Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Short Man Syndrome

It was a little bit of a bitter pill to swallow when I was younger. I thought i was going to be tall. I was always one of the tallest kids in my class. I hit puberty super early, so that's another reason why I was taller. I was this tall in 7th grade. I stopped growing. It kind of sucked to see all my good friends go from way shorter than me, to 6" taller. I got over it though. If anything, it makes my job easier. I can get into tight spots to weld a lot easier.

I stopped growing in 8th grade, I was 6'1 and since my dad and grandpa were 6'4+ I assumed I would still growing. Nope

4'7" got a problem with it ya focking faggut?

Wanna go ? :mad:

Wow someone is a little (no pun intended) sensitive

:lol:

Doesn't this only show that people who suddenly have their height reduced are paranoid, etc? :huh:

Short people never were taller. :dunno:

This. If you suddenly go from 6'2 to 5'4 you're probably going to feel a little uneasy. If you stopped growing at 5'4 you're accustomed to being 5'4. Kind of a no brainer. :dunno:

They got little hands

And little eyes

And they walk around

Tellin' great big lies

Maybe its perspective? It never bothers me, nor do I even notice it unless someone is extra tall. I do, however, notice pretty easily someone who is shorter than me. Maybe guys with short syndrome notice how much taller other people are more easily?

Im 64. Every once in a while, when Im around someone significantly taller than me, I find it irritating. Im just not used to having to bend my neck that way to talk to people.

I would think one of the biggest irritants of being really short would be crowds. All you see is other peoples backs. At least I can see over the crowd.

It was a little bit of a bitter pill to swallow when I was younger. I thought i was going to be tall. I was always one of the tallest kids in my class. I hit puberty super early, so that's another reason why I was taller. I was this tall in 7th grade. I stopped growing. It kind of sucked to see all my good friends go from way shorter than me, to 6" taller. I got over it though. If anything, it makes my job easier. I can get into tight spots to weld a lot easier.

I find being tall fairly overrated. Fitting into cars, airplane seats, etc. is miserable. Buying clothes is a pain in the ass even in America, and impossible here. Here in china, I bump my head a lot (they have a lot of short doorways.)

The only advantage Ive ever seen is lots of chicks seem to dig it. Especially tall chicks. No chick wants a guy shorter than her.

Mother Nature doesn't have that sense of humor.

A good friend of mine was Shaquille Oneils equipment guy at LSU. New shoes... Got em. Anything he wanted, Shaq got em. Shaq hid his manhood for years. My friend caudght him in the shower after a night of drinking. His exact words" I saw an elephant trunk on a Saturday"

My fiancé is maybe five-two, and just tiny.

The first time we went back to her home town, her sister was laughing and told me that when we first started dating, she apparently was worried that I would have some enormous donkey dong or something. She was relieved to find it merely slightly above average, despite my ogre body.

I would think one of the biggest irritants of being really short would be crowds. All you see is other peoples backs. At least I can see over the crowd.

We used to have a dwarf that worked bagging groceries at our local Safeway. He was eye level with the asses of hot chicks in yoga pants. The kid was always :D

R.I.P Shorty :cheers:

I find being tall fairly overrated. Fitting into cars, airplane seats, etc. is miserable. Buying clothes is a pain in the ass even in America, and impossible here. Here in china, I bump my head a lot (they have a lot of short doorways.)

The only advantage Ive ever seen is lots of chicks seem to dig it. Especially tall chicks. No chick wants a guy shorter than her.

Agreed on the airplane seats... absolute torture.

I can imagine being short would suck. On the rare occasion I find myself having to look up to talk to someone, I do not enjoy it.

Agreed on the airplane seats... absolute torture.

I can imagine being short would suck. On the rare occasion I find myself having to look up to talk to someone, I do not enjoy it.

I loathe flying long distances. I make sure to secure enough drugs to make my flights from China to America and back go through in a coma.

Thats what happens when you're 17 in the 7th grade.

I loathe flying long distances. I make sure to secure enough drugs to make my flights from China to America and back go through in a coma.

Nope... couldn't do that. I'm 6'5 and I was in physical pain after a 2+hr flight to Mexico from Cincy. A$$holes had me wedged into a window seat. I can't even imagine a US to China flight. I would spring for 1st class almost out of necessity.

Nope... couldn't do that. I'm 6'5 and I was in physical pain after a 2+hr flight to Mexico from Cincy. A$$holes had me wedged into a window seat. I can't even imagine a US to China flight. I would spring for 1st class almost out of necessity.

You do have more room on the big trans oceanic flights. Those planes are huge.

But still. 13+ hours is a b!tch, I dont care what seat youre in.

Do non-short douchey men have a complex about short men, like they are an opportunity to flaunt their dominance? I might be reading too much into this but my short male friend and I were waiting for a table at a restaurant...not too much standing room so we were standing next to the hostesses station and a tall, fairly broad shouldered guy on his way out basically would have walked into my friend, swiping him with his upper body if my friend hadn't move himself forward and awkwardly close to the hostesses station. I could tell it made him a little uncomfortable and he then checked some stuff out in the station (peered over the side) like he intentionally wanted to. Tall guy could have simply walked more to the side or angled his body a bit. People do so all the time. My friend's impulse to play it off made me feel worse/understand more just how douchey it was on the tall guy's part.

Do non-short douchey men have a complex about short men, like they are an opportunity to flaunt their dominance? I might be reading too much into this but my short male friend and I were waiting for a table at a restaurant...not too much standing room so we were standing next to the hostesses station and a tall, fairly broad shouldered guy on his way out basically would have walked into my friend, swiping him with his upper body if my friend hadn't move himself forward and awkwardly close to the hostesses station. I could tell it made him a little uncomfortable and he then checked some stuff out in the station (peered over the side) like he intentionally wanted to. Tall guy could have simply walked more to the side or angled his body a bit. People do so all the time. My friend's impulse to play it off made me feel worse/understand more just how douchey it was on the tall guy's part.

Tough to generalize like that. Not all tall guys are dooshes and not all short guys allow themselves to be pushed around.

Just came back to edit in 'some'. Agree absolutely as I know some all around friendly, humble tall guys.

Not sure how my friend could have not allowed himself to get pushed around short of getting into an altercation. Maybe it happens enough that it's not really an option to deal with it that way :dunno:

Just came back to edit in 'some'. Agree absolutely as I know some all around friendly, humble tall guys.

Not sure how my friend could have not allowed himself to get pushed around short of getting into an altercation. Maybe it happens enough that it's not really an option to deal with it that way :dunno:

But which one were you more physically attracted to? Your height challenged but polite but friend....or the tall broad shouldered Adonis that may be a jerk?

Friend is 44, tall guy looked to be around his age up to a couple years older. That was another weird aspect, he was too old to have a punk demeanor. He had a arrogant demeanor aside from the obvious move, total lack of any affability. Wasn't attractive because he seemed really unpleasant to be in the company of. Face wasn't handsome, just okay.

He noticed. I was looking the opposite direction from oncoming dooshbag, standing right next to my friend but I happened to look that way right in time for it. The guy's expression right afterwards ticked up with even more of a sense of owning the place.

sounds like a tall dude, who didn't get the right proportion

put it this way, its better to be 5'6 with 5 inches, than 6'6 with 6 inches

That sounds like something a short guy would believe

I had an Irish boss who was probably 5 3. Give or take. It wasn't his lack of verticality. It was his wee little hands that creeped me the out.

Getting the Willies thinking about it. Gaaaaah!

Seriously, that scene from Deadpool creeped me the hell out too.

I had an Irish boss who was probably 5 3. Give or take. It wasn't his lack of verticality. It was his wee little hands that creeped me the ###### out.

Getting the Willies thinking about it. Gaaaaah!

Seriously, that scene from Deadpool creeped me the hell out too.

haha freaked my wife out too, she couldn't watch it