Sign in to follow this  
KOTN14

Carlton Mitchell

Thought I would start a thread on Browns rookie WR Carlton Mitchell, who has been practicing well this week and could be in line to play quite a bit on Sunday.

First off all, this is way too soon to pick him up in 10-12 team leagues. But those in 14-16 team leagues that are hurting at WR due to lack of depth or bye weeks may want to keep an eye on this situation through the weekend.

Like this week's hot WW pickup Danario Alexander, Mitchell has the size-speed combo that teams drool over. He's 6-3, 215 pounds and runs a 4.4 40. Unlike Alexander, he is very raw and that is what made him a 6th round pick. He's still semi-new to football and doesn't have great hands and he's still learning how to run precise routes. So there are some glaring red flags. But watching him in preseason he showed some flashes of being able to be a solid NFL receiver. Plus, he and McCoy may have some rapport with each other because prior to this week they were sharing 3rd team reps at practice.

He could easily go out and drop a couple of passes and not do anything and get buried again on the depth chart. But with McCoy looking like a viable NFL quarterback last week and Mitchell's physical talents, there is a chance he could hold some value if he goes out and performs well this week. Unfortunately, the Browns are on a bye next week, so unless somebody rolls the dice on him this week, he won't have any value until Week 9.

For this week, I could see Robiskie or Stuckey having a good fantasy day with Cribbs and Massaquoi likely out, NO's top corners likely out & the Browns likely playing from behind all day long.

Browns homer here. I would be shocked if Mitchell does anything at all. He doesnt have good hands and he isn't the best route runner. Robiskie and Stuckey would be the only viable WR options in the Browns anemic passing offense. TE Evan Moore or Ben Watson would be worth a pickup if avaialble though.

No Cleveland WR is fanatsy relevant. ;)

Totally agree......Watson & Moore, though, should end up getting most of the targets. Throw in Hillis, as well. I just don't see much from any WR anytime soon.