Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Cubs Cards Brewers Pennant Race

Both Lackey and Contreras thrown out of the game in the 5th inning for arguing a blown strike out call. The Cards pitcher hit the 3-2 pitch into CF for an RBI and a one run lead.

Should be a fun weekend.

too good for the baseball thread ^_^

What are three teams on the outside looking up at the greatest division in baseball, the NL West? :dunno:

Both Lackey and Contreras thrown out of the game in the 5th inning for arguing a blown strike out call. The Cards pitcher hit the 3-2 pitch into CF for an RBI and a one run lead.

Should be a fun weekend.

I don't blame Lackey....was a terrible non call. This fockin ump moved us one step closer to these idiots behind the plate having a little buzzer in the ear to call balls and strikes because they can't find any shred of consistency of a strike zone.

Cubs should stamp out both clubs this weekend. Amazing how bad they have to play, and how good cards/brewers have to be for this to be even close.

And easy on the NL west.....their best team is in a free fall, and Chicago has a better team and record than the other two. I'm far more worried about Washington than anyone in the NL west.

I don't blame Lackey....was a terrible non call. This fockin ump moved us one step closer to these idiots behind the plate having a little buzzer in the ear to call balls and strikes because they can't find any shred of consistency of a strike zone.

Cubs should stamp out both clubs this weekend. Amazing how bad they have to play, and how good cards/brewers have to be for this to be even close.

And easy on the NL west.....their best team is in a free fall, and Chicago has a better team and record than the other two. I'm far more worried about Washington than anyone in the NL west.

It's encouraging to see the Cubs take the first 2 against the Cards. How bout Russell's return? Lookout NL!

It's encouraging to see the Cubs take the first 2 against the Cards. How bout Russell's return? Lookout NL!

That was great to see. He's one of my favorite Cubs....we may end up naming our daughter here in a few weeks Addison.

Getting Russell and Contreras (maybe more so) is big. Still got 4 in St. Louis...but looking good.

Baez and Bryant really came thru last night when they needed it.

But, that bullpen isn't clicking, and Lester is looking lost. Thankfully, Arieta is back, but he was just ok last night.

Cubs still holding serve for now.

Baez and Bryant really came thru last night when they needed it.

But, that bullpen isn't clicking, and Lester is looking lost. Thankfully, Arieta is back, but he was just ok last night.

Cubs still holding serve for now.

Brewers pitching staff(bullpen) has been going way above and beyond ever since Nelson went down a few weeks, including pitching every fifth game(entire bullpen chips in with 2 innings a piece). I think it's started to catch up to them, Kneibel gave up 3 to the Pirates on Wednesday, last night...was just a matter of time before it caught up to them. Also, I think the bright lights of a pennant race might be affecting the youngsters a bit. All in all though, like I've said before, the team putting up a competitive season this early in the rebuild has just been an awesome fun bonus. Maybe they bounce back and put a little more scare in the Cubs, but I'm not disappointed regardless.

• Like 1