the band back together.

Already having a good time!

For next season I'd love to really start chattering a couple weeks to a month before the draft.

We can share what players we think can outperform their ADP and maybe even generate some strategy about how we think the drafts will unfold.

What's so unique about this is with 8 drafts going on that you can trade into you can really get a sense of tiers and what players you like at their adp.

You almost have the ability like in an auction to really make your team your own.

Definitely a great regular redraft prep too.