Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

"Paul McQuistan - G - Seahawks Seahawks re-signed OG Paul McQuistan.

With Robert Gallery gone, McQuistan is needed for depth. He started 10 games a year ago and is capable of playing both guard and tackle. Source: Danny O'Neil on Twitter Mar 14 - 9:27 Pm

Robert Gallery - G - Seahawks Seahawks released OL Robert Gallery.

Gallery was signed to a three-year, $15 million after the lockout broke. But a groin injury kept him out of four games early in the year and he never seemed to recover. The move saves the Seahawks $4.6 million against the cap and they could be looking at old friend Steve Hutchinson as a replacement at left guard."

I wonder if Carpenter can play left guard?

I had thought McQuistan was already signed for next year, so I'm happy he is back. He played pretty well, all things considered.

I don't know about cutting Gallery. I guess it saves cap money. But he was hurt nearly the entire year last year. I don't think we really got a chance at any point to see what he can do. Carpenter isn't going to play any time soon, thank God; and is Moffit going to be ready? Why are we so anxious in cutting talented veteran offensive linemen? Is Hutchinson an upgrade? What does he have left?

I was just wondering the same thing. Replacing Gallery with Hutch would be an awesome short-term move. Dude is filthy and I'm sure he and Cable would love to work together. McQuistan is good, capable depth.

Nothing flashy so far, but we're keeping the guys we need to keep.

When I first heard about a possable switch to guard for Carpenter. I thought it was just to move over to RG. And I liked Moffitts progress, so I just disregarded what I heard. But maybe they were actually talking about LG and I just didn't realise it?

As far as I can tell, visiting or will visit:

Matt Flynn

Jason Jones

Steve Hutchinson

Visanthe Shiancoe

Chad Henne signed with Jacksonville. Erase his name off our list.

Very happy he is gone! Thank goodness

Very happy he is gone! Thank goodness

Because of that signing, Flynn is visiting Seattle today instead of Friday. So far, this is the only scheduled visit with any team that he has.

Because of that signing, Flynn is visiting Seattle today instead of Friday. So far, this is the only scheduled visit with any team that he has.

I think Flynn was always scheduled to visit today. They said Thurs night through Friday originally. What did they push up?

I think Hawks sign him. And I'll be the first one to be very happy about it.

The Matt Flynn "gamble" won't work either. OBTW they had Blaine Gabbert rated as the # 1 QB in last year's draft, that tells all you need to know about how they scout and value QBs. Enjoy 7-9, again.

So please, explain to me how Matt Flynn won't work? And HOW it's even a gamble?

Kolb cost Arizona picks and a top tier player plus a HUGE contract. Flynn is just money, and I'm sure the contract will be a smart one if signed.

Have you watched Flynn play? Not just the 2 games, but preseason as well as the Minn game. Did you see the NE game where they blitzed the heck out of him and he was leading comeback after comeback drives.

Did you watch Kolb play in Phily? The guy could not lead for anything and threw as many INT's as TD's. He could not get out of the pocket and fumbled it away on sacks. Holds the ball to long and doesn't use his progressions very well.

I don't see how the Flynn/Kolb comparison is remotely close to the same as so many people are saying.

I'm all in for Flynn! It's not a high risk move. Worse case if he doesn't turn out because of his limited NFL time, then we can still look to the draft for future. (T. Jack as short term backup plan)

P.S. - I heard Locker was the Hawks #1 last year... But, I also think they made these statements based on "who" they thought was going to be available at there pick. NOT #1 overall QB in the draft.

Pretty sure they knew Newton would be gone.

It's not always easy to find you're franchise QB though. MANY teams can't find it. There are many busts out there. And you also have to have some peaces in the puzzle to help them succeed.

Really? You were in the Hawks' war room? Fascinating.

Even if he was, it doesn't mean they had a 1st rd grade on him.

Even if they did have a 1st rd grade, so did a ton of teams.

Troll.

When facts and reality slap you in the face, resort to name calling. I guess we need fans with pure blind faith though.

So please, explain to me how Matt Flynn won't work? And HOW it's even a gamble?

Kolb cost Arizona picks and a top tier player plus a HUGE contract. Flynn is just money, and I'm sure the contract will be a smart one if signed.

Have you watched Flynn play? Not just the 2 games, but preseason as well as the Minn game. Did you see the NE game where they blitzed the heck out of him and he was leading comeback after comeback drives.

Did you watch Kolb play in Phily? The guy could not lead for anything and threw as many INT's as TD's. He could not get out of the pocket and fumbled it away on sacks. Holds the ball to long and doesn't use his progressions very well.

I don't see how the Flynn/Kolb comparison is remotely close to the same as so many people are saying.

I'm all in for Flynn! It's not a high risk move. Worse case if he doesn't turn out because of his limited NFL time, then we can still look to the draft for future. (T. Jack as short term backup plan)

P.S. - I heard Locker was the Hawks #1 last year... But, I also think they made these statements based on "who" they thought was going to be available at there pick. NOT #1 overall QB in the draft.

Pretty sure they knew Newton would be gone.

It's not always easy to find you're franchise QB though. MANY teams can't find it. There are many busts out there. And you also have to have some peaces in the puzzle to help them succeed.

Geez where to start. I'll go from bottom to top.

1- I never said getting a franchise QB was easy. I said PC/JS do not hacve very good skills at evaluating and valuing QBs (See Charlie Whitehurst and T Jackson and possibly Matt Flynn).

2- Locker was not their # 1 QB. That is fact. Do some research.

3- So you are all in for Flynn but the Hawks can look to the draft for the future? That makes no sense. They are not getting a franchise QB at #12, much less in rds 2-4. Unless you see Kirk Cousins, or Brock Osweiler as franchise Qbs. I do not.

4- I never compared Kolb to Flynn.

5- Go look at Flynn's numbers vs NE in the 1st half and then look at his numbers in the 2nd half. Radically different. Why? Because Belichick stopoped blitizing in the 2nd half.

Matt Flynn is a middle of the road QB with a mediocre arm and no experience. You sign a mediocre QB, you get mediocre results. You get what we have had the past two seasons- 7-9. This team had two options, let the team hit rock bottom to get an Andrew Luck or RG 3, or do what the Redskins did and make a block buster move. They have done neither and are hoping to find a needle in a haystack. Good luck with that. Now I know there are those going on and on about how PC/JS are building up the rest of the team yada yada yada, but this is a QB driven league and without a stud at QB, this team will stay mediocre.

Geez where to start. I'll go from bottom to top.

1- I never said getting a franchise QB was easy. I said PC/JS do not hacve very good skills at evaluating and valuing QBs (See Charlie Whitehurst and T Jackson and possibly Matt Flynn).

2- Locker was not their # 1 QB. That is fact. Do some research.

3- So you are all in for Flynn but the Hawks can look to the draft for the future? That makes no sense. They are not getting a franchise QB at #12, much less in rds 2-4. Unless you see Kirk Cousins, or Brock Osweiler as franchise Qbs. I do not.

4- I never compared Kolb to Flynn.

5- Go look at Flynn's numbers vs NE in the 1st half and then look at his numbers in the 2nd half. Radically different. Why? Because Belichick stopoped blitizing in the 2nd half.

Matt Flynn is a middle of the road QB with a mediocre arm and no experience. You sign a mediocre QB, you get mediocre results. You get what we have had the past two seasons- 7-9. This team had two options, let the team hit rock bottom to get an Andrew Luck or RG 3, or do what the Redskins did and make a block buster move. They have done neither and are hoping to find a needle in a haystack. Good luck with that. Now I know there are those going on and on about how PC/JS are building up the rest of the team yada yada yada, but this is a QB driven league and without a stud at QB, this team will stay mediocre.

Point 1 - I somewhat agree with you. I think they screwed up on Whitehurst bad. They gave up WAY to much "draft picks" / "high cost" for such a unproven guy that did not do anything. Preseason or Regular season.

T. Jackson came in cheap though and allowed us at the time to get more big names guy's. He was the backup plan to Whitehurst at a cheap cost. That was a cheap gamble and I don't think they evaluated anything other then some raw talent. He did better then expected actually.

I don't fault them for that move. Plus Bevel/him was a good fit.

Point 2 - I don't really care that much actually. Just saying what I "thought" I heard about Locker. I'm not sure how you know this unless you're in there war room though. You're just listening to media/blogs/etc. - Same where I heard Locker.

Regardless - I admit to there struggles in finding a franchise QB. Locker might not even be one. They are rare to find. Something you agree with.

Point 3 - I did NOT say to draft one at #12 if we sign Flynn. There is NOT a franchise QB at #12 that I see. I said you can draft a QB later in the draft (With Flynn) and hope to "groom" them into a Franchise QB. And Snieder is on record as saying this is a plan he likes to do. "Draft one every year".

Also, what I meant is "IF" Flynn were to not work out - Next year or year after you can then package you're draft picks and move up for that franchise QB in the draft or whatever or try and land one in the 1st. That could still be a fall back plan. That is what I meant. It's not to say I don't believe in Flynn. I personally do. This was a worst case showing you no risk move to simply sign Flynn.

We were NEVER going to beat out Washington this year for RG3 and I'm not sure he's worth it anyway. But, what I'm saying is in the mean time see if it's Flynn.

Point 4 - You did not compare Kolb to Flynn - Correct. I don't think I said you did. I said most other people do. I wanted to get you're take on why you don't like him? Reason's he can't become a franchise QB? And if you also treat him as a Kolb?

Point 5 - This is where you are completely wrong! You need to go back at look at the tape and box scores, etc.

I in fact, went back to look again, and this is some thoughts:

-First of all, that was his first basic start. (2010 year, not last year vs Detroit where he's improving even more)

He's actually improved QB rating every year, etc.

-Second, you said he stopped blitzing in the 2nd half? That proves my point.

He was winning the game in the first half 17-14. He threw 2 TD's. In fact, they were up 17-7 on NE before the half closed.

And, this is with NE blitzing like crazy. I agree with you that they were.

It was Brady and his comeback that won that day, nothing to do with Flynn's play. Flynn played great.

-Flynn also threw another TD in the 2nd half of that game to reclaim the lead. Then led another drive for another score (FG) to further add to the damage. It was then Brady and his come back that eventually won it, but Flynn put together another last drive that almost won it for them. He did throw a pick, but it was an impressive drive.

I still did not see NE back off that much though - Since when does NE ever back off?

-Last point is that there is not allot of tape on Flynn.... I understand there is risk, that he might not become a franchise QB. But, no risk to give it a try other then some of the free money that we have to spend.

But, there is NO proof whatsoever to say he won't be a franchise QB. And him putting up 400+ yards and 6 TD's shows that he has the tools. I think he could be that franchise QB, and I want them to take the money risk. (Not giving up picks like Arizona did for Kolb)

Also, I've watched his preseason games and I like what I saw. In limited time against Minn. he looked good.

The hostage negotiation fell through and Mario Williams signed with Buffalo after a week in their dungeon. 6 years, $100 million, $50 million guaranteed. That's a whole lotta moolah. Wow. Yeah, that's a contract I'd rather not give out and then hamstring yourself for any other future moves. Buffalo is going to lose free agents over the next few years; they simply won't be able to sign people.

I don't know about cutting Gallery. I guess it saves cap money. But he was hurt nearly the entire year last year. I don't think we really got a chance at any point to see what he can do. Carpenter isn't going to play any time soon, thank God; and is Moffit going to be ready? Why are we so anxious in cutting talented veteran offensive linemen? Is Hutchinson an upgrade? What does he have left?

What does Hutchinson have left? Well, she certainly retains the ability to sh!t on Seahawk fans. She couldn't wait to get out of town the first time around. Then, she gets cut. So, she sneaks back into town, makes nice with the new guys in charge, gets some negotiating leverage with Tennessee, and scrams out of town like the backstabber that she is. Manning and Hutchinson are good friends. Awwww, isn't that sweet.

- I see you two all the time, you're thick as thieves, you are. He musta said *something*.

- Honest, phillybear, not a word.

- Lord, it's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind! Nothing left but some damn rocks on the windowsill. And that cupcake on the wall! Let's ask her, maybe she knows. What say you there, fuzzy-britches? Feel like talking? Aw, guess not. Why should she be any different? This is a conspiracy, that's what it is. One... big... damn conspiracy! And everyone's in on it, including *her*!

[Throws a rock at the poster, the rock goes right through it and they hear it clattering. phillybear puts his arm through the torn poster and rips it away from the wall, revealing Hutchinson's escape tunnel]

Now that the Dolphins are making a play for Flynn, it's back to signing nobody and working on our draft boards.

Now that the Dolphins are making a play for Flynn, it's back to signing nobody and working on our draft boards.

It's not over yet... Flynn's stay is extended until Friday where they will talk before his plans to go to Miami.

See what happens. I'm still hopeful we sign him today.

If he leaves then it's over I'm sure, and we get to endure another year of inconsistent QB play known as the

T. Jackson experiment. :wall:

Any new info on Jones? Has he arrived yet?

I'm on pinns and needles here.

I suppose LG has just gotten interesting for us too.

Let me know of any visits/rumors. Also, how does that position look in the draft?

It's not over yet... Flynn's stay is extended until Friday where they will talk before his plans to go to Miami.

See what happens. I'm still hopeful we sign him today.

If he leaves then it's over I'm sure, and we get to endure another year of inconsistent QB play known as the

T. Jackson experiment. :wall:

The Seahawks are not going to offer much more than what T Jax is making. They don't see him as a franchise QB. Neither does most of the league, apparently. The Dolphins are out of the Manning chase. They have Matt Moore, which I think is a decent QB based on what he was doing last year. If Miami offers more money to Flynn, then Flynn goes to Miami, no question, considering their coach was coaching Flynn last year in Green Bay. If Miami looks at a Flynn/Moore competition for QB, then Flynn might sign with Seattle if he feels like he can beat out Jackson and meet contractual incentives for being a starter.

Let me know of any visits/rumors. Also, how does that position look in the draft?

I heard Jones came in yesterday along with Flynn. Maybe he's is staying through today as well? But I'm not sure.

I know he left St Louis without a contract to come visit us.

It kind of sucks we are having all this rain right now. That can't be good when trying to hook folks.

Haven't heard much about Jones, but will post when I hear some scuttlebutt.

Turns out McQuistan wasn't resigned to be depth and a spot starter. He's probably going to play Gallery's spot. Well, I guess it's a youth movement move.

To draft a guard, we'd have to trade back. I can't imagine us not staying put and going best available D front 7 prospect. How can you spend so many high draft picks in two years on the O Line? You just can't. 65% of the current salaries on the books is tied up in offensive players. You have to now spend on defense.

The Seahawks are not going to offer much more than what T Jax is making. They don't see him as a franchise QB. Neither does most of the league, apparently. The Dolphins are out of the Manning chase. They have Matt Moore, which I think is a decent QB based on what he was doing last year. If Miami offers more money to Flynn, then Flynn goes to Miami, no question, considering their coach was coaching Flynn last year in Green Bay. If Miami looks at a Flynn/Moore competition for QB, then Flynn might sign with Seattle if he feels like he can beat out Jackson and meet contractual incentives for being a starter.

I'm not buying all that media BS, especially J. Clayton right now to where I've heard the same things from him.

There is allot of posturing & positioning that floats around. Trying to bring money down, showing less interest then they have, etc.

Flynn will double what T. Jackson makes easily. Might not be with the Hawks? But, he'll get paid as if to be a starter. I don't think he'll get a huge contract, but way better then T. Jackson and I would say about double.

Seahawks would be naive to bring him in for 2 days and offer him T. Jackson money. That's crazy.

Maybe with C. Henne you could try that. (Which is probably where these rumors stem from)

Anyway, we'll see.

You're right though, Flynn won't be here if we are only offering him T. Jackson money.

I'm not buying all that media BS, especially J. Clayton right now to where I've heard the same things from him.

There is allot of posturing & positioning that floats around. Trying to bring money down, showing less interest then they have, etc.

Flynn will double what T. Jackson makes easily. Might not be with the Hawks? But, he'll get paid as if to be a starter. I don't think he'll get a huge contract, but way better then T. Jackson and I would say about double.

Seahawks would be naive to bring him in for 2 days and offer him T. Jackson money. That's crazy.

Maybe with C. Henne you could try that. (Which is probably where these rumors stem from)

Anyway, we'll see.

You're right though, Flynn won't be here if we are only offering him T. Jackson money.

Jackson money is about 4 million per. The same neighborhood as the bad contract Whitehurst signed. I don't think they offer Flynn 8 million a year and then go and draft another QB this year or next year. Then you have too much money tied into QBs. Maybe they go 6 million a year, but Miami might go 8 up to 10 million. If they do, wave goodbye to Flynn.

Love him, hate him. T Jax was instrumental in getting Rice to sign last year since they were buddies, and he knew the new offensive system that was installed which was important considering the express offseason. If you sign Flynn, and Jackson outplays him in camp and preseason, then what?

I'm not optimistic he ends up here. But I'm not panicking for a QB. It's been like watching a Tight End run in a fantasy football draft in the 5th round. Teams keep overpaying. Sit back, add other positions with value, and eventually add a reasonably priced QB down the road. Flynn is extremely unproven thus far.

Jackson money is about 4 million per. The same neighborhood as the bad contract Whitehurst signed. I don't think they offer Flynn 8 million a year and then go and draft another QB this year or next year. Then you have too much money tied into QBs. Maybe they go 6 million a year, but Miami might go 8 up to 10 million. If they do, wave goodbye to Flynn.

Love him, hate him. T Jax was instrumental in getting Rice to sign last year since they were buddies, and he knew the new offensive system that was installed which was important considering the express offseason. If you sign Flynn, and Jackson outplays him in camp and preseason, then what?

I'm not optimistic he ends up here. But I'm not panicking for a QB. It's been like watching a Tight End run in a fantasy football draft in the 5th round. Teams keep overpaying. Sit back, add other positions with value, and eventually add a reasonably priced QB down the road. Flynn is extremely unproven thus far.

Tjax was not a top free agent last year. He was probably one of the cheapest out there, thus the cheap 4 mill. We went cheap.

Same with Whitehurst even though we gave up a ton of draft value/pick.

Flynn is probably the top free agent prize at QB this year. It's not the same thing. If you wanted to go cheap again, we should have looked at Campbell or something like that.

Flynn does not have a bad track record yet. Yet, he's proven huge stats.

Besides - You're NOW not paying the 4 mill or whatever to Whitehurst. You are paying TJax 4 mill which is perfectly fine for a backup.

So YES - You could easily pay Flynn 8-10 mill even more as you're starter.

We should not be thinking about drafting one until the 2nd round or probably later if we got Flynn. There's nobody worth it that early especially at #12 anyway. Also, it would still be ok to do that because rookies are more cap friendly.

Most teams pay there top QB 16-20 Mill, etc. (You're saying we can't afford to pay 8+4+rookie pay - 12-14 mill for ALL our QB's?

6 mill might get it done though. 6-8 would be a good deal if we can pull if off... I'm willing to go as far as 10 though to lock it up.

You know, I have a Paul Allen checkbook. :)

I havn't thought of McQuistan as it's his position. But he did play well at both LT and LG last year. So I guess I'm all aboard with him being the LG.

That does still leave us with no depth on the left side, if he's the starter and Gallery and Gibson are both gone.

Center to through the right side I'm happy with our numbers. But after Okung and McQuistan on the left, we have no one.

The info I heard on Flynn, was that if he wants a Jackson/Whitehurst contract, and he wants to compete for the job, he's in. But they're not gonna give him big bucks, or reigns of the franchise.

I take that to believe he'll be a Miami Dolphin by the end of the weekend.

Some extra food for thought on Flynn, courtesy of Packers News, which in turn is courtesy of Football Outsiders:

http://packersnews.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=232049&sid=a7acb485875d87969ea57dfae1133440

The money shot: "It's only one game, but the simple fact is that mediocre quarterbacks are almost never this good."

My guess, they offer 4 yrs, $26 million, $12 million guaranteed, voidable after two years. A cap number uptick over TJax and Charlie, but not breaking the bank, which they can't afford anyway, not with a 2-1 ratio of offense:defense salary cap commitments already.

Tjax was not a top free agent last year. He was probably one of the cheapest out there, thus the cheap 4 mill. We went cheap.

Same with Whitehurst even though we gave up a ton of draft value/pick.

Flynn is probably the top free agent prize at QB this year. It's not the same thing. If you wanted to go cheap again, we should have looked at Campbell or something like that.

Flynn does not have a bad track record yet. Yet, he's proven huge stats.

Besides - You're NOW not paying the 4 mill or whatever to Whitehurst. You are paying TJax 4 mill which is perfectly fine for a backup.

So YES - You could easily pay Flynn 8-10 mill even more as you're starter.

We should not be thinking about drafting one until the 2nd round or probably later if we got Flynn. There's nobody worth it that early especially at #12 anyway. Also, it would still be ok to do that because rookies are more cap friendly.

Most teams pay there top QB 16-20 Mill, etc. (You're saying we can't afford to pay 8+4+rookie pay - 12-14 mill for ALL our QB's?

6 mill might get it done though. 6-8 would be a good deal if we can pull if off... I'm willing to go as far as 10 though to lock it up.

You know, I have a Paul Allen checkbook. :)

Flynn's regular season starts came against terrible defenses. I'm trying to keep that in the back of my head to temper any unrealistic expectations I may have for him, not that it's really necessary since I am a pessimist by nature. Flynn is among the better prospects in a terrible year for free agent QBs. I still wouldn't overpay to get him. I'd take him for a fair contract with incentives.

I don't know how much money the front office wants to dump into the QB spot. I think it's a lock that T Jax is on the roster this year. I don't know if they are willing to sign Flynn, keep Jackson, and possibly pay a 2nd round salary to another QB. I don't know. Maybe. Just a feeling that they would not think it economically efficient to do so.

Some extra food for thought on Flynn, courtesy of Packers News, which in turn is courtesy of Football Outsiders:

http://packersnews.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=232049&sid=a7acb485875d87969ea57dfae1133440

The money shot: "It's only one game, but the simple fact is that mediocre quarterbacks are almost never this good."

My guess, they offer 4 yrs, $26 million, $12 million guaranteed, voidable after two years. A cap number uptick over TJax and Charlie, but not breaking the bank, which they can't afford anyway, not with a 2-1 ratio of offense:defense salary cap commitments already.

My super swami, great houdini, I have espn telepathic abilities.

"Pete Carroll signs Kellen Moore as an undrafted free agent"

He then beats out Portis to be the backup. Takes over for a Jackson injury in week 6, and never looks back as our franchise QB of the future.

:dunno:

A guy can dream, can't he.

:wave:

It kind of sucks that we made some big moves last year in free agency, and this year we've done nothing other than re-sign a couple of guys. It's boring. But, I guess Schneider's background shows those teams as building through the draft, re-signing developing stars, and not making major free agent moves. But, it's boring. I like Michael Robinson as much as the next guy, but this is basically the big move we've made in the past 2 days.

I guess they're waiting for the market to bottom out for some guys, and then add some bargains.

This is fresh off of rotoworld.

"Seahawks agreed to terms with FB Michael Robinson.

The versatile team leader is coming off his first Pro Bowl nod after paving the way for Marshawn Lynch's career-best 1,204 yards and 11 touchdowns. Robinson is also a special teams captain, recording 10 tackles, a forced fumble and a blocked punt return touchdown last season. "

I don't know the money or length, but this is a great signing. And was my under the radar signing for the O to make.

:doublethumbsup:

My D under the radar signing is to bring Atari Bigby back. He was great in ST, and as a spot player, and he said he'd like to come back to us. I havn't heard anything on him yet though.

However, with the Robinson signing. My day is complete, and a good one at that.

I'll see you fine young cannibals tomorrow.

:cheers:

Great article. I hadn't seen that before. Some great points I think. I'm glad it talked about the NE game too, cause when I watch the tape I like that game. Head to head with Brady is impressive to me. NE doesn't take it easy on you. They would love to mess with a rookie QB.

And I'm FINE with an offer like what you gave. I hope they do offer that. I think that could get the deal done. And if he want's more then that, then maybe it's best to pass on him.

That contract is kind of what I was thinking as well, and I could see it working. That to me, is the "double" figure I had in mind over the two year, 4 mill a year deal that we gave T. Jackson.

My super swami, great houdini, I have espn telepathic abilities.

"Pete Carroll signs Kellen Moore as an undrafted free agent"

He then beats out Portis to be the backup. Takes over for a Jackson injury in week 6, and never looks back as our franchise QB of the future.

:dunno:

A guy can dream, can't he.

:wave:

Interesting. I had a similar dream, only it ended a little differently:

"Pete Carroll signs Kellen Moore as an undrafted free agent. Takes over for a Jackson injury in week 6, when the team discovers that a fluttery deep ball that can't travel far enough allows the defense to cheat up. The Kellen Moore experience ends badly in week 11 when he gets pancaked by Dontari Poe. After consultation with the medical staff and the grounds crew, a forklift is employed to detach Flynn from the turf."

Interesting. I had a similar dream, only it ended a little differently:

"Pete Carroll signs Kellen Moore as an undrafted free agent. Takes over for a Jackson injury in week 6, when the team discovers that a fluttery deep ball that can't travel far enough allows the defense to cheat up. The Kellen Moore experience ends badly in week 11 when he gets pancaked by Dontari Poe. After consultation with the medical staff and the grounds crew, a forklift is employed to detach Flynn from the turf."

I see what your doing!!! :angry: !!! :mad: !!!!!!

Your picking on the little guy that can't throw a rocket deep ball.

I'm telling you, this kid will succeed in the NFL.

:cry: I know he will.

:wub:

Per Rotoworld

An associate of Matt Flynn acknowledges to the Miami Herald that the free agent could sign with Seattle before leaving for his Dolphins visit.

According to SI.com's Peter King, the Seahawks are "serious" about Flynn after losing out on Peyton Manning, Chad Henne, and even bridge QBs such as Kyle Orton and Jason Campbell. Seattle would have to make a huge offer and the promise of a starting job to keep Flynn from flying to Miami. ESPN's John Clayton suggested Thursday that Seattle might only offer a deal in the range of two years and $12 million compared to a $40 million deal over five years from the Dolphins.

:cheers: SIGN HIM!

:banana:

Could be a negotiating trick to drive up the price on the Dolphins, thats what I would do. I am not sure we really have a shot at Flynn unless we overpay him. I live in and love Seattle but I would take less money to play in Miami in a heart beat, went to boot camp in Orlando with the Navy back in the day and Florida is sweeeeet.

I think we screwed up at LG, I think they intended to dump Gallery for Hutchinson and he used us to get a better deal elsewhere. Kind of a ###### move considering how he left town the first time.

Kind of a quiet free agency for us which is not so bad, but I have to admit I was hoping for a bit more. We resigned Bryant which was the most critical move we could make. But we need to figure out the QB position ASAP! God forbid we overpay/overcommit to Tavaris Jackson who is adequate but not the future.

Could be a negotiating trick to drive up the price on the Dolphins, thats what I would do. I am not sure we really have a shot at Flynn unless we overpay him. I live in and love Seattle but I would take less money to play in Miami in a heart beat, went to boot camp in Orlando with the Navy back in the day and Florida is sweeeeet.

I think we screwed up at LG, I think they intended to dump Gallery for Hutchinson and he used us to get a better deal elsewhere. Kind of a ###### move considering how he left town the first time.

Kind of a quiet free agency for us which is not so bad, but I have to admit I was hoping for a bit more. We resigned Bryant which was the most critical move we could make. But we need to figure out the QB position ASAP! God forbid we overpay/overcommit to Tavaris Jackson who is adequate but not the future.

Looks like it.... Especially with our Rain Monsoon going on right now.

I heard Flynn left town now. :thumbsdown:

I think that was a big mistake. I think if they are thinking Tannehill (Wr coverted QB) at #12, then that is a huge mistake. And god for bid if they actually think T. Jackson is there future then we are in for a whole lot of hurt.

Oh, noes. :angry:

If LeQuit Manning signs with San Fran, the latest subterfuge is the front office of Seattle's has broadly hinted that they may be interested in...Alex Smith.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!%@#%# :wall:

Oh, noes. :angry:

If LeQuit Manning signs with San Fran, the latest subterfuge is the front office of Seattle's has broadly hinted that they may be interested in...Alex Smith.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!%@#%# :wall:

I will accept Alex Smith only so long as he is accompanied by the entire 2000 Baltimore Ravens defense (as they were then, not as they are now). Since that was the last time a so-called 'game manager' won a Super Bowl.

Smith and Manning have the same agent, thus the delay on finding Smith a home.

I will accept Alex Smith only so long as he is accompanied by the entire 2000 Baltimore Ravens defense (as they were then, not as they are now). Since that was the last time a so-called 'game manager' won a Super Bowl.

Smith and Manning have the same agent, thus the delay on finding Smith a home.

I completely agree with you guy's with Smith. I don't want to touch him at all either! :mad:

And I don't want to see Manning in S.F. :cry:

P.S. - I could have been wrong that Flynn left. I guess nobody is sure right now?

I respect the season Harbaugh got out of Smith last year, but I don't want him in a Hawks uniform. Alex and the Niners will finish up the foreplay and come to some agreement. Manning will land in Tennessee or Miami. If Peyton is a Dolphin, I think it's very likely Flynn is ours.

Just all gut feelings. I still wouldnt be disappointed if we were complete non-players in free agency. If we can have another draft like the last two we won't need another team's players. :dunno:

I respect the season Harbaugh got out of Smith last year, but I don't want him in a Hawks uniform. Alex and the Niners will finish up the foreplay and come to some agreement. Manning will land in Tennessee or Miami. If Peyton is a Dolphin, I think it's very likely Flynn is ours.

Just all gut feelings. I still wouldnt be disappointed if we were complete non-players in free agency. If we can have another draft like the last two we won't need another team's players. :dunno:

I'm hearing Miami is OUT with Manning. They are focused on Flynn now. :(

Manning probably goes to Tenn though, and not S.F. I think we don't have to worry about this.

(Denver is still in play also - Which would then put us on Tebow. Oh god)