Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Vick hurt and leaves game!

Don't care that "he has paid his debt to society". Dog fighting is repulsive, but it is one thing if it is how you make money to feed your family. If you are already rich then it is a sadistic hobby with a thuggish ruggish twist in his case. Any injury he sustains is more than deserved IMO. That is all.

:thumbsup:

fock, drafted Vick 4th round and Romo 7th round and traded Romo & D Baldwin for Colston and Palmer.

In a recent draft the dude who drafted vick backed him up with rg3. Looks like i will be trading ryan sooner than i thought.

You're kidding, right? Take a closer look....it was all helmet.

Hmmm. The picture surely does not show it that way to me and none of the replays make it that way.

http://d2om8tvz4lgco4.cloudfront.net/archive/x1843772522/g12c0000000000000007d3a83924e756136c53237df361cd203828d2672.jpg

http://espn.go.com/photo/2012/0820/bos_a_cunn_cr_600.jpg

What does an unhealthy Vick do to LeSean McCoys production?

Has a negative impact. A healthy vick and his threat to run helps open holes for mccoy

I thought the hit was helmet first although it was mostly facemask. I'm sort of surprised it didn't draw a penalty, especially since the refs called a 15 yarder on Fletcher Cox on a much more routine play on the next series. Cox was a little late on his hit but he barely even pushed Mallet to the ground.

Anyway, as an Eagles fan I'm pretty frustrated with Vick. His main skill is scrambling to extend plays and running for yards, but he gets hurt when he runs. As a passer he's pretty ordinary. The man appears to be made of glass. If he gets hurt for any period of time and the Eagles miss the postseason I won't be surprised if both Reid and Vick are shown the door.

I thought the hit was helmet first although it was mostly facemask. I'm sort of surprised it didn't draw a penalty, especially since the refs called a 15 yarder on Fletcher Cox on a much more routine play on the next series. Cox was a little late on his hit but he barely even pushed Mallet to the ground.

Anyway, as an Eagles fan I'm pretty frustrated with Vick. His main skill is scrambling to extend plays and running for yards, but he gets hurt when he runs. As a passer he's pretty ordinary. The man appears to be made of glass. If he gets hurt for any period of time and the Eagles miss the postseason I won't be surprised if both Reid and Vick are shown the door.

Look up 3 posts and you will see that Cunningham's helmet was nowhere near Vick. Cox was late with his hit. That was the purpose for that call. As much as the regular refs overprotect the QB's, those calls were correct.

Just Reported......Xrays Negative!!

Bruised Ribs!!

Bruised, cracked, tomato, tomahto. Ribs are really hard to accurately xray, and a "bruise" can hurt as much anyway.

It's the same old same old with Vick. Each year we hear he's going to protect himself, slide, etc. First running play of the game? He dives head first and comes up favoring his throwing shoulder. On the play where he got injured, he doubled back in the pocket and, rather than living to fight another day, cranks up a 50 yarder in the face of the rush, exposing himself to that hit.

He knows one way to play, and it's not a style that's conducive to surviving an NFL season.

Look up 3 posts and you will see that Cunningham's helmet was nowhere near Vick. Cox was late with his hit. That was the purpose for that call. As much as the regular refs overprotect the QB's, those calls were correct.

Stills really don't tell you much. I'm willing to change my mind, but in real time it looked to me like he hit Vick with the face mask first.

The call on Cox was technically correct but sort of ticky tack IMO.

Stills really don't tell you much. I'm willing to change my mind, but in real time it looked to me like he hit Vick with the face mask first.

You can owe me MDC...

My link

It's the same old same old with Vick. Each year we hear he's going to protect himself, slide, etc. First running play of the game? He dives head first and comes up favoring his throwing shoulder. On the play where he got injured, he doubled back in the pocket and, rather than living to fight another day, cranks up a 50 yarder in the face of the rush, exposing himself to that hit.

He knows one way to play, and it's not a style that's conducive to surviving an NFL season.

I agree, but what are you going to do? The guy is only valuable because he can extend plays with his legs. Ask him not to scramble and he's a mediocre passer. And it's not like he doesn't get dinged in the pocket too. Some guys can take the hits and stay healthy, others can't. I guess we hope Foles is a capable backup and Vick's injuries are brief and happen at fortuitous times this year.

You can owe me MDC...

My link

Thanks. :cheers:

Vick is brittle no doubt and I hate sobbing about the refs, even when it appears you're getting screwed. But I was pretty shocked there was no flag on the hit. And that no call looked a lot worse after Cox gently tapped Mallet a half second after he released the ball on the next drive.

:dunno:

Thanks. :cheers:

Vick is brittle no doubt and I hate sobbing about the refs, even when it appears you're getting screwed. But I was pretty shocked there was no flag on the hit. And that no call looked a lot worse after Cox gently tapped Mallet a half second after he released the ball on the next drive.

:dunno:

Yeah, I thought it might draw a flag even though I didn't think there was anything intentional on Cunningham's part, just a bang-bang football play. With regular refs it probably gets flagged IMO.

I thought both the roughing calls on Philly were good calls. They were ticky-tack hits but clearly late.

Yeah, I thought it might draw a flag even though I didn't think there was anything intentional on Cunningham's part, just a bang-bang football play. With regular refs it probably gets flagged IMO.

I thought both the roughing calls on Philly were good calls. They were ticky-tack hits but clearly late.

I can't remember the other one. The late hit call on Cox was absolutely the right call, it just looked awful so soon after they let that hit on Vick go.

In case anyone hasn't heard the MRI and CT results, read on...

Tuesday's MRI and CT scan revealed no cartilage damage. And with that, the Eagles and their fans can breathe a collective sigh of relief."It was determined that he has a contusion of his ribs and of the soft tissue area surrounding it," a team spokesman told Philadelphia Inquirer reporter Jeff McLane.

Vick will not play Friday night in Cleveland, but he team expects him to be ready to go for its season opener on Sept. 9 in Philadelphia against those same Browns.

Health remains a major concern for Vick, who missed four games in 2010 due to injury and three more in 2011.

source: http://www.washingto...fd152_blog.html

Its crazy to think that Vick has recieved contracts that huge with his year in and year out medocrity. He can barely crack the top 10 qbs yet gets paid the most. Philly screwed up big time in my opinion. With the talent they have on that team they should easily be the best team in the NFL, yet they got nothing to show for it. Vick has had one good season in his entire career!

I still would not take Rivers. I worry about Vick and usually stay away from him. Romo? Depends upon Witten being healthy and someone stepping up. They were stupid to let Robinson go.

I guess I'm the only whose happy he got hurt now people wouldn't draft him and I'll be able to draft him. Vick is a stud IMO and health has never been a concern for my teams Stafford,DmC,Charles can play for my team any day of the week because I know of they play they will be monsters.

I guess I'm the only whose happy he got hurt now people wouldn't draft him and I'll be able to draft him. Vick is a stud IMO and health has never been a concern for my teams Stafford,DmC,Charles can play for my team any day of the week because I know of they play they will be monsters.

I'm happy he got injured now for different reasons (yeah I know that's pretty f'ed up, but this is fantasy football). His ADP is probably plummeting now, but he was picked in the 30s or 40s in my draft. There are a lot of unhappy Vick owners right now, and I'm glad I'm not one of them after being one of them last year.

I agree, but what are you going to do? The guy is only valuable because he can extend plays with his legs. Ask him not to scramble and he's a mediocre passer. And it's not like he doesn't get dinged in the pocket too. Some guys can take the hits and stay healthy, others can't. I guess we hope Foles is a capable backup and Vick's injuries are brief and happen at fortuitous times this year.

QB who extend plays sideline-to-sideline tend to do better than those that extend them by running with their backs to the line of scrimmage, then turning into the rush imo. That's always been my gripe with Vick.

The injuries aren't the problem. It's when he plays and leaves the game halfway through that kills you. Must have done that to me 6 times last year.