Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

2017 NFC East Thread

Dallas 10-6

Eagles 8-8

Redskins 8-8

Giants 6-10.

Dallas will unlikely be better than 10-6 because of Elliott missing time. Dak will also be under pressure to duplicate his freshman year.

The Eagles change so much every year, they are tough to judge.

Skins have improved on both sides, but still no real running game, yet. Cousins should have another huge year.

Giants went 11-5 while outscoring opponents by a measly 26 points (Eagles 7-9 outscored opponents by 36). Their luck is about to run out.

I doubt we will see a SB contender from this group.

I feel like the Skins losing both starting wideouts and the contract issues with the QB are going to hurt.

Hopefully the Skins go 0-16...

Seriously, I don't think Cousins will have a great year, Pryor/Doctson is not even close to Jackson/Garcon...

I didn't know you were dyslexic

NY football Giants 10-6

Odell Stickem wants to be highest paid player in the NFL :lol:

:doh:

Yeah, that's the way to win titles, a WR highest paid in NFL

nitwit

Giants 11-5 Pretty much up to Eli here. Their D is what? Top 5? Eli has tons of weapons. Oline is shaky and that could do them in. But if Eli plays even okay I think they win the division.

Dallas 9-7

Eagles 9-7

Skins 7-9

2017 NFC East Thread

Thanks for the thread, I'll bring my stuff and find a spot to settle in for the season. :thumbsup:

Good or bad, the NFC East is always entertaining!

We might ALL end up 8-8

It's going to be a bumpy ride!

(assuming Zeke stays suspended)

NY 10-6

DAL 9-7

PHI 7-9

WAS 6-10

The East is burdened with a brutal schedule this year... On paper, some have Dallas as the easiest of the 4 - that's a joke. It's the hardest of the lot, as it should be, 1st place schedule and all.

Redskins: Not much has changed, still a mess. Might even be more of a mess now with all the departures.

Eagles: May not be there just yet, but this bunch is coming. They will be disruptive coming down the stretch.

Giants: If NY had a QB, they'd run away with the Division and seriously challenge for a SB.. But they have Eli - the equalizer.

Cowboys: What a headache... Love that we have gone rookies and new faces on defense, but that takes time to learn and gel... Still w/out a pass rush.... The offense will still score points, but Zeke's dumbass is a distraction.. And not only that, Dak's passer rating is a full 12 pts. lower when he isn't on the field - that's a problem.

The problem with Dallas is they didn't build there team like Seattle or just the right way whats so ever. To their defense they didn't know what they had in Dak and were coming off trying to be competitive with Romo still around.

But they don't have a great roster for the fact that they have their franchise QB cheap. Their defense is awful. The secondary should actually be worse than last year. Dez Bryant is overrated and the rest of their WRs are meh. Witten is old and slow. So to me their passing weapons aren't even that great. Once their honey moon with Dak is over, it will be harder than it is now to improve their roster. Zeke of course will want big money as well that will be a risk each offseason.

The problem with Dallas is they didn't build there team like Seattle or just the right way whats so ever. To their defense they didn't know what they had in Dak and were coming off trying to be competitive with Romo still around.

But they don't have a great roster for the fact that they have their franchise QB cheap. Their defense is awful. The secondary should actually be worse than last year. Dez Bryant is overrated and the rest of their WRs are meh. Witten is old and slow. So to me their passing weapons aren't even that great. Once their honey moon with Dak is over, it will be harder than it is now to improve their roster. Zeke of course will want big money as well that will be a risk each offseason.

Dallas not addressing the defense, or building a defense, is not new... We've not focused on it since Jimmy.

The secondary got an influx of talented rookies, who in a year or two - might be really good... But I don't care who you are, w/out a pass rush of some kind - any secondary will look like shiit.. As far as Zeke and money, he's tied up on a rookie contract for 3 more years, that's not a concern (yet).

Dallas not addressing the defense, or building a defense, is not new... We've not focused on it since Jimmy.

The secondary got an influx of talented rookies, who in a year or two - might be really good... But I don't care who you are, w/out a pass rush of some kind - any secondary will look like shiit.. As far as Zeke and money, he's tied up on a rookie contract for 3 more years, that's not a concern (yet).

I'm looking far ahead as I am saying their D sucks enough now to not really challenge for a SB. By the time they fix the defense, say, everyone will be wanting a ton of money to stick around together. That is the struggle for every team. But poor timing for Dallas. They blindly ran into a QB after building their offensive line but they have left their defense out to dry with picks like Randy Gregory over a guy like Frank Clark picked a few picks later.

I'm looking far ahead as I am saying their D sucks enough now to not really challenge for a SB. By the time they fix the defense, say, everyone will be wanting a ton of money to stick around together. That is the struggle for every team. But poor timing for Dallas. They blindly ran into a QB after building their offensive line but they have left their defense out to dry with picks like Randy Gregory over a guy like Frank Clark picked a few picks later.

I'm looking at 2017.

Seriously, I don't think Cousins will have a great year, Pryor/Doctson is not even close to Jackson/Garcon...

You are right, they are way better. Cousins made Jackson/Garcon last season, he'll do better with Pryor. Doctson has the tools if he is healthy.

..contract issues with the QB are going to hurt.

The press made this into a big deal. Apparently the Skins have already told Cousins that he'll be franchised next year (unless he lays a total egg) so everyone appears to be happy.

The press made this into a big deal. Apparently the Skins have already/ told Cousins that he'll be franchised next year (unless he lays a total egg) so everyone appears to be happy.

Is Sua Cravens okay and going to be a force at safety this year? Tackling machine?

Is Sua Cravens okay and going to be a force at safety this year? Tackling machine?

Incredibly talented but has the injury bug. Starts of the season coming off surgery. I am not holding my breath for big things. Still, he has a nose for the ball, so he will make plays.

The Giants have the best defense and offense in the division. 12-4. Super bowl.

The press made this into a big deal. Apparently the Skins have already told Cousins that he'll be franchised next year (unless he lays a total egg) so everyone appears to be happy.

Wouldn't Cousins prefer a long term deal to being franchised?

Losing Garçon and DJax in one year hurts. Fantasy wise I love Doctson as a late round flyer though. He could catch 60 passes out of necessity.

I seek to recall the Skins losing some strength on the line too.

My impression is that they had a real bad offseason.

I think Dallas is the only clearly good team in the division. Everyone else looks like a 6-9 win team to me.

If Jax had Cousins, they'd contend for the Division - possibly more.

You are right, they are way better. Cousins made Jackson/Garcon last season, he'll do better with Pryor. Doctson has the tools if he is healthy.

Yeah, because Jackson and Garcon didn't ever do sh!t with different quarterbacks. :doh:

I'd say Pryor is better than Desean or Garcon. Doctson who knows I suppose. To me they didn't lose anything there unless Pryor and Cousins can't find chemestry.

Yeah, because Jackson and Garcon didn't ever do sh!t with different quarterbacks. :doh:

:doh: Take them this year in your FF league. :clap:

The East rarely follows form, is a kooky as it gets.. We've not seen a back-to-back Division champ since 2003-2004 and the Eagles.

Washington will prolly finish 10-6 and makes us all look silly.

I have a lot of respect for Cousins, Wentz & even Manning.

1-1 at best for each team after this week. Heading to about where I figured.

Eagles looking the best. Then Skins. Dallas. We'll see what the Gmen can do tonight, going to be tough to outscore the Lions..

NFL sucks all around

Pryor and Cuzzins suck balls. I got both pretty late, now I know why.

Smartest thing the jew has ever done, not writing a check to Cousins

Smartest thing the jew has ever done, not writing a check to Cousins

Interesting tactic by the Skins. They have saved the signing bonus money by making Cousins the highest base salaried QB ever the past 2 seasons. In essence they have written him 2 huge checks, but saved around $10M so far. The numbers don't work after this season, so they either have to sign or release him.

Interesting tactic by the Skins. They have saved the signing bonus money by making Cousins the highest base salaried QB ever the past 2 seasons. In essence they have written him 2 huge checks, but saved around $10M so far. The numbers don't work after this season, so they either have to sign or release him.

They will get a 3rd round supplemental pick when cousins signs with the niners next offseason.

They will get a 3rd round supplemental pick when cousins signs with the niners next offseason.

If Shanahan makes it to next season.

If Shanahan makes it to next season.

He will get another year. Joe Gibb's himself could not get 6 wins out of that san fran team.

I think Shanahan will be back next year no matter what and will be back in 2019 as long as he gets some improvement next year.

I think Shanahan will be back next year no matter what and will be back in 2019 as long as he gets some improvement next year.

Certainly he gets a pass this season. As far as Cousins goes, i can't see the 9ers, possibly coming off an 0fer or 1fer, signing him for the type of money he should command. From his perspective, he'll be 30 next year, can't see him signing up to get pounded for a few years.

Worst division in football

why so bitter? :P