Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Colonoscopy today

Just thought I'd share my day with all of you.

A colon stricture causes constipation. After a few days of not passing anything your body turns your digestive system liquid. So since 1 this morning I've been running to the can every 20 to 30 minutes with explosive diarrhea. I have lost over five pounds in the last twelve hours.

You're welcome.

gerbil?

gerbil?

Poor little guy drowned. :(

What did the pathology show?

Nothing yet. Two failed colonoscopy, barium stopped short and a CT scan that didn't show any mass. The stricture is there but they can't get into it to biopsy it. They are going to treat it as if it's cancerous to be on the safe side, that's why they are removing such a large section. The stricture is about 6 inches long. I've also given permission to go beyond the stricture colon if needed. If he finds something else that worries him, he can do what's needed.

Nothing yet. Two failed colonoscopy, barium stopped short and a CT scan that didn't show any mass. The stricture is there but they can't get into it to biopsy it. They are going to treat it as if it's cancerous to be on the safe side, that's why they are removing such a large section. The stricture is about 6 inches long. I've also given permission to go beyond the stricture colon if needed. If he finds something else that worries him, he can do what's needed.

Makes sense. Good news no mass or enlarged lymph nodes on CT. They usually do a frozen section at the time of the procedure for preliminary results, but final path may take a couple days. Good luck.

Clear liquids the past two days, third gallon of squirter juice in the past month, tomorrow I get sliced and diced. Here's to not dieing :cheers:

See you fockers on the other side.

Clear liquids the past two days, third gallon of squirter juice in the past month, tomorrow I get sliced and diced. Here's to not dieing :cheers:

See you fockers on the other side.

Great luck man, you are one of the best folks here. I'll be praying for you. :cheers:

It's just a geek club cawk of colon, the reality unless you are newbie is that you've never seen it and won't miss it

:cheers:

First time NV has had a foot removed from his colon that wasn't his wife's. :(

Get well sir. :thumbsup:

All and all things went well. No signs of cancer, just the worst case of diverticulitis my doctor has ever seen. So bad that it attached itself to my bladder. They had to cut me open more to remove it. They were able to reattach my colon without any leaks so no shitbag will be needed. Very thankful for that. Recovery will take a little longer with the larger incision.

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes. As strange as it sounds, this place really is an extended family of sorts and helps us all through our day.

• Like 1

All and all things went well. No signs of cancer, just the worst case of diverticulitis my doctor has ever seen. So bad that it attached itself to my bladder. They had to cut me open more to remove it. They were able to reattach my colon without any leaks so no shitbag will be needed. Very thankful for that. Recovery will take a little longer with the larger incision.

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes. As strange as it sounds, this place really is an extended family of sorts and helps us all through our day.

Glad to hear it, brother.

Glad to hear things went relatively well. We have enough shitbags here that we didn't need you bringing another to the party.

Nice. Now go take a sh!t with your clothes on.

Awesome news! :cheers:

That reminds me, how long until you can :cheers: again?

Awesome news! :cheers:

That reminds me, how long until you can take the :banana: again?

Don't ask, don't tell.

Pathology came back clear. Thank God. Finally took a good shiot and they are sending my sorry ass home. Won't be able to drink any green beer but I'm OK with that. :cheers:

• Like 2

Pathology came back clear. Thank God. Finally took a good shiot and they are sending my sorry ass home. Won't be able to drink any green beer but I'm OK with that. :cheers:

You should poop your pants.....because you still can.

Did they let you keep it or does it go straight to the Gwaltney factory? :unsure:

I see what you did there.

Awesome. Also, drinking alcohol is a choice we make every day. Just saying. :cheers:

Bummer. I thought you might come back less of an arsehole! *rimshot* (both puns intended)

Glad everything went well. Hope it's a easy recovery.

So what punctuation is northern vike?

;

Better than a

:banana:

Great news man!Just got back from a little vacation or would've replied sooner.