Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Dynasty Rankings Update

Guru was there any temptation on your part to list Howard over Olsen who's 32 and Eifert who seems unable to stay healthy.

I think Howard is loaded and so I was just wondering. Thanks for your replay.

Why do you have D Parker ranked so high? atleast in my own opinion.

His two seasons haven't shown me much.

You have Abdullah ranked above, Henry, Cook, Coleman, Hunt, and all four of them I see as being more talented then Abdullah.

What do you think you see in Abdullah that makes you rank him over those other players?

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for your list.

Does woodhead being on baltimore instead of the chargers as the list shows effect his ranking any considering dixon's suspension?

Guru was there any temptation on your part to list Howard over Olsen who's 32 and Eifert who seems unable to stay healthy.

Trying to find the balance between his ceiling, the fact he has yet to play a down in the NFL and the fact he is probably going to be the third option at best in that offense for the next year or two.

Why do you have D Parker ranked so high? atleast in my own opinion.

His two seasons haven't shown me much.

The guy is special. Yes, he may just be cursed with injuries OR he may just now be starting to understand he has to take better care of himself. I think he's an A.J. Green type of talent.

You have Abdullah ranked above, Henry, Cook, Coleman, Hunt, and all four of them I see as being more talented then Abdullah.

What do you think you see in Abdullah that makes you rank him over those other players?

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for your list.

Abdullah is a lot like Parker in my mind. Let's see what he does this year assuming he stays healthy. He should finally have a good line to run behind. I really don't think many of us have really gotten a good "look" at Abdullah yet.

Each of the backs you mentioned have somebody blocking them for at least part of this year. Yes, dynasty rankings are for the long-term, but keep in mind one of my factors for rating RBs is production over the next two years only.

Does woodhead being on baltimore instead of the chargers as the list shows effect his ranking any considering dixon's suspension?

Not sure if you are asking about Woody or Dixon here. I think at 32 years of age and coming off an ACL, Woody might have one more good year left in him tops. I'm still a big fan of Dixon, but I have to be realistic about the possibility he may not have a chance to do much in 2017.

Thank you Guru for taking the time to reply.

I agree about Parker and his ability to play the game.

He needs to stay healthy and I also think he needs to mature and take the game more serious.

I just don't buy into Abdullah being a good NFL Rb.

I think his game is limited and I'm not so sure he's even better than Riddick.

Eifert is a monster every game he plays. Even if it is 8 games a year, you know when he is going to play and can get sub production. Much rather that than a guy who is mediocre on a per game basis but amasses more season points

No not really.

Eifert is a player that does score tds.

But I'm don't like counting on players who are so dependent on scoring tds. M

Last year in 5 of his eight games he had 3 or less rec in five of them.

And 11 of his last 21 games he's had 3 or less rec.

If he doesn't score a TD he doesn't seem to score much ff points.

Plus he's played in 22 games total the last three seasons.

I have him ranked with a Big Risk attached too his name.

I will draft him as a Te2.

Thank you Guru for taking the time to reply.

I agree about Parker and his ability to play the game.

He needs to stay healthy and I also think he needs to mature and take the game more serious.

I just don't buy into Abdullah being a good NFL Rb.

I think his game is limited and I'm not so sure he's even better than Riddick.

That's why we (maybe you...LOL) need to see him healthy and behind a decent line. Riddick is pretty much a receiver masquerading as a running back. Abdullah is not unlike Dalvin Cook skill-wise with less of a history of injury and off-field problems.

Sorry I don't agree about Abdullah and D Cook.

I don't think Abdullah is that good.

Just the way I see it.

Like what you posted about M Mack.

I think on that team he could really be a big play maker.

Looking at your post it's hard to believe that J Hill is only 24 and Bernard only 25 seems like the two of them have been around a lot longer.

Thanks again for the replys.

Great work as always FBG. Really appreciate your articles.

Russel Wilson seems low to me. Granted Winston and Marriota are 5 years younger, but Wilson was the #3 FF QB in 2015, and was hurt most of last year. The improved o-line gives me no hesitation to rank him up closer to the #5 QB (above Matt Ryan, Stafford, WInston and Marriota).

• Like 1

Not sure if you are asking about Woody or Dixon here. I think at 32 years of age and coming off an ACL, Woody might have one more good year left in him tops. I'm still a big fan of Dixon, but I have to be realistic about the possibility he may not have a chance to do much in 2017.

I was trying to let you know you have woodhead listed on the chargers still. Don't forget to update the comment too.

I was trying to let you know you have woodhead listed on the chargers still. Don't forget to update the comment too.

A-ha. The comment is up-to-date for Woodhead. I'll let Mike know about the oversight on Woodhead (on my end).

Great work as always FBG. Really appreciate your articles.

Russel Wilson seems low to me. Granted Winston and Marriota are 5 years younger, but Wilson was the #3 FF QB in 2015, and was hurt most of last year. The improved o-line gives me no hesitation to rank him up closer to the #5 QB (above Matt Ryan, Stafford, WInston and Marriota).

Thanks. Your points are valid.

My reasoning: I'm not sure improving the guards is enough to get Seattle to an "average" o-line, which is what gives me some pause with Wilson. Joeckel may or may not be an improvement moving inside and, while I like Pocic, is he an immediate upgrade? Mobile QBs have a shorter shelf life than pocket passers, so while Wilson can win from the pocket, I fear his time as a high-end QB1 may be closer to the end than the beginning if his game doesn't change and/or Seattle doesn't do more to upgrade his weapons beyond Baldwin and an aging Jimmy Graham. Point of reference: I had Cam in similar territory until they drafted C-Mac and Samuel.

• Like 1

Like what you posted about M Mack.

I think on that team he could really be a big play maker.

Looking at your post it's hard to believe that J Hill is only 24 and Bernard only 25 seems like the two of them have been around a lot longer.

Thanks again for the replys.

I've been on Mack since he was a freshman. I covered his first game for one of the sites I used to write game recaps for and have followed him ever since.

You're not kidding about Hill/Bernard. I swear Hill gutting Denver as a rookie on a Monday night in Week 16 happened five years ago, not just in 2014.

You know that's a great question about Freeman.

I think the Falcons what to see what they truly have with Coleman before committing to Freeman.

It doesn't seem logical but when do football teams always do logical things.

I do.

Hmmm, I don't know. If I were a gambling man, I'd put money on Freeman playing elsewhere next season. The new regime came in and quickly jumped on Coleman. They even flat out gave him the starting job a couple years ago even though he didn't really earn it. When he got hurt, Freeman took his job back. I think this group won't give Freeman enough money to stay. I think they're going to want to prove they were right about Coleman.

Not that sportrac.com is the authority on value, but they think Freeman will get $10M. If the Falcons do give him that, there's no way they're re-signing Coleman the next year. I think at best, these two will only be in Atlanta for 2 more seasons. Now of course, when you have Dynasty and Keeper leagues... how long into the future are you looking?

You know that's a great question about Freeman.

I think the Falcons what to see what they truly have with Coleman before committing to Freeman.

It doesn't seem logical but when do football teams always do logical things.

Freeman is a free agent after this season... Coleman after next. Both could legitimately get deals over $7-$10M per season from someone. There's no way the Falcons even pay $16M for those two to stay. That's too much money for the RB position. If they re-sign Freeman, then next year is definitely Coleman's last year. Personally, I don't think the Falcon's re-sign Freeman. I think they let him walk just re-up Coleman. They'll sell it to their fans that they believe Coleman is the better back.

I think Coleman needs to prove that he can stay healthy.

If he doesn't I don't see how they let Freeman walk.

I totally agree that the staff wants Coleman to be the rb1.

But if he can't stay on the field it won't happen.

But if Coleman does indeed prove to be worthy of big dollars than they won't and probably can't keep both.

I think Coleman needs to prove that he can stay healthy.

If he doesn't I don't see how they let Freeman walk.

I totally agree that the staff wants Coleman to be the rb1.

But if he can't stay on the field it won't happen.

But if Coleman does indeed prove to be worthy of big dollars than they won't and probably can't keep both.

I agree. If Coleman can't stay healthy, they will re-sign Freeman... but Coleman will be gone after 2018 if that's the case. That said, we'll see how big of an ego the new brass in ATL have after this season. I say that because they did "give" Coleman the job in his rookie season. They may "give" him the job again.

To go back to my original point, it's my opinion that both will not be there in 2019. Which then leads to the question of, how long do you project for dynasty and keeper leagues. If you are more conservative and look only 2-3 years, then I guess you could knock Freeman a bit because he and Coleman could be together for 2 more seasons. If you want to be more risky and look ahead for 5 years, then I wouldn't even consider Coleman a factor when ranking Freeman.

The biggest question I have about both Freeman and Coleman is that the Falcons will have a new OC.

If you look at last season you can make the claim that owning both of them works on a ff team.

With the Falcons having a new OC it's hard to project how they will both be used this season. N

It's a very interesting issue and I tough one to predict in either a keeper or redraft situation.

The biggest question I have about both Freeman and Coleman is that the Falcons will have a new OC.

If you look at last season you can make the claim that owning both of them works on a ff team.

With the Falcons having a new OC it's hard to project how they will both be used this season. N

It's a very interesting issue and I tough one to predict in either a keeper or redraft situation.

I agree. My main focus was with the ranking of Freeman. Personally, I'd rank him 4th. I can see 5th behind Gordon because Gordon is the guy and is going to get the ball, but I'm still hesitant because of his first season. I don't think Gurley is anything special. I wouldn't even have him in the top 10. As for Fournette, I don't think the situation is conducive to him being a top 5 back from 2018-2020. Finally, I don't think Ajayi is as good as Freeman. Hence, with the knock on Freeman being Coleman's existence and new OC, I'd still favor Freeman because I think over the next 5 years, his odds of being a top 5 back consistently are much higher than Gurley, Fournette, and Ajayi and slightly better than Gordon.

Myself I would truly rank him over Ajayi and Fournette since it is rankings for ppr.

But I'm still not ready in a keeper league to rank him higher than Gurley, I personally think Gurley can become a fantastic ff rb1 if they get him help. The signing of Dunbar does hurt him in a ppr league. Right now I have Gurley ranked at number ten in a non keeper league.

And I really like the rebound season I saw from M Gordon last season, and would keep him in the forth postion.

Now in my own ppr rankings I have Gordon third ahead of the Zeke and I have Freeman fifth right after the Zeke.

Note all my league are now redraft leagues.

All the keeper leagues I was involved in canceled them out and went redraft.

Great work as always FBG.

um, this is FFToday, ding dong.

:lol:

I know he meant Football Guru and I'm pretty sure you know that. It's funny anyway :P

you could change your name to The Football Sage to avoid futher confusion.

I just noticed this....

John Ross and Donte Moncreif ranked higher than Tyreek Hill?? Especially John Ross. That's insane. Hill had one of best ffball seasons ever for a rookie, especially for a guy listed at receiver, and John Ross is ranked higher.... remind me, when was the last time the Bengals WR2 was consistently relevant?

John Ross, CIN: Durability is by far his biggest concern; DeSean Jackson comps should be his floor, not ceiling.

Apparently John Ross is going to be the best long ball TD-catcher and scariest threat the league has ever seen.