Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 3 - 6 Commentary - July PPR Mock 2017 **

3.02 QB Rodgers.

BPA IMO at this spot. Plus, it gives me a very formidable top player at each position to build upon for the rest of the draft. I checked on Doug's drafting last year, and could ascertain that he probably wouldn't take a QB this early so I didn't have to take Rodgers at 2.11.

....and Coach McCartney doesn't run the ball.......he passes it!

3.02 QB Rodgers.

BPA IMO at this spot. Plus, it gives me a very formidable top player at each position to build upon for the rest of the draft. I checked on Doug's drafting last year, and could ascertain that he probably wouldn't take a QB this early so I didn't have to take Rodgers at 2.11.

....and Coach McCartney doesn't run the ball.......he passes it!

Coach McCartney sings Heh Jude, now Coach McCarthy will run when he has a back.

Coach McCartney sings Heh Jude, now Coach McCarthy will run when he has a back.

Yes McCarthy doesn't know how to run an offense. Idk why he is still the coach. I would have fired him for holding Rodgers back

Well crap! There go my next two choices for my 3rd round pick. I was hoping DT would keep dropping as I feel he's incredibly underrated this year.

Yes McCarthy doesn't know how to run an offense. Idk why he is still the coach. I would have fired him for holding Rodgers back

I'm a Packer fan and I enjoyed nothing more than Favre coming back and schooling the Pack twice while a Viking! Loved it.

I see some variations, but everyone is almost staying on script with what I expected from this cadre.

The next five to seven picks are going to be rather interesting I think....

I see some variations, but everyone is almost staying on script with what I expected from this cadre.

The next five to seven picks are going to be rather interesting I think....

Did you not realize your were on the clock?

Did you not realize your were on the clock?

:first:

heading to the eye doctor. be back around 3 EST. not leaving a list as im still undecided

Man, I got so caught up in my modeling I completely lost it that I was OTC....once the picks started to stray from norm I had to go back to all my contingencies and reevaluate....lost my stuff....sigh

Man, I got so caught up in my modeling I completely lost it that I was OTC....once the picks started to stray from norm I had to go back to all my contingencies and reevaluate....lost my stuff....sigh

I expect more from a varsity letterman like yourself.

Miller was on his second page, he didn't cross him off....lol

I typically do not like to go QB this early, but the value was too enticing to pass on here. There is no reason to expect Brady to not live up to this selection spot, but there were questions (for me) at everything else available.

This does force me back to the model to make some tweaks though, come up with a new plan.

Let's see if I can catch up on my moral obligation to recap my picks:

1.01 David Johnson - Far from an easy pick for me and I went back and forth between DJ and Bell. After really splitting hairs, Bell probably isn't going to see the same kind of workload he did toward the end of last season with Bryant coming back and Conner on board, while DJ could potentially see more.

2.12 Todd Gurley - Not much explanation needed here, as workhorse RBs trump just about everything. If what we're hearing about McVay moving Gurley around the formation is true, maybe it won't be just three yards and a cloud of dust in LA.
3.01 Brandin Cooks - I was skeptical about going all-in on Cooks in the beginning, but now I'd be stunned if he's not at least a 75-catch, 10-TD guy. He can play all over the formation and I think he ends up eating into Edelman's production more than the other way around.

Well this sucks. I tried to send him a message right away. It said he was online but no response. I guess he just posted his pick quick and left.

Yes I can draft in a responsible and timely manner! (Knowing full well I have a million commitments this week...)

Me impersonating people. Did I nail it?

• Like 1

It's a good thing I have work to keep me busy while I wait for my pick. :D

I don't want to say too much because knowing my luck something will end up happening where I miss a pick sometime.

3.04 - Doug Baldwin. When I passed on WRs for Miller in the second, Baldwin was one of the group that I was eyeing for the third round. Like Miller, he isn't a sexy pick, but it's hard to argue with his production. He's been a top ten WR the last two years and the Seattle O was in some disarray last year. It should be improved with a healthy Wilson and an improved line (it can't get any worse), which should bode well for Baldwin. He's a solid WR2 to pair with Brown, with WR1 potential.

his picture is a scene from rounders.

lets jut be thankful he didn't draft emmitt smith

Yea I completely missed Miller going picked while at a rest stop and didn't look back

Concentrate.......I think you can actually make your next pick if you do.

Still sticking with my BPA strategy and took Allen Robinson. Certainly not my favorite pick but he is the WR1 on his team and has proved he can put up big numbers.

Now that this section of the round has unfolded I can speak to it a bit.

There are stretches in every draft where a range of picks feels like a punch to the gut, this 3.06 to 3.12 is that range for me.

My model created several scenarios for this stretch and they all made me wince, having to choose the likes of Lynch, Allen and even Gronk at these spots feels like a fail, these spots should bring far more value than they ultimately will....

I would suggest that anyone actually picking in this range try to trade out of it in their actual league drafts and see what else can be found.

Dambit nuts......frickin Ware was supposed to drop to me, crap.....that was not expected....but the right spot to take him for sure, I was positive he would be overlooked....

Tyreek Hill's upside is off the charts at this spot. I would have taken him over a few of the receivers who were selected before him.

I would have probably paired him with Brady if he had lasted this long.

I debated selecting two receivers at this spot, but I felt that would limit me on some of my value picks at receiver later in the draft. Ware is the highest upside back left by a good margin for me, so I had to take him. I understand why people are skiddish. His 2nd half numbers were not impressive.

I think a lot of his regression was due to defenses keying on him. He still ran tough with good vision for the little room he had. I don't see how a coach can watch how much effort he put in and then bench him for a rookie. Plus I believe he is a much better receiver than given credit for. Probably the most baffling thing, besides pulling him for tiny Charcandrick I Suck West at the goal line, was his limited usage in the pass game.

A big FU goes out to Alex Smith for severely limiting the offense. He is so mistake adverse that it holds the offense back as a whole. The Chiefs should have many more scoring chances than they do with all of their offensive options. So it is risky to put so many eggs in the KC offensive basket, but I have to go with upside combined with pure talent, my own scale of talent.

Dambit nuts......frickin Ware was supposed to drop to me, crap.....that was not expected....but the right spot to take him for sure, I was positive he would be overlooked....

Yes his ado suggests he should have dropped further. I just couldn't find any more upside from what was left on the board.

Tyreek Hill has some red flags for me which doesn't mean I won't have him on my radar but likely means he won't be on any if my redraft teams. I'm curious how he will fare as a teams "number 1" WR (number 2 receiving threat). A lot of his hype, deserved hype, came on returns which he will no longer be handling (at least kickoffs from what I have read) and I woild expect his punt returns to be scaled back as well. This can be seen as a good thing by most fantasy owners, however it makes up part of a large role change and that is what concerns me mst with Hill.

Alshon Jeffery is darn good value at 4.02, love that pick at that spot. I think he may struggle for a few weeks, but eventually he will enter stud mode, could perform at the same level as a high round 2 level pick...

I am gonna ask Hawkeye to explain Tate being taken this early, I want to hear your thought process....

I strayed off of my list just a tad here and went with Tate. I had a couple WRs slightly higher than him but they just seemed to high for me and I want a guy that is the team's WR1 and has proved he can put up big numbers. So far I'm happy with my start as I am glad I don't have to pick any RBs in these rounds but still like a lot of WRs.