Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Courts love foreigners - Trump's new travel ban blocked Nationwide by Hawaii courts

There are other courts that will give opinions on it soon too (Washington State has one coming up too)

can't wait til Washington State will be affected by that loss of world class Muslim students

can't wait til Washington State will be affected by that loss of world class Muslim students

Who will they get to be on the Suicide Vest Relay team?

despite the fact there are virtually no Muslims in Hawaii they feel like they are made up of immigrants and are going to stand up to trump.

What do you mean Hawaiians "feel like" they are made up of immigrants? Hawaii has one of the highest % of immigrant population in the country.

And didn't the administration argue this wasn't about Muslims?

There are other courts that will give opinions on it soon too (Washington State has one coming up too)

He states that like it brings some validity to it. As if their reasons for bringing a lawsuit have any merit whatsoever.Tourism? Fockin please. It's the reason to get the issue before the court and get their pre-determined outcome, from an activist judge in an activist circuit. Slownuff thinks it's some sort of justice driven campaign, not the obstructionist charade it really is.

And didn't the administration argue this wasn't about Muslims?

How many countries are majority Muslim? How many countries are on the banzored list?

He is an activist hack.

That is not a reasonable, objective conclusion. Are you aware that Hawaii in the past 14+ years has welcomed a total of 5 refugees from Middle Eastern countries? 1 Iranian and 4 Iraqis. None from Syria.

I'd also argue that it is not disfavoring a religion per se, but countries with a religious culture which have proven to be a risk to America. But that may be too deep for you. :dunno:

In practical terms, how do you distinguish religion from "religious culture"?

And those positions (other than time spent on the couch sleeping off a xanax and/or prozac) would be batsh!t crazy........liberal non-taxpayer.......Trump basher Exalted Cyclops (with clusters)........Newbie spooner.

I think I gave you too much credit thinking you were 15.

How many countries are majority Muslim? How many countries are on the banzored list?

What percentage of Muslims in the restricted countries are radicalized? How often do immigrant Muslims perpetuate acts of terror?

What percentage of Muslims in the restricted countries are radicalized? How often do immigrant Muslims perpetuate acts of terror?

Very often. Check out Europe.

He is an activist hack.

That is not a reasonable, objective conclusion. Are you aware that Hawaii in the past 14+ years has welcomed a total of 5 refugees from Middle Eastern countries? 1 Iranian and 4 Iraqis. None from Syria.

I'd also argue that it is not disfavoring a religion per se, but countries with a religious culture which have proven to be a risk to America. But that may be too deep for you. :dunno:

You realize his job as a federal judge isn't just to deal with just Hawaii in and of itself right?

And that an opinion based on the suit filed doesn't make one an activist. And you disagreeing with him doesn't make him a hack either.

And these countries have proven to be a risk? Yet countries where actual terrorists came from aren't on the list?

Seriously...what the Fock happened to you to drive you over to the loony side of the right?

The state...not the university.

Others will rule as well.

Do you even understand how the legal system works?

That's not the argument to block the order. The argument is that it's a ban on Muslims which if you answer the questions correctly it clearly isn't.

The countries on the list are broken, making it impossible to do a legit background check. Why is that so hard to figure out?

Quit trolling here. Next thing you know you'll be PMing me.

Iv been discussing the topic...you are slinging ignorance and lies. The only one trolling is you.

I heard a Congressman say there might be calls for Impeaching these judges if they try to block this order. I hope so...........drain the Federal Court Swamp.

The House could impeach these judges but that does not remove them from office (Bill Clinton was impeached). To remove them from office requires 2/3 of the Senate and that isn't happening.

The House could impeach these judges but that does not remove them from office (Bill Clinton was impeached). To remove them from office requires 2/3 of the Senate and that isn't happening.

That and threatening judges like that is pretty piss poor.

You realize his job as a federal judge isn't just to deal with just Hawaii in and of itself right?

And that an opinion based on the suit filed doesn't make one an activist. And you disagreeing with him doesn't make him a hack either.

And these countries have proven to be a risk? Yet countries where actual terrorists came from aren't on the list?

Seriously...what the Fock happened to you to drive you over to the loony side of the right?

Umm... your argument for his standing for his "scathing rebuke" was the harm to the state of Hawaii. :dunno:

Also you completely disregarded my comment that Hawaii has accepted virtually no refugees from the Middle East, so what exactly is their standing?

And you keep concluding with comments about me becoming a loon, but you consistently avoid the substance of my posts, so I'm not really sure how to respond.

Well, making sh!t up when it's constitutionally sound isn't what they're there for.

It'll go to the SCOTUS and I hope they impeach the judges.

In practical terms, how do you distinguish religion from "religious culture"?

I don't, I distinguish religion from "religious culture which has proven to be a threat to America", which are the werds I posted. HTH.

dont think Univ of Hawaii is recruiting tons of top talent to their world renowned University, much less Muslims

All I know about the University of Hawaii is that Sarah Palin went there. And she was ridiculed for doing so, as apparently it's just a party school or something. But NOW it matters. ROFLMAO at the Libs.

Umm... your argument for his standing for his "scathing rebuke" was the harm to the state of Hawaii. :dunno:

Also you completely disregarded my comment that Hawaii has accepted virtually no refugees from the Middle East, so what exactly is their standing?

And you keep concluding with comments about me becoming a loon, but you consistently avoid the substance of my posts, so I'm not really sure how to respond.

And Jerryskids wins another thread for the most part.

I dont think it's appropriate to impeach a judge for actually making a judgement but this is the new Trump republicanism and nothing they do will surprise me.

Woody Harrelsons father killed a federal judge. Allegedly.

but this is the new Trump republicanism and nothing they do will surprise me.

Troof.

The times, they are a changing. I just hope it turns out for the better for all of us.

I don't, I distinguish religion from "religious culture which has proven to be a threat to America", which are the werds I posted. HTH.

OK Mr. wordsmith. In practical terms, how do you distinguish those two?

Very often. Check out Europe.

Puh-leeze. The correct answer is: almost never. Seldom enough that the immigration restrictions are unwarranted at best, bigoted and unconstitutional at worst.

That's not the argument to block the order. The argument is that it's a ban on Muslims which if you answer the questions correctly it clearly isn't.

So are you arguing the ban has nothing to do with the religious beliefs of the people impacted? Or whatever BS euphemism Jerry is using?

Puh-leeze. The correct answer is: almost never. Seldom enough that the immigration restrictions are unwarranted at best, bigoted and unconstitutional at worst.

Funniest part is the fake outrage from the left. You guys don't give two sh!ts about anything other than denying Trump from doing anything.

So the EU doesn't have a terrorism/crime problem with their refugee population? You are actually denying they do?

So are you arguing the ban has nothing to do with the religious beliefs of the people impacted? Or whatever BS euphemism Jerry is using?

I'm saying if it were truly a ban on Muslims, ALL countries that had a majority of Muslims would be included.

Let's assume Trump is targeting a religion. Does it matter? Is it your assertion that people who aren't citizens enjoy constitutional protections when trying to immigrate to the U.S.?

You blame it on bigotry, yet no one is complaining or concerned about the immigrants from India or the various chineseses that come to the U.S. Why's that?

Funniest part is the fake outrage from the left. You guys don't give two sh!ts about anything other than denying Trump from doing anything.

I'm not outraged, I just think the ban is misguided and discriminatory. I guess we'll see if the courts agree.

You blame it on bigotry, yet no one is complaining or concerned about the immigrants from India or the various chineseses that come to the U.S. Why's that?

Dunno, im not concerned about restricting any immigrants, inasmuch as we cannot identify/avoid prospective terrorists with such tactics.

Dunno, im not concerned about restricting any immigrants, inasmuch as we cannot identify/avoid prospective terrorists with such tactics.

So we can't apply any sort of protections or screenings for immigrants? Just let them all in?

So the EU doesn't have a terrorism/crime problem with their refugee population? You are actually denying they do?

Acknowledging a problem and agreeing with the proposed "solution" are two different things.

When did I say that?

You said you're not concerned with restricting any immigrants, that it doesn't work. As if you know what does and doesn't work.

Let's assume Trump is targeting a religion. Does it matter? Is it your assertion that people who aren't citizens enjoy constitutional protections when trying to immigrate to the U.S.?

Not exactly, but the HI court seems to arguing the order violates the first amendment, right? Again, let's see what the courts decide.