Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Anyone else debating benching Keenan Allen?

I have been going back and forth on this one the last couple of days for multiple reason:

A) last time they played he was double teamed and had a like of 4/41/0

B) his sprained shoulder is one hit away from pulling him outta the game for the rest of the night

C) it's the dreaded Thirsday night game coming off that shoulder sprain

Now I know he has been a beast the last three gane, esp in ppr, been starting the whole way. But that may lead to a one dud game too. Debating putting boldin in over him as TB is horrendous vs slot receivers and revis will be on Crabtree. Am I crazy to consider this?

Yeah I think the last game they had DRC and cliff Harris JR doubling him which definitely worked

I have him at the flex spot currently but am waffling pretty severely.

Also debating, but I think Allen has a good game tonight - the guy runs GREAT routes, and he is Rivers go-to guy.

Factor in that Allen and Rivers keep building chemistry, and Rivers will most likely have to chuck it all-night to catch-up.

Another positive is that Rivers has been looking for him in the red zone recently, and found him for 2 TD's last week…

I think Allen is a must-start, unless you have really good options.

Hell no, im starting him with confidence...at least i had confidence until this thread :(

• Like 2

Debating putting boldin in over him as TB is horrendous vs slot receivers and revis will be on Crabtree. Am I crazy to consider this?

I've actually seen quite a few speculations of the opposite.. where Revis will be likely shadowing Boldin..

My biggest concern is the darn shoulder. I hate it because if he takes a bad fall or hit on it and leaves the game for the rest of the night. That's what scares me. But he did come back and play in second half and caught a td.

My biggest concern is the darn shoulder. I hate it because if he takes a bad fall or hit on it and leaves the game for the rest of the night. That's what scares me. But he did come back and play in second half and caught a td.

And practiced fully the very next day. I'm certainly not worried about it.

• Like 1

Yeah, he scored after he came back and no setbacks all week...Allen will come through. Especially if manning explodes on them and SD has to play catch up

Don't overthink it, It's a HOT matchup in a shootout. SD will surely fall behind, so expect Rivers to air it out, more chances to score. Roll with ALLEN without thinking about it. Don't be stupid.

He's a top 12-14 recievier by all the rankings this week. He's consistently targeted and is clearly the #1 option. Agree with another post that said you better have damn good options ahead of him if you're considering benching him. Don't get cute and over think the matchups. He's a stud, Fitzpatrick hung 35 points or whatever on Denver last week with Justin Hunter...

Allen will be fine, must start in standard or PPR.

exactly...and dont feel bad im starting allen and going against Manning and Decker. Its all about playing good matchups in the playoffs, dont over think

Sitting him in my work league. But thats for Gordon and Jeffrey.

SD tried to run the ball a lot in their first match-up to keep the ball away. The plan did "work" as it was a 1 score game and they held Denver to "only" 28 points. May see a repeat attempt which could limit Allen's production again.

But I think I'd start him over Boldin.

SD tried to run the ball a lot in their first match-up to keep the ball away. The plan did "work" as it was a 1 score game and they held Denver to "only" 28 points. May see a repeat attempt which could limit Allen's production again.

Sd was down 28-6 was not a close game, garbage time scores

Flexing K. Allen in a ppr league. Playing against Manning/Decker/Moreno so we'll call this the new age "cancel out" theory... Ha!

Sitting him in a standard league for the likes of J. Gordon/A. Brown/J. Graham. Currently starting Graham over AJ Green which has me conflicted since I'm a Bengals fan but Ike Taylor always plays AJ tough.

Any opinions on Allen vs. Roddy White in the flex? Both have good match ups and both have been playing well the last couple games.

I'm considering benching him for Charles Clay (MIA TE) who has emerged as a regular point producer. Still, I'd wait until Friday or Saturday injury update to make your decision, he had a huge week last week, and I can't afford to have points sitting on my bench.

If he's starting, I think I'd play him, he's Rivers' best target after all, and the Chargers are still fighting for a playoff spot. Denver defense is also ranked 29th in the league against the pass and give up an average of 274 yards per game. Matchup-wise, it doesn't get much better than that. I could totally see Rivers getting into a shootout with Manning.

This is my worry as well. I am sitting him for Jordy Nelson. Nelson has a great matchup plus I am hoping Rodgers is back this week. I wish I didn't have to make the call now. My concerns around Allen are:

- big game last week so he will focused on by the defense

- last game he wasn't as big of a threat and they shut him down

- the shoulder

- short week

This is my worry as well. I am sitting him for Jordy Nelson. Nelson has a great matchup plus I am hoping Rodgers is back this week. I wish I didn't have to make the call now. My concerns around Allen are:

- big game last week so he will focused on by the defense

- last game he wasn't as big of a threat and they shut him down

- the shoulder

- short week

Green Bay homer here - I doubt that Rogers suits up this week from the sounds of local radio and press - That being said, Allen > Nelson without Rogers.

Green Bay homer here - I doubt that Rogers suits up this week from the sounds of local radio and press - That being said, Allen > Nelson without Rogers.

Allen > Nelson period

no - "a knee issue popped up at practice" yesterday as per Stephania Bell (ESPN)

Crap, I am debating which 2 of White, Allen, and Smith and was leaning towards sitting Allen (Rivers at QB and don't want all my eggs in one basket)

Maybe I will sit White instead.

• Like 1

I'm considering going all in on this game tonight. I already have Manning and Moreno going for Denver and Allen going for SD. I am thinking about putting Mathews in at Flex over Bobby Rainey. The news about Cecil Shorts being a gametime decision has me worried and I already put Patterson in for him but I guess I could go completley nuts and throw Tamme in the W/T position and really go all in tonight. I would either pretty much have it all wrapped up for a trip to the Championship game or be kicking myself till Sunday.

Tamme is gonna be splitting snaps with Andre Caldwell. As that god awful aberration of a fantasy show on nfl network with the most absurd "experts" say "iitttss aaa trrrraappp"

• Like 2

I am benching him

of course my WR's are Calvin, Demaryius, Andre and Gordon, and I havent started Allen once. Actually contemplating sitting Calvin this week

Come on man, benching Calvin?

. Actually contemplating sitting Calvin this week

You should lose posting privileges, as you have proven yourself too stupid to use a computer.