Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

Saint's Bounty - Greg Williams Audio

Wow. Just disgusting. The more that comes out on this, the more everyone will understand why the penalties were so harsh.

All thats missing is Williams saying "We do not train to be merciful here.....mercy is for the weak. You see a man on the field he is the enemy...the enemy deserves no mercy..........sweep the leg.....you have a problem with that Vilma?"

Edit: Im aware Vilma wasnt there in 2011..just couldnt think of another LB from '11

The guy is just makin a speech. Every time a coach says lets go kill those guys is he gonna get charged with murder?

while I do agree it is disgusting and further indictment on Bounty Gate - I do wonder how much of this goes on in the NFL - and not just this, but other shady/unsavory stuff.

See, I think we're insulated as fans - I don't think we really know how rotten, evil, greedy, and sadistic that NFL is/can-be behind the scenes.

I think about Belichick and his lying/games with injuries, information, etc... maybe this is why? Maybe this is all part of it.

A lot of what Williams said, I kind of expected - it's the direct instructions go go after consussions and ACLs that was more than I expected.

I know pussification and blah blah blah...

This is just inexcusable. If you can't win without intentionally trying to injure the team you are playing and take their key players out of the game, you are the pvssy.

wow. he'll never coach again.

I wonder if Cobra Kai is hiring.

I know pussification and blah blah blah...

This is just inexcusable. If you can't win without intentionally trying to injure the team you are playing and take their key players out of the game, you are the pvssy.

Thats how they get ya!!

:dunno:

"You WANT me on that wall... You NEED me on that wall... you rise and sleep under the blanket of freedom that I provide and then question the manner in which I provide it."

The guy is just makin a speech. Every time a coach says lets go kill those guys is he gonna get charged with murder?

The ACL comment is the clincher and what separates this from a 'go out and kill 'em' type speech.

while I do agree it is disgusting and further indictment on Bounty Gate - I do wonder how much of this goes on in the NFL - and not just this, but other shady/unsavory stuff.

See, I think we're insulated as fans - I don't think we really know how rotten, evil, greedy, and sadistic that NFL is/can-be behind the scenes.

I think about Belichick and his lying/games with injuries, information, etc... maybe this is why? Maybe this is all part of it.

A lot of what Williams said, I kind of expected - it's the direct instructions go go after consussions and ACLs that was more than I expected.

Yeah, the ACL talk is pretty nuts. While everything you say about the NFL being an incredibly cut-throat business is true, I have to wonder what even some of the guys in that locker room might have thought about that. You're not just talking about ending a guy's game or season, you're talking about ending or at least shortening his career. I would hope not many players accept that as SOP. I'm probably just naive though

:dunno:

"You WANT me on that wall... You NEED me on that wall... you rise and sleep under the blanket of freedom that I provide and then question the manner in which I provide it."

Ahh...nice. :cheers:

The league is changing rules year after year to prevent concussions and Williams is in his locker room encouraging his guys to cause head injuries and offering them money to do it. I'll be shocked if he ever coaches again. And now that I've heard this, Payton should be counting his lucky stars that he only got a year off.

The ACL comment is the clincher and what separates this from a 'go out and kill 'em' type speech.

The comment about Vernon Davis' ankles was sweet too. And how he was going to pay whoever got the first hit to Alex Smith's head...

Yeah, the ACL talk is pretty nuts. While everything you say about the NFL being an incredibly cut-throat business is true, I have to wonder what even some of the guys in that locker room might have thought about that. You're not just talking about ending a guy's game or season, you're talking about ending or at least shortening his career. I would hope not many players accept that as SOP. I'm probably just naive though

I would hope that they all have professional respect for each other.

The league is changing rules year after year to prevent concussions and Williams is in his locker room encouraging his guys to cause head injuries and offering them money to do it. I'll be shocked if he ever coaches again. And now that I've heard this, Payton should be counting his lucky stars that he only got a year off.

I originally thought the penalties were way over the top. After hearing that... it doesn't leave anything up to interpretation. Payton is lucky that he will be able to work again in the NFL.

Darren Sharper was asked recently (he is no longer on the team) about purposely injuring players and he said most of the guys would'nt even think about doing it. They may hate each other on the field but they respect each other off the field enough not to do it. You never want to be the guy that ended another players career. He said kids on special teams and defense fighting to stay on the team might be inclined to do anything they could to make an impression and stay on the team though. But that's with every team he's ever been on. It's the nature of the game.

Darren Sharper was asked recently (he is no longer on the team) about purposely injuring players and he said most of the guys would'nt even think about doing it. They may hate each other on the field but they respect each other off the field enough not to do it. You never want to be the guy that ended another players career. He said kids on special teams and defense fighting to stay on the team might be inclined to do anything they could to make an impression and stay on the team though. But that's with every team he's ever been on. It's the nature of the game.

Guys like Bernard Pollard don't seem to have a problem with it. :angry:

I suspect crap like this happens on every team, but it still is deplorable.

fact

The paying guys for hurting players and talking about the ACL crap is way over the top, but it has been a fact in the NFL for a long time that if the players know a guy is injured, they'll target that injury every time, going for a tweaked knee or pulling a guy's ankle in the pile or whatnot. . So the talk about finding out whether a guy is ready to take what they're about to dish out doesn't bother me. It's the paying that makes it focked up

And frankly, he sounds kind of like a bully tough guy wannabe pvssy to me.

The paying guys for hurting players and talking about the ACL crap is way over the top, but it has been a fact in the NFL for a long time that if the players know a guy is injured, they'll target that injury every time, going for a tweaked knee or pulling a guy's ankle in the pile or whatnot. . So the talk about finding out whether a guy is ready to take what they're about to dish out doesn't bother me. It's the paying that makes it focked up

And frankly, he sounds kind of like a bully tough guy wannabe pvssy to me.

Wonder what his Geek handle is?

Wonder what his Geek handle is?

There are so many to choose from, it boggles the mind.

What I find so interesting in this whole deal is the players union. They are willing to sue the fock out of the NFL on player safety issues but now it is no big deal it’s just rhetoric.

Typical slime ball union that doesn’t give a carp about the majority of its members as long as they collect dues

What I find so interesting in this whole deal is the players union. They are willing to sue the fock out of the NFL on player safety issues but now it is no big deal it’s just rhetoric.

Typical slime ball union that doesn’t give a carp about the majority of its members as long as they collect dues

POW!!!

I originally thought the penalties were way over the top. After hearing that... it doesn't leave anything up to interpretation. Payton is lucky that he will be able to work again in the NFL.

I agree! I hope this is why Payton got his knee injury.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: First thing I thought when I heard this tape.

Someone should take that focker out every time he gets anywhere near the sidelines. The QB should have an audible named Payton. Which means the RB should go full speed out of bounds right where that POS is standing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: First thing I thought when I heard this tape.

Someone should take that focker out every time he gets anywhere near the sidelines. The QB should have an audible named Payton. Which means the RB should go full speed out of bounds right where that POS is standing.

:thumbsup:

The thing that got me was the part of the recording where Williams said the first one who gets a good shot at Alex Smith's chin was on him (and made the money sign with his hands). Absolutely disgusting.

I also never thought about the knee injury. :lol: Poetic justice. Hopefully there was a freaking bounty on him.

Under Reaction, actually

No. It's over reaction. It happens in every locker room. It's the coaches job to fire up his players. If they say to go out there and "kill them" do you think that mean that literally?

I was taught early (11-12 playground ball) to try and hurt the star player on the other team. And I did everything within the rules to hurt anyone who got in the way of my team wining.