Sign in to follow this  
The PosterFormerlyKnownAs

Yanny or Laurel: do you hear what I hear?

I am genuinely annoyed I cant hear Yanny at all

You can't hear any Yanny? You're all Laurel?

Crazy stuff!! :shocking:

I clearly hear Laurel

Must be some kind of mind control voodoo :ninja:

Its very clearly Laurel. I even tried to make myself hear Yanny but its clearly Laurel, every time. If you hear Yanny...you are a retard.

This.

Its very clearly Laurel. I even tried to make myself hear Yanny but its clearly Laurel, every time. If you hear Yanny...you are a retard.

:lol:

I am genuinely annoyed I cant hear Yanny at all

After listening to the youtube video where the dude manipulates the sound to produce yanny, be glad you hear laurel.

The people who hear yanny got some ###### up ears. I wonder what music sounds like to them. Blwahahahahahallnanlal.

I think the yanny people are the hearing equivalent of color blind.

What the fock I just showed my friend and he heard yanny. Listen to it at the same time same phone. Pretty interesting.

Me and the gf just tried it. She hears Yanny. I dont get how I heard Yanny the first time and now its Laurel. The pitch is so different too. I dont get itttytttt

After listening to the youtube video where the dude manipulates the sound to produce yanny, be glad you hear laurel.

The people who hear yanny got some ###### up ears. I wonder what music sounds like to them. Blwahahahahahallnanlal.

I think the yanny people are the hearing equivalent of color blind.

:lol:

I did hear Yanny the first time though

They need to use tests like this for practical applications. If you hear Yanny...sorry no drivers license, gun or heavy machinery work.

Wife heard laurel...with not knowing what the choices were. When my daughter said she heard Yanny...my wife then started hearing it.

This

Laurel

Thank You. I continued to hear Laurel all the way halfway into the 9th interval. Then when I dialed it back it was into the 7th interval when I started hearing Laural again. There's no way mid-center I could hear yanny.

Awesome thanks. Initially I heard Laurel in the middle and obviously all the way to the alaurel side. Going dash by dash to the Yanny side, Indidnt hear it to the last one. Then slowly back, I continued to hear Yanni for 3 sections. But when back to Laurel...no Yanny til the last one again.

Wife heard Yanny in the middle...and for one section to the Laurel side. Then she heard Laurel the rest of those. Son didnt hear Laurel til the last 2 sections.

Thank You. I continued to hear Laurel all the way halfway into the 9th interval. Then when I dialed it back it was into the 7th interval when I started hearing Laural again. There's no way mid-center I could hear yanny.

I hear Yarry until between the second and third interval, but if I slide it back I can hear Laurel at the center.

Pretty wild. :banana:

The first time I distinctly heard "Yanny".

Second time, and every time after that, I hear "Laurel".

I can kind of hear the Yanny overtones now when I listen for them, but it's still 95% Laurel to me.

I heard Laurel clear as day eveyt time in the morning on a my cheap ass "stereo" at work.

When I got home and listened to it on my neighbors Android, it was Yanny as clear as day.

As a bonus, I finally saw the dress thing. (never heard of it before)

Dress was black and blue on the android.

Strangely enough, both of the wimmen saw the exact same pic (we looked at it together) and saw it as the "white and gold"?

Either way, pizza is on the way, so fock you all

Awesome thanks. Initially I heard Laurel in the middle and obviously all the way to the alaurel side. Going dash by dash to the Yanny side, Indidnt hear it to the last one. Then slowly back, I continued to hear Yanni for 3 sections. But when back to Laurel...no Yanny til the last one again.

SAME FUCKIN THING HERE :mad:

1985 .... just think in 30 years we will have flying cars!

2017 kids dont eat tide pods... do you hear yanny or laurel?

Civilization is going backward

/thread

:doublethumbsup:

Listen for sort of a higher-pitched, grating, robotic voice. It will manifest itself in the negative space of Laurel. :thumbsup:

Almost want to put this in my sig.

..Maybe we are all manifested in the negative space of Laurel :unsure:

Only retard mute deaf drug addicts hear anything but Laurel.

All Yanny, all the time. Actually, it's more like "yarry". Cant imagine hearing Laurel.

All I hear is yarry, all my brother heard was yarry. 3 different sources.

Yanny. I do hear laurel on the ny times link when slid one click left of center.

i heard this on the Alan Hahn show in my car yesterday. The first time I heard Laurel. Second time I heard Yanny. Then Laurel thenext 3 or 4 times they played it.

I know the real word is Laurel from reading an article quoting the girl who started the whole thing as part of her vocabulary project...... and I know everyone has talked about device listening on and pitch and sound quality but I was wondering if it has anything to do with how intently you are listening / when your "brain" begins processing what you're hearing. For example if you don't know it's about to be played and you miss a split second, you might hear Yanny where as if you're ready and waiting to listen to it you'll hear Laurel? probably not. just was my initial thought.

All Yanny, all the time. Actually, it's more like "yarry". Cant imagine hearing Laurel.

Yup thats exactly what I hear. Yarry

heard this today at work and it was all yanny. came home and we just played all the clips i saw today.... whole family and me heard laurel. all i can hear now is laurel. maybe the beers i just drank. hmmmmmmm

Its low, its clear, its not mistakable or ambiguous. Its Laurel. As clear as saying Apple vs hearing orange. Its pretty fascinating how some hear the high pitched Yanny. Boggles my mind, the brain is an amazing thing.