Sign in to follow this  
hoytdwow

Economy adds jobs

Ok, conservatards, tell us how this is actually a bad thing, or "not good enough" as John Boner did. Go! :lol:

Ok, conservatards, tell us how this is actually a bad thing, or "not good enough" as John Boner did. Go! :lol:

[republicans] This is still a result of part-time Christmas season hires [republicans]

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/part-time-economy-redux

While not shocking to most, the jump in temporary workers that we cited earlier is perhaps the biggest indicator of job 'quality' gains. As we discussed here last month, the US market economy remains mired in a low quality (“first-fired, first-hired categories rather than the type of core hiring that would build a stronger foundation for income growth,” as FTN's Jim Vogel describes it) recovery. About 160k of private jobs added in Feb are 'low-paying work' which left average hourly earnings up only 0.1% (notes David Ader at CRT) - hardly the recipe for a sustainable recovery and perhaps the slow leak in stocks post the number is the rude awakening to that reality.

Finally, and most, importantly, we hope that this analysis has proven that while the BLS may play around with various numerators, denominators, seasonal adjustments, and other irrelevant gimmicks which are only fit for popular consumption particularly by those who have never used excel in their lives, a deeper analysis confirms our concerns, that not only is America slipping ever further into a state of permanent "temp job" status, but that a "quality analysis" of the jobs created shows that the US job formation machinery is badly hurt, and just like the marginal utility of debt now hitting a critical inflection point, so the "marginal utility" of incremental jobs is now negative, which means that Obama, or whichever administration, can easily represent to be growing jobs, and declining the unemployment rate by whatever gimmick necessary. Yet these very jobs are now generating far less in so very critical tax revenue for the US treasury, and continue to declining steadily in quality.

Finally, two more charts, the first showing the NSA number of Part-Time jobs from the Household Survey. At 28,096,000 this number is just shy of the all time high of 28,106,000, and represents 19.4% of total employment. Second, as JT Smith reminds us, the number of people holding Multiple Jobs rose by 286K in February, more than the entire employed increase announced in the Establishment survey, and at 7,116,000 is now back to the highest since May 2010.

NSA Part Time:

Not a bad thing. But not a good thing either. More people having to hold multiple jobs is good for this economy?

Thanks to the Libz,......both the BS & BJ sectors continue to grow. :thumbsup:

Though what has changed is that they are giving instead of receiving

:banana:

But the unemployment rate is still the same

:dunno:

This.

Most of these jobs are service jobs. The type of job that is created is important. That is why there is spin on both sides. The reality is that 8.3% unemployment at the cost of borrowing $5+ trillion is an epic fail.

Things will get much worse after the election no matter who is elected; all we are voting for is the degree of pain we will suffer.

Most of these jobs are service jobs.

And how are you going to mooch off of your wife's pension plan if she has a freaking service job, am I right? Not good enough OBummer :thumbsdown:

I sure wish Obama's promise to have the unemployment rate below 6% by this date if we just gave him his "Porkulus" money had worked out.

Just think how well the economy would be humming along if that hadn't been a massive lie. :thumbsdown:

I sure wish Obama's promise to have the unemployment rate below 6% by this date if we just gave him his "Porkulus" money had worked out.

No you don't. You wish unemployment was at 20% and an angry mob impaled Obama on a stake in the Rose Garden.

No you don't. You wish unemployment was at 20% and an angry mob impaled Obama on a stake in the Rose Garden.

I would be making money hand over fist if mfg was at the point our unemployment rate was under 6%.

I simply pointed out the fact Obama wasted a trillion dollars to give us a higher unemployment rate than he said we would get if we did nothing. And if we gave him the money unemployment would be below 6% right now.

Those are facts. His administration made those claims. No matter how much you try to divert the issue to some lame ass "RP wants Obama impaled" BS, it won't change the facts.

I would be making money hand over fist if mfg was at the point our unemployment rate was under 6%.

People actually PAY you to start hysterical anti-Obama threads on a lightly trafficked fantasy football message bored? :shocking:

I simply pointed out the fact Obama wasted a trillion dollars to give us a higher unemployment rate than he said we would get if we did nothing. And if we gave him the money unemployment would be below 6% right now.

Those are facts. His administration made those claims. No matter how much you try to divert the issue to some lame ass "RP wants Obama impaled" BS, it won't change the facts.

Didn't say it did. Just pointing out the utter bullsh!t in the premise that you ever have, or ever will, wished for Obama's success.

Didn't say it did. Just pointing out the utter bullsh!t in the premise that you ever have, or ever will, wished for Obama's success.

You said this:

You wish unemployment was at 20% and an angry mob impaled Obama on a stake in the Rose Garden.

That's a far cry from me not wanting Obama's policies to succeed. It's a shame he wasted a trillion dollars of our kid's money and got worse results than he said we would face if we did nothing. Like I said, if he wasn't a lying sack, and him spending a trillion dollars of our kids money resulted in the <6% unemployment we would all be making more money.

Sadly, he is just an incompetent lying sack. Even sadder, people like you continue to buy into it. :shocking:

Not interested in the endless pizzing match, but would like to see this link/quote.

Not interested in the endless pizzing match, but would like to see this link/quote.

This is the first that came up. I'm not putting forth any further effort on this since I have linked to it several times over the years mocking the failed "Porkulus Bill".

http://www.amazon.com/forum/politics?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1S3QSZRUL93V8&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1VJ3N2V16R998

This is the first that came up. I'm not putting forth any further effort on this since I have linked to it several times over the years mocking the failed "Porkulus Bill".

http://www.amazon.com/forum/politics?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1S3QSZRUL93V8&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1VJ3N2V16R998

So you ask for a link, and he provides a link to a different forum political circle jerk. Crassic.

So you ask for a link, and he provides a link to a different forum political circle jerk. Crassic.

I take it from your silence you don't care for my last link proving what I said earlier. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take it from your silence you don't care for my last link proving what I said earlier. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could give a fock less about what you two are arguing about. I just find it hilarious that someone who bashes any link thrown his way as "liberal biased" would use a political forum at focking amazon as a link to back himself up.

I could give a fock less about what you two are arguing about. I just find it hilarious that someone who bashes any link thrown his way as "liberal biased" would use a political forum at focking amazon as a link to back himself up.

As I stated, it was the first link that came up and I have provided said link many times.

It was nice of you to whine about it and give me the opportunity to hand you your ass............yet again tonight. :pointstosky:

As I stated, it was the first link that came up and I have provided said link many times.

It was nice of you to whine about it and give me the opportunity to hand you your ass............yet again tonight. :pointstosky:

You have never, and will never, hand me my ass troll boy. ;)

You have never, and will never, hand me my ass troll boy. ;)

My arms are getting worn out from doing it tonight in this thread and the other one I'm pummeling you in. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I simply pointed out the fact Obama wasted a trillion dollars to give us a higher unemployment rate than he said we would get if we did nothing.

Just figured if he actuaslly said this, it would exist somewhere.

Great news for America! :pointstosky:

If you look into it, it is not great news. Liars figure and figures lie.

Great news for America! :pointstosky:

I have read a few different articles recently that talked about the recovering economy, and how it should continue to get better. Worldwide demand for goods is projected to increase.

The wildcard is fuel costs. Hopefully oil plateaus at 100 dollars a barrel.

New poll that came out today has Obama's approval rating at 41% despite the good job numbers. And this is just a month after he hit 50%.

I'm thinking it must be the gas prices. :dunno:

New poll that came out today has Obama's approval rating at 41% despite the good job numbers. And this is just a month after he hit 50%.

I'm thinking it must be the gas prices. :dunno:

That, and people know he is the worst POTUS in the history of ever.

HTH

That, and people know he is the worst POTUS in the history of ever.

HTH

The really bad ones don't get re-elected. I guess we'll see. :music_guitarred:

What is it with all these obese, death bed-looking retards making anti-Obama videos?? :unsure:

Doesn't take a doctor to look at this clown and realize he's on his last legs. So when he finally croaks, the Lil Rusty's and RP's of the world will be pointing a finger at Obama and his mob.

:first: Not only are the more than half-million jobs created over the last 3 months bad news, but they're made up! :lol: :doh:

:first: Not only are the more than half-million jobs created over the last 3 months bad news, but they're made up! :lol: :doh:

I thought a video wouldn't confuse the mouth breathers on the bored, but I was wrong. :doh:

What is it with all these obese, death bed-looking retards making anti-Obama videos?? :unsure:

Doesn't take a doctor to look at this clown and realize he's on his last legs. So when he finally croaks, the Lil Rusty's and RP's of the world will be pointing a finger at Obama and his mob.

Suck it punk,...the man speaks common sense and truth,....look into it.

I know when I want straight dope I look to a quality source like D!ck Morris. :doublethumbsup:

People are leaving the work force? Really? That's quite a shocker since we've only been talking about the impending baby boomer retirement wave for the last decade or so.

The really bad ones don't get re-elected. I guess we'll see. :music_guitarred:

Bush was re-elected. :doh:

So much for that :thumbsdown:

I don't think the employment situation has ever been worse in my lifetime. At last tally, there were maybe three people on my block that still had jobs, including me. The stunning thing is the amount of union people who have been laid off in the past few months. One of my neighbors got turned down for a job selling knives door to door. Too many applicants. Convenience stores won't even take your applications anymore. Anyone that is telling you the economy and/or employment is improving doesn't know d!ck.

Bush was re-elected. :doh:

So much for that :thumbsdown:

He wasn't horrible in his first term.

He wasn't horrible in his first term.

Things were going well right up til '06....................when Pelosi and Reid started running Congress.

Hmmmmmm...........