Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

T-Giving cover charge

Some families have leeches that show up empty handed, consume all they can, drink all the expensive alcohol and treat the house like it's the sh!thole they live in (cig butts flicked in yard, no use of coasters, etc.....). My wife has family like that.......thankfully she stopped inviting them. On my side, I just don't bother with that type to begin with.

I'm old school on this topic, don't offer to host if you aren't covering the cost of dinner. My family is pretty much BYOB, so alcohol has ever been an issue.

We almost always host and we tell people to bring something if they want. There have been times when some of the young adults have shown up empty handed, but they've never been careless with our house.

We almost always host and we tell people to bring something if they want. There have been times when some of the young adults have shown up empty handed, but they've never been careless with our house.

They're the same ones man that you invite to dinner and they know you're picking up the tab so they immediately start asking how the most expensive dish is prepared.

Wouldn’t even show up. Host pays, people bring stuff, it’s just how it is. I understand some people can’t afford to feed eleventy people and that’s fine, just don’t host. Or announce it as potluck from the get go.

• Like 1

Wouldnt even show up. Host pays, people bring stuff, its just how it is. I understand some people cant afford to feed eleventy people and thats fine, just dont host. Or announce it as potluck from the get go.

Yup