Sign in to follow this  
cpit

If Josh Gordon is reinstated, what RB is he worth in trade?

Hi All - My team is weak at RB (especially with inuries in week 1) and I can only blame so much on a live draft in Vegas, at the pool at the Palazzo. (Note: well worth doing at least once). I am pretty strong at WR and grabbed J Gordon as a FA after the draft. If he gets reinstated, I'm thinking of looking for a trade for him (maybe even before he plays if he's reinstated this week since he has questionable QBs?) to get a decent RB. Or maybe I just roll with 3 very strong WR and keep him?

League: 12 Team, Non-PPR, 6 pts for ALL TD (rush and receive), Start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, DEF, K, IDP, IDP

Team:

QB: Foles, Cutler

WR: Megatron, Julio Jones, Kendall Wright, Harry Douglas, Andrew Hawkins, Josh Gordon

RB: Doug Martin (injured), Toby Gerhart (injured), Darren McFadden, James Starks (had Ray Rice - bye bye!)

TE: Jordan Reed (injured), Tim Wright

DEF: Cincinatti

K: Phil Dawson

IDP (2): meh

I'd be willing to shop any of the WR other than Calvin J. Just not sure who to shoot for as far as RB (and possibly TE).

Any advice appreciated and I will give an opinion on yours if I can add value.

Thanks,

cpit

Unless there's a team that is super-stacked at RB, I wouldn't trade him. RBs are usually in short supply, so the odds of you getting Gordon's value paid in RB is slim. No, instead start Megatron, Julio and Gordon. You'll more than cover mediocre RB points. Pick up another RB with potential off waivers to stash.

Gordon is a tough trade. Once he is reinstated his value will skyrocket with some and stay the same with others. With your WR depth I would dangle him out and see what you can get for sure. His value is "to be seen". Some guys will over value him and give up too much, some will under value. It's hard to say what his true value is right now? Once he's back I would send out offers trying to get a little more than you think you can get. If you get shot down, lower the bar and see what comes.

Or...you can dangle Julio out there. Julio is more of a sure thing, so you would prolly get a better back for him. Two things are for sure. One, you need a solid RB1. Two, you can't trade Gordon until he's officially reinstated, unless you get an offer that is too good to pass up.