3.23-

4.24-

5.24-

6.23-

7.24-

7.33-

7.39-

7.41-

Bengals - Here's hoping for any combo of DeCastro, Stephon Gilmore, Dre Kirkpatrick or Kendall Wright

Browns - 1.a Richardson; 1.b Wright or Hill; 2. Massie or maybe Adams; 3. LB Zach Brown(probably have trade back into 2nd to get him).

Latest rumor is Blackmon and Martin if he is there at 22. I'd personally go with Richardson.

can someone explain why cleveland traded up 1 pick to take a player the vikings were not going to?

only thing i can think is minnesota forced their hand and told them someone else was trading up to 3 unless they offered a better package?

Tampa Bay was rumored to trade up with Minnesota so that's why Cleveland assured themselves they got Richardson.

Hey Bengals.... It's spelled, David DeCastro, turn the pick in!

Guess they figured it was too much of a drop off from Kirkpatrick to the rest of the field. Happy with the pick either way. Very good chance they get DeCastro at 21. If that happens, trade all of those 5th rounders to move up in the 2nd.

Guess they figured it was too much of a drop off from Kirkpatrick to the rest of the field. Happy with the pick either way. Very good chance they get DeCastro at 21.

With Gilmore off the board, that must've been their thinking. I'm worried Chicago takes him...

Oh hell yeah Steelers, David DeCastro at that spot?! Hell, it's a successful draft already. :overhead:

Oh hell yeah Steelers, David DeCastro at that spot?! Hell, it's a successful draft already. :overhead:

I could've cared less where DeCastro landed, until tonight.... Fockin Steelers! Nice pick for you guys, but I loathe the pick! Dammit Marvin & Co.

I could've cared less where DeCastro landed, until tonight.... Fockin Steelers! Nice pick for you guys, but I loathe the pick! Dammit Marvin & Co.

I'm ok with it for one reason. I've heard 2 'experts' say that DeCastro might struggle with bigger/more physical d-linemen. I've heard the opposite with Zietler. With both being in the AFC North, guess we'll see.

Wish list for the Bengals in the next couple of rounds

WR Reuben Randle

WR Mohamed Sanu

WR Marvin Jones

WR DeVier Posey (will drop to late 3rd or 4th)

RB Lamar Miller

RB Isaiah Pead

RB LaMichael James

RB Robert Turbin

S Trenton Robinson

S Brandon Hardin (if he's healthy)

DT - Kendall Reyes

DT - Jerel Worthy

G/C/T - Cordy Glenn

Jonathan Martin

Peter Konz

Mike Brewster

Wish list for the Bengals in the next couple of rounds

WR Reuben Randle

WR Mohamed Sanu

WR Marvin Jones

WR DeVier Posey (will drop to late 3rd or 4th)

RB Lamar Miller

RB Isaiah Pead

RB LaMichael James

RB Robert Turbin

S Trenton Robinson

S Brandon Hardin (if he's healthy)

DT - Kendall Reyes

DT - Jerel Worthy

G/C/T - Cordy Glenn

Jonathan Martin

Peter Konz

Mike Brewster

I'm a Rutgers Alumni, so I hope the Bengals take Sanu if he's available in the 2nd. He's a big-bodied possession receiver, & broke Fitzgerald's Big East receptions record this past season.

2nd round has a lot of possibilities in it.

The Bengals got great value with picking up Devon Still, DT out of Penn St. He'll fit right into the defensive line rotation that Mike Zimmer likes to use.

Time to address the WR or RB position in the 3rd round with 2 picks to use.

After a most fortune drop to get DeCastro (a top 10 talent who plays the low-valued G position), the Steelers follow with another drop to get a LT capable player in Adams. He's not my favorite player, but LTs are hard to come by. If DeCastro played LT, he'd be a top 5 pick.

But in the third I think the Steelers whiffed!! They could have taken NT Ta'amu from Washington and had the heir to Hampton, but they went with a LB who will NEVER play LB for the Steelers in Shawn Spence from da U. At 6-0, 220 he's a SS. Can he move from LB to S? We'll see 'cause he ain't playin' no LB in a 3-4 that's fo sho! (UM speak there)

Well Browns threw a curveball in the 2nd but still like the pick over Massie, then going with another dt? oh well..now Would like to see them address the WR plz!

Page...from Toledo, slot

Streeter... from Miami

As for a olb...R. Lewis from Oklahoma

then best available CB.

I think the Bengals have done very well through the first 3 rounds of the draft.

The only thing I question was passing on DeCastro when he was available at #21. They got Zeitler at #27 & gained an extra 3rd rounder in trading back but I hope they don't regret passing on DeCastro since he fell into the Steelers lap.

Devon Still & Brandon Thompson will fill great rotational roles on Mike Zimmer's defensive line. Not to mention AJ Green got a running mate in Mohamed Sanu in the 3rd round.

The Bengals need to address the running back position tomorrow hopefully with a Lamar Miller or Chris Polk. Overall, I really like this draft!

But in the third I think the Steelers whiffed!! They could have taken NT Ta'amu from Washington and had the heir to Hampton, but they went with a LB who will NEVER play LB for the Steelers in Shawn Spence from da U. At 6-0, 220 he's a SS. Can he move from LB to S? We'll see 'cause he ain't playin' no LB in a 3-4 that's fo sho! (UM speak there)

What makes you say this? That's what he was drafted for. :dunno:

What makes you say this? That's what he was drafted for. :dunno:

What makes you say that that was what he was drafted for?

The Steelers themselves said he will NOT play OLB and will be the backup to Timmons at ILB. You spend a third on a backup? A guy who has very limited chance to start at that position? No.

Now, I've seen Spence play many times and the guy is special. He's all over the place! He's very much like Troy. He's 5-11/6-0 and got his weight up to 230. If he maybe trimmed down a bit and improved his 4.65 speed, I'd say he's a great candidate to be groomed at SS. Troy can't play forever (and is often hurt) and some guy named Lake seemed to have done alright for himself at SS after a move from college LB.

But the guy can't play OLB and will never see the field for any real PT unless Timmons is hurt.

And now the Steelers make the VERY rare move of moving up to take Ta'amu! Awesome.

In theory, they have the eventual replacements for both Troy and Hampton.

Now if they can just get a CB like Denard, Minnifield, or Boykin and I'll be extremely happy.

The Bengals got some great value in the last day of the draft.

Orson Charles is a little smaller than the new-age tight end, but is an excellent blocker & could be interesting to see lined up with Gresham in two-TE sets.

Marvin Jones in the 5th was an absolute steal! This pick can allow Sanu to move into the slot where he'd be much more effective as the possession receiver we needed after Shipley went down last year.

George Iloka was another pick that addressed a need at safety. He's fairly large for the position at 6'4" & 225 pounds, but possesses good ball skills. Hopefully he can contribute on special teams as a rookie & develop into a solid playmaker down the line.

The big surprise was the announcement that the Bengals agreed to a contract with the troubled Vontaze Burfict after the draft concluded. He'll probably be cut during camp but if the defensive coaching staff can motivate him, this move could pay dividends.

I'd rate the Bengals draft somewhere in the A-/B+ range, but still upset they let DeCastro get by in the 1st round.

There were multiple points in this draft where I was starting to get disappointed. But then something would happen a few picks later to bring me back. For example, I'm shaking my head when Still gets drafted instead of Reuben Randle, but the Bengals ended up getting Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu later on...2 guys I liked. Another example, I couldn't believe they passed up on DeCastro to gain a 3rd round pick. But then I hear/read nothing but positives about Zeitler, with Mayock tossing in a negative about DeCastro struggling with bigger men. Overall, this draft is definitely an A for me. They addressed every hole on the team, and got great value with most of the picks. If one of Jones or Sanu end up being that missing piece at WR2, then it jumps up to an A+

There were multiple points in this draft where I was starting to get disappointed. But then something would happen a few picks later to bring me back. For example, I'm shaking my head when Still gets drafted instead of Reuben Randle, but the Bengals ended up getting Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu later on...2 guys I liked. Another example, I couldn't believe they passed up on DeCastro to gain a 3rd round pick. But then I hear/read nothing but positives about Zeitler, with Mayock tossing in a negative about DeCastro struggling with bigger men. Overall, this draft is definitely an A for me. They addressed every hole on the team, and got great value with most of the picks. If one of Jones or Sanu end up being that missing piece at WR2, then it jumps up to an A+

The more I read about Zeitler, the more impressed with him I become. Thankfully they used the 3rd rounder they gained from trading back with New England by selecting the promising Brandon Thompson from Clemson.

Only time will tell if passing on DeCastro to select Zeitler & Thompson was worth it, but I'm growing more confident that Marvin & his staff made a smart choice with this move.

In regards to Sanu & Jones, I think we got exceptional value here. Gruden is gonna have fun calling up plays for all the young play makers his offense has now.

The more I read about Zeitler, the more impressed with him I become. Thankfully they used the 3rd rounder they gained from trading back with New England by selecting the promising Brandon Thompson from Clemson.

Only time will tell if passing on DeCastro to select Zeitler & Thompson was worth it, but I'm growing more confident that Marvin & his staff made a smart choice with this move.

In regards to Sanu & Jones, I think we got exceptional value here. Gruden is gonna have fun calling up plays for all the young play makers his offense has now.

FWIW, in the FFT mock draft I made the Steelers selection and took Zeitler @ 24 with no hesitation. Guy is just a road paver. I'd have been very happy with them getting him @ 24 on Thursday, but I'd still rather have Decastro. His football accumen is thru the roof. But, even from the perspective of a division foe, I have to admit the Bengals has a pretty strong draft.

From the Steelers perspective, I struggle with drafting BPA vs drafting for need, but in this case, they accomplished both. I get excited just thinking about the possibility of having Pouncey, Gilbert, DeCastro and Big Mike Adams on the front line. That's two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders protecting Ben and a young core that could be together for another 8 years (if contracts break right). Adding Spence and Ta'amu are great picks as well, Next year the draft focus will likely be on the defensive side and the only glaring hole the Steelers have going forward is CB and depth @ Safety. All in all I feel like the AFC North teams all had pretty good drafts.

FWIW, in the FFT mock draft I made the Steelers selection and took Zeitler @ 24 with no hesitation. Guy is just a road paver. I'd have been very happy with them getting him @ 24 on Thursday, but I'd still rather have Decastro. His football accumen is thru the roof. But, even from the perspective of a division foe, I have to admit the Bengals has a pretty strong draft.

From the Steelers perspective, I struggle with drafting BPA vs drafting for need, but in this case, they accomplished both. I get excited just thinking about the possibility of having Pouncey, Gilbert, DeCastro and Big Mike Adams on the front line. That's two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders protecting Ben and a young core that could be together for another 8 years (if contracts break right). Adding Spence and Ta'amu are great picks as well, Next year the draft focus will likely be on the defensive side and the only glaring hole the Steelers have going forward is CB and depth @ Safety. All in all I feel like the AFC North teams all had pretty good drafts.

I do remember you picking Zeitler there as well. The Steelers picks of DeCastro & Adams were both great value/need based picks. Ta'amu looks to be the heir apparent to Casey Hampton as well. I hate to admit but the Steelers had a pretty good draft as well.

Not often you see a Bengals fan agreeing with a Steelers fan!

I do remember you picking Zeitler there as well. The Steelers picks of DeCastro & Adams were both great value/need based picks. Ta'amu looks to be the heir apparent to Casey Hampton as well. I hate to admit but the Steelers had a pretty good draft as well.

Not often you see a Bengals fan agreeing with a Steelers fan!

:cheers: