Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

Jaye Howard, DT, Florida.

Much like Turbin, he got picked where he was expected to go. I had him #114, exactly where he got drafted. It's an OK pick. We still haven't found a DE in the draft, our biggest need, which is embarrassing. At least we stumbled into our first defensive lineman. The reaching for players has mercifully stopped, and I breathe again. This is the Carroll and Schneider comfort zone, and it shows in their better decision making.

Still, lots of better players left on the board, but I can see how Turbin and Howard can fit. Especially Turbin.

Your board is an exercise in futility. Get a life and enjoy the draft. you are not a NFL talent evaluator.

Priceless..........

And thank you.............. :cheers:

Yep. That about sums it up.

Also, scanning over your post, move Burfict down your board. Got popped for drugs on a test a few days ago; unless you factored that in already.

I actually missed that. Thanks

Priceless..........

And thank you.............. :cheers:

So what is sitting in a chat room fighting about our board and agreeing with some idiot mean?

I actually missed that. Thanks

A true talent evaluator doesn't miss these details.

A true talent evaluator doesn't miss these details.

Never said I was a true talent evaluator. It's a hobby jackass. It's my views.

Like Irvin doesn't have off the field problems anyway. My evaluation wouldn't change that much. But, it was nice to know and once my board was done I never bothered to update it with the very latest news.

Everybody is view based off my "LIMITED" research. Get a life!

I thought you left to find a better draft board?

As I watched the Hawks picks last night, my first thought was "I can't wait to see this thread"..and it hasn't disappointed. I'm also convinced that 12th Man dude HAS to be an alias. If his goal was to look stupid and get philly worked up...well done.

I agree that 12th Man is probably an alias. Or an Aggie alum who just likes trolling other teams' boards. Or both.

When the Flynn signing went down and most people on the board liked it, he then came out and derided it, stating unequivocally that the Hawks are looking at another 7-9 season. Now, after most of the posters on this board show unhappiness over the Irvin pick, he again takes the opposite approach. Honestly I think he's just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian and stirring up dust.

It's also pretty funny to me that he derides others for their own draft boards, or for relying on mock draft rankings, but at the same time feels capable of making strong conclusions of his own on the players who have been drafted. Cognitive dissonance anyone?

Basically, arguing with this guy and trying to convince him of the logic of your arguments is a fool's errand, because I don't think he wants to be convinced. All he wants is to prolong the arguments.

Coming up on the 5th round, we've taken Pro-Bowlers there the past couple seasons. If PC/JS know anything it's how to find talent in the 5th round. :banana:

Is Turbin good enough that Forsett will be looking for another team this summer? I'll miss the guy.

I agree that 12th Man is probably an alias. Or an Aggie alum who just likes trolling other teams' boards. Or both.

When the Flynn signing went down and most people on the board liked it, he then came out and derided it, stating unequivocally that the Hawks are looking at another 7-9 season. Now, after most of the posters on this board show unhappiness over the Irvin pick, he again takes the opposite approach. Honestly I think he's just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian and stirring up dust.

It's also pretty funny to me that he derides others for their own draft boards, or for relying on mock draft rankings, but at the same time feels capable of making strong conclusions of his own on the players who have been drafted. Cognitive dissonance anyone?

Basically, arguing with this guy and trying to convince him of the logic of your arguments is a fool's errand, because I don't think he wants to be convinced. All he wants is to prolong the arguments.

What's a Seahawks offseason thread without conflict?

It would simply be impossible. And a lot less fun.

Poor analysis. Interesting but way off base.

Coming up on the 5th round, we've taken Pro-Bowlers there the past couple seasons. If PC/JS know anything it's how to find talent in the 5th round. :banana:

Is Turbin good enough that Forsett will be looking for another team this summer? I'll miss the guy.

Forsett is probably gone. He was more of change of pass back, Mo Morris on 3rd down type. Lynch and Turbin was very similar players, with Turbin needing to improve on his pass blocking and pass catching a bit. When Lynch missed the Cleveland game, the running game was dead in the water. Turbin can come to spell Lynch and the offense can remain mostly the same. One the reasons I liked Bernard Peirce from Temple. Leon Washington will take on the Forsett role.

This must be the bizzaro world Seahawks thread. Instead of cheering for your team you all just want to tear them down I'll leave you all to revel in your misery. I'd say enjoy the rest of the draft but I know you won't.

Forsett is probably gone. He was more of change of pass back, Mo Morris on 3rd down type. Lynch and Turbin was very similar players, with Turbin needing to improve on his pass blocking and pass catching a bit. When Lynch missed the Cleveland game, the running game was dead in the water. Turbin can come to spell Lynch and the offense can remain mostly the same. One the reasons I liked Bernard Peirce from Temple. Leon Washington will take on the Forsett role.

I agree Forsett is probably gone now. Plus we signed that kid from TB and resigned Robinson.

I think Turbin is a big upgrade and #2 for sure. Would have been nice for a more speed back, but Turbin can become a #1. And he's not all that slow either.

Surprised they passed on Polk though.

5th rd pick coming up.

Would like to see a WR here...Criner, McNutt and Marvin Jones still all on the board.

I think LB or DE still has some value in the draft right now. R. Randel or S. Hill was the WR we should have took earlier I think.

If they do go WR (Which I think is a need) then I like Streeter and McNutt.

I'm hoping for Adrien Hamilton - A true DE that I really really like.

I agree Forsett is probably gone now. Plus we signed that kid from TB and resigned Robinson.

I think Turbin is a big upgrade and #2 for sure. Would have been nice for a more speed back, but Turbin can become a #1. And he's not all that slow either.

Surprised they passed on Polk though.

How can you be surprised they passed on Polk? He has a degenerative shoulder condition. And here I thought you were some big time draft guru. You're a dime a dozen wannabe Kiper.

I think LB or DE still has some value in the draft right now. R. Randel or S. Hill was the WR we should have took earlier I think.

If they do go WR (Which I think is a need) then I like Streeter and McNutt.

I'm hoping for Adrien Hamilton - A true DE that I really really like.

I thought Hill would have gone in the 1st so I was hoping for either Hill, Kendricks or David with our 2nd rounder. Of course the Jets took Hill with our pick, Kendricks went one before us, and we went with Wagner instead of David.

Not familiar with Hamilton, but Billy Winn is still out there at DE also.

also noticed that Senio Kelemente is still out there at OG. Could play LG or RG for us and would be a nice fit.

Your board is an exercise in futility. Get a life and enjoy the draft. you are not a NFL talent evaluator.

this is why i <3 you.

are you a talent evaluator? no? then why bother commending any picks and saying they will be great. How can you know if you're not a talent evaluator? hypocrisy at it's finest.

also you know what it takes to be a talent evaluator? the desire to study athletes and give your opinion on them. anyone can do it. if you get lucky enough you can even make a career out of it.

also noticed that Senio Kelemente is still out there at OG. Could play LG or RG for us and would be a nice fit.

and there goes Kelemente. Crap.

Well, well, well. Korey Toomer, LB, Idaho. Well, he wasn't among the top 350+ players on my board, but I'll give the front office credit. They've drafted 3 LBs now, so the odds say one of them will start. Right?

So, after drafting a guy with the speed and size of Speedy Gonzalez on Thursday, then take the doppelganger of Hank Hill's son Bobby in the 2nd round, and Peter Dinklage to be our QB of the future, we were cruising along today. And cue the car crash sound effect. I appreciate that there was an emphasis on defense with 4 of the first 5 picks, it's just that I don't think they are very talented as a group. Are we trying to corner the market on special teams players? Holy fock. The best player they drafted was on offense, and it was their only pick on offense in 3 days.

And somebody draft a DE. We don't have enough to break camp with.

:suicidebanana:

OK, OK. Toomer is a special teams guy. He's fast. He can't play a lick, but he's fast. So he can get down the field on kickoffs.

But for fock's sake, there are players available that can actually play on offense or defense during the game AND play special teams. Why won't they see this? Ruskell has teamed up with a caravan of gypsies and cursed us forever. I bet Holmgren chipped in half the money too.

Well, well, well. Korey Toomer, LB, Idaho. Well, he wasn't among the top 350+ players on my board, but I'll give the front office credit. They've drafted 3 LBs now, so the odds say one of them will start. Right?

So, after drafting a guy with the speed and size of Speedy Gonzalez on Thursday, then take the doppelganger of Hank Hill's son Bobby in the 2nd round, and Peter Dinklage to be our QB of the future, we were cruising along today. And cue the car crash sound effect. I appreciate that there was an emphasis on defense with 4 of the first 5 picks, it's just that I don't think they are very talented as a group. Are we trying to corner the market on special teams players? Holy fock. The best player they drafted was on offense, and it was their only pick on offense in 3 days.

Waaaaaa waaaaaa Toomer wasn't on my draft board waaaaaa waaaaa

Waaaaaa waaaaaa Toomer wasn't on my draft board waaaaaa waaaaa

Didn't you leave to troll the Twink message boreds an hour ago, you 2 halves of a fagg?

six more picks in front of us. Still available that I would like to get:

Marvin Jones, WR

Juron Criner, WR

Billy Winn, DE

Justin Bethel, S

George Iloka, S

Marvin McNutt, WR

Kinda like last year with DB's.

The more I read up on him, the more I'm warming up to Irvin. High risk type of guy, but if we can cash in on his freakish talent.....like I said the dude is focking explosive :shocking:

I'm still taking the glass half-full approach.

and now Iloka is off the board. I need to stop posting ideas so that other teams don't steal them. ;)

That's not the reason. You're just not clued into your teams drafting habits.

Not a good sign when I can't even locate Jeremy Lane in an online draft tracker.

Just another example of PC/jS doing their homework. You should applaud them.

Jeremy Lane, CB, from some school nobody ever heard of (I'm half lying, I've heard of the school in college basketball). I think he is in the CIA, since nobody has ever heard of him. I think he hosts a show on MSNBC in prime time.

You know, it's not easy to go back to back picks where most evaluation services have never heard of them. I think I'm going to sign up for the NFL draft next year so the Seahawks can grab me in the 3rd round.

Draft grade so far: F. Could still go to F-, as we have more picks to waste coming up. :banana:

That's not the reason. You're just not clued into your teams drafting habits.

JS has stopped taking my calls lately. I'm going to have to kick him out of my circle of trust if this persists. :music_guitarred:

Just another example of PC/jS doing their homework. You should applaud them.

having now read that NFP thing, this sounds like a nice pick, so I do.

having now read that NFP thing, this sounds like a nice pick, so I do.

Now you get it. These last two picks scream upside. Don't let the negative bells influence you. This draft will get get panned by the kipers of the world but the Hawks did great.

The last three draft pick by Seattle didn't crack the top 500 players available for this draft. I don't think I have ever seem a team so inept at drafting in one season in my whole focking life. I have no more words. I'm numb. We have been taking special teams tackling players since the first round. At this point, I would be thrilled if we got that punter in the 1st round, to save this incompetent draft.

Take the worst draft by Ruskell. NONE of them were as bad as this year. Have a nice day.

Now you get it. These last two picks scream upside. Don't let the negative bells influence you. This draft will get get panned by the kipers of the world but the Hawks did great.

:lol: