Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Oh good lord, they're protesting Peter Rabbit

Apparently Peter the fictional cartoon rabbit throws blackberries at his Nemesis who is allergic to blackberries. The twitterverse is all aghast at this violent -I'm not kidding violent -portrayal of allergy bullying.

Parents are being warned, apologies are being demanded, changes in production called for, Tibetan monks lighting themselves on fire, children openly weeping, mothers gnashing their teeth and screaming in Outrage,

...for Peter fricking Rabbit.

Oh, For Fock Sake.

Just a matter of time before Cool Hand Luke is boycotted for its violent portrayal of the violent canabalistic abortion of chicken's fetuses.

if only he was purple and voiced by Chris Rock or Dave Chapell

So odd that Wiff posts stuff like this then behaves like the same whiny bitches in the post when it comes to any and all matters related to Trump.

Schizophrenia?

Trumps a friggin idiot. He's had two high-level cabinet members say that already. Not to mention what virtually everyone else already knows. He's even too stupid to have an attention span long enough to read a 4-page memo with pictures and colors and everything.

People who protest an animated rabbit are freaking idiots too.

Consistency. It's what's for breakfast.

Can I protest it, cause it looks creepy.

The fact that it's got that no-talent hack James Corden in it is reason enough.

I will agree this is really dumb on the surface.

BUT with how prevelent nut allergies are these days and the severity of these allergies, it is probably a bad idea to show little kids something like this.

Isn't the issue the villanization of eppy pens and getting kids to think they are bad :dunno:

Also, don't care

You know, it's amazing that I haven't dropped an anvil on somebody's head with all that I watched as a Young Man.

• Like 1

GFIAFP used to play peter rabbit when he worked at the day care

The 'Peter Rabbit' team is now apologizing...

https://wtop.com/movies/2018/02/peter-rabbit-team-apologizes-for-making-light-of-allergies/

LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Peter Rabbit” filmmakers and the studio behind it are apologizing for insensitively depicting a character’s allergy in the film that has prompted backlash online.

Sony Pictures says Sunday in a joint statement with the filmmakers that “food allergies and are a serious issue” and the film “should not have made light” of a character being allergic to blackberries “even in a cartoonish, slapstick way.”

In “Peter Rabbit” which was released this weekend, the character of Mr. McGregor is allergic to blackberries. The rabbits fling the fruit at him in a scene and he is forced to use an EpiPen.

The charity group Kids with Food Allergies posted a warning about the scene on its Facebook page Friday prompting some on Twitter to start using the hashtag #boycottpeterrabbit. The group said that allergy jokes are harmful to their community and that making light of the condition “encourages the public not to take the risk of allergic reactions seriously.”

Kenneth Mendez, the president and CEO of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, wrote an open letter to the studio Saturday asking for the opportunity to educate the company and the film’s cast on the realities of food allergies and urged the studio to “examine your portrayal of bullying in your films geared toward a young audience.”

The studio and filmmakers say that they, “Sincerely regret not being more aware and sensitive to this issue, and we truly apologize.”

Is this that same Peter that goes hoppin' down the bunny trail? If so, fock him. He's an ass hole. :mad:

Holy Focking Cow

Is there Anything that doesnt offend someone these days.

What is the focking world coming to?

I havnt really seen this anywhere so forgive me....... are they offended or saying it may be taking a serious issue too lightly

I havnt really seen this anywhere so forgive me....... are they offended or saying it may be taking a serious issue too lightly

I first heard of it this weekend as a former client of mine posted to FB that she had taken her son to see the movie and was shocked at the scene as her son has some serious allergies and was afraid the scene would affect him to not taking his issue serious enough. :dunno:

I mean I get it... If you have a kid who has a nut allergy that can be life threatening, I wouldnt want a movie that small kids see showing the "hero" exploiting somebody's allergy. 4 5 6 7 years olds dont understand what could possibly happen if they decide they dont like johnny and force him to eat peanutbutter because they hear he is allergic

My daughter has peanut allergies, my stance is that children's movies should not show one character giving another character an allergen.

My daughter has peanut allergies, my stance is that children's movies should not show one character giving another character an allergen.

I feel you I don't let my son watch any movie that depicts one character dropping an anvil on another character or using a box of TNT :doh:

• Like 2

I feel you I don't let my son watch any movie that depicts one character dropping an anvil on another character or using a box of TNT :doh:

The problem is that there are people that force or sneak allergens on people in America, there are not people dropping anvils on other people.

I will agree this is really dumb on the surface.

BUT with how prevelent nut allergies are these days and the severity of these allergies, it is probably a bad idea to show little kids something like this.

Somewhere around 150 to 200 people die in the U.S. each year because of food allergies

https://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/allergies/food-allergy/peanut/how-many-people-die-each-year-from-peanut-allergies.htm

The problem is that there are people that force or sneak allergens on people in America, there are not people dropping anvils on other people.

the problem is that you think they learn that behavior from cartoons

the problem is that you think they learn that behavior from cartoons

For Peter Rabbit 2 they should swap a Type 1 diabetics diet soda with a regular soda. The hilarity.

Yet they do drop refrigerators or air conditioners on Geeks.

At least, allegedly

Yeah I was thinking about taking the boy to it. Hes only 3 1/2 so I looked it up to make sure it was okay. Saw all these reviews screaming about the allergy thing. Focking nutsos.

How come we dont just ignore these people anymore?

Time was wed be like um okay lady, sorry you feel that way *slowly moves away while hoping no one saw me talking to her*

Now its like oh yeah fock them thats horrible. Do you have any other things you find offensive? Oh just men in general? Well lets do something about that too

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking about taking the boy to it. Hes only 3 1/2 so I looked it up to make sure it was okay. Saw all these reviews screaming about the allergy thing. Focking nutsos.

How come we dont just ignore these people anymore?

Time was wed be like um okay lady, sorry you feel that way *slowly moves away while hoping no one saw me talking to her*

Now its like oh yeah fock them thats horrible. Do you have any other things you find offensive? Oh just men in general? Well lets do something about that too

This is the change we got with “Hope and Change”

I blame the whole thing on women's liberation. You know why we didn't have all these stupid allergies when I was a kid? Because women did what they were supposed to do, what they were made to do, breastfeed. When you breastfeed you get not only nutrients, you get all of your mom's antibodies and tolerances.

Now these lazy bitches don't want to be inconvenienced. They want to start drinking margaritas right there in the delivery room. They don't want to have to pump milk or do any of the things that mothers are supposed to do. God Only distinguishes Women two ways through their vag and their boobs.

So now our little snowflake children are drinking ship that is pasteurized and homogenized and sterilized and purified and then big shock that their systems can't handle basic day-to-day proteins that existed for 1000000 years.

Biitches. Always the problem.

• Like 1

I blame the whole thing on women's liberation. You know why we didn't have all these stupid allergies when I was a kid? Because women did what they were supposed to do, what they were made to do, breastfeed. When you breastfeed you get not only nutrients, you get all of your mom's antibodies and tolerances.

Now these lazy bitches don't want to be inconvenienced. They want to start drinking margaritas right there in the ###### delivery room. They don't want to have to pump milk or do any of the things that mothers are supposed to do. God Only distinguishes Women two ways through their vag and their boobs.

So now our little snowflake children are drinking ship that is pasteurized and homogenized and sterilized and purified and then big ###### shock that their systems can't handle basic day-to-day proteins that existed for 1000000 years.

Do you get upset when they show people working in movies, because of your allergy?

Do you get upset when they show people working in movies, because of your allergy?

Too busy sucking your mama's titties.

Now these lazy bitches don't want to be inconvenienced. They want to start drinking margaritas right there in the ###### delivery room. They don't want to have to pump milk or do any of the things that mothers are supposed to do. God Only distinguishes Women two ways through their vag and their boobs.

So now our little snowflake children are drinking ship that is pasteurized and homogenized and sterilized and purified and then big ###### shock that their systems can't handle basic day-to-day proteins that existed for 1000000 years.

I have a 10 year old daughter who was breast fed and who has allergies to peanuts and tree nuts. I don't think that's it. It's no laughing matter when a little kid can go anaphylactic because of exposure to a substance that's innocuous to most of the rest of us. It's not a joke and shouldn't be treated as a joke. It's also not a question of being a snowflake. It's simply a question of the body's response or overreaction to an allergan that the person has no control over whatsoever.

You know, it's amazing that I haven't dropped an anvil on somebody's head with all that I watched as a Young Man.

I grew up on three stooges reruns. All of my siblings are blind from me poking their eyes out.

I have a 10 year old daughter who was breast fed and who has allergies to peanuts and tree nuts. I don't think that's it. It's no laughing matter when a little kid can go anaphylactic because of exposure to a substance that's innocuous to most of the rest of us. It's not a joke and shouldn't be treated as a joke. It's also not a question of being a snowflake. It's simply a question of the body's response or overreaction to an allergan that the person has no control over whatsoever.

My wife breastfed our daughter for 12 months and then ween'd for an additional month.

Wiffle is off his rocker today.

Today? :huh:

When the peanut allergy crazy hit Doctors told parents to avoid Peanut Butter for small children. Years later they found that this was increasing the problem.

For years, parents were told that babies and peanut butter just don't mix. In fact, it was common practice to hold off introducing any nuts, including peanut butter, until kids were 3 years old. Research on the timing of introducing peanuts has had conflicting results. However, a large study in Israel, where peanuts are often introduced when babies are less than 4 months old, found that early introduction of peanut protein actually decreases the risk of developing a peanut allergy. Some studies have also found that in non-allergic expecting mothers, eating peanuts while pregnant may reduce the risk of a peanut allergy for children.

https://www.verywellfamily.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-babies-and-peanut-butter-290127

My wife breastfed our daughter for 12 months and then ween'd for an additional month.

Your wife didn't breastfeed until your daughter was 13 and it was trendy to do so. Doesn't count.