Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Seattle Seahawks draft room

We don't have the big crowd anymore. But for those of us left, lets get it on!

My best guess for thursday night, round 1.

We either trade out of the first round, or we pick Uconn Safety, Obi Melifanwu. And convert him to Corner Back.

Dark horse would be Washington Corner Back, Kevin King.

I'd be perfectly fine with all 3 moves.

Go Hawks!

Unfortunately, work is keeping me away from the comp for most of the day today - but I am with you in spirit!

:cheers:

You need to take the best offensive lineman left on the board in the first.

If that's how a team feels then what they really need is to trade up and get the one they want

They don't need to trade him in all cases.

Just depends on whom they are targeting.

There are only 4 oline guys with a first round grade. Through 19 picks, they are all left.

Denver probably takes one at 20. But they are falling.

There are only 4 oline guys with a first round grade. Through 19 picks, they are all left.

Denver probably takes one at 20. But they are falling.

Freaking Broncos. You're prescient, Kopy.

Dunno. Just noticed that we traded back again. <_<

Edited to add: On the other hand, Seahawks' draft picks have never excited me as much as the post-draft UDFAs they tend to accrue. That seems to be where a lot of nuggets are found.

Seahawks doing Seahawk things. Wouldn't be surprised if they lead the world in second-round picks under Schneider and Carroll.

*nods* Quite Seahawky. Sometimes I wonder if they do it on purpose, to train longsuffering fans to withstand a subsequent Season of Stress. :rolleyes:

Bob Condotta @bcondotta 1h1 hour ago

John Schneider says Seahawks did not lose anyone they wanted at 26 in moving down to 34.

Schneider says "it's going to be fun'' to have six picks Friday.

Here are Seattle's picks --- 34, 58, 90, 95, 102, 106, 111, 210, 226 and 249. 6 on Friday -- or so we think.

Gotta say. I am pretty happy with the trades. It's a deep draft, so lets take avantage of it.

Now we got 2 seconds, 4 thirds, and a fourth.

Still need Oline, and CB as pressing needs.

Another DT also.

After that, depth and upside.

Guys that I know seattle has shown interest in:

S (convert to CB) Obi Melifanwu

DT Malik McDowell

QB Jsh Dobbs

All still available watch these names.

Gotta say. I am pretty happy with the trades. It's a deep draft, so lets take avantage of it.

Now we got 2 seconds, 4 thirds, and a fourth.

Still need Oline, and CB as pressing needs.

Another DT also.

After that, depth and upside.

I am betting that pick 34 is on a guard or a tackle.

Its a reasonable class for DT so they may be able to fill that need with the other pick.

or.... Strangely enough...... maybe both 2nd round picks are spent on the O line. I wouldnt be disappointed with that outcome either.

I am betting that pick 34 is on a guard or a tackle.

Its a reasonable class for DT so they may be able to fill that need with the other pick.

or.... Strangely enough...... maybe both 2nd round picks are spent on the O line. I wouldnt be disappointed with that outcome either.

I can even see them trading that first second rounder for a second and another third. You swap seconds, and gain a third for someone some team really likes at #34.

I can even see them trading that first second rounder for a second and another third. You swap seconds, and gain a third for someone some team really likes at #34.

I guess it depends how far you move down in the draft.

They are in a prime spot to get an OT or a guard.

Lamp (guard) is still available and he was considered to be a first round talent. I, for one, didnt think he'd still be on the board at this point in the draft.

when you consider that the team needs help on the line, This is something they need to strongly consider.

I don't get the chance to come here much anymore, but just thought I would check in at least once.

First, I LOVE what they did so far. Moved down only 8 spots and gained 3rd, EARLY 4th :), and 7th I believe. Very nice.

All the guy's I like are still on the board except TJ Watt and Peppers, but both not real needs.

However, unless it's only 1-5 slots I will be ticked if we trade down again. I think we need to pick here!

In fact, I would move up with our late 2nd rounder (maybe give one of our 3rds) to get back higher in the 2nd and grab one of these corners, safety's, DE's, UW guy's, unless they keep dropping which I doubt.

Anyway, I'm thinking Cam Robinson here. I REALLY want a corner though, but we should still be able to land one with our other 2nd. Another reason I'd like to move up with that pick though.

King is the other great choice here. He's got all the measurable's that seem perfect. Great combine. Coverage corner. I would be real happy with that pick too. REAL HAPPY. Worried about his tackle ability, but he makes so much sense here.

OBI I also really like. But, I don't agree he can be converted to Corner. He's a strong safety all the way. If he could get on the field somehow, then that makes for a great pick too. If he can cover TE's for example? I don't see him as a corner at all though.

Lamp might be a good pick here too, but I don't like any other Oline here other then Lamp and Robinson.

I also love Budda Baker and Jones and there is 2 or 3 other good corners too. Love to see Jones in the 3rd, but I doubt he lasts that long. Again, I might move up with the late 2nd if some of these guy's are gone.

My dream: Pick Robinson here, and somehow make sure you get King too. But if not, then get one of the other D-backs.

King & Obi or Budda would be nice combo too. (But, Luke Jackel had better turn out)

Should be a fun day!

UPDATE: Actually, I think I have Lamp ahead of Robinson now after watching a bit more tape. Robinson also had arrest, drug issues I believe and something looked off when he wasn't getting picked yesterday. Pretty heavy too.

Lamp benched 34 good number and smart and perfect size. I liked Lamps tape the more I watched. Great pass pro. Needs to stay engaged just a bit longer.

• Like 1

I can't FOCKIN' believe this.

No wonder Alexander and Lynch retired early. Would you work for someone that did his best to get you killed every freakin day. The worst OLine in the NFL 4 of the last 5 years (2nd worst the other year), and 1 of the top Def every year and they pass on 2 of the top OLine in the draft for a DE with questionable effort.

And Prisco gives them an "A" for this

WTF

• Like 1

I've got to admit that I am entirely unfamiliar with Ethan Pocic. Do you know anything about him, Chasers?

The Seahawks have solved their o-line!!

POCIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uhhhh...is this post missing a sarcasm tag?

Asking for a friend.

They did need to get a C as well. Not bad

Who knows, maybe Malik will play Tackle/Guard ??

From Bob Condotta: "Interesting to hear Pocic identified as a tackle by Jacob Green. Assume that's where Seattle sees him."

He also said that Pocic has never been to Seattle, which would explain why I hadn't heard him discussed previously.

Told you they liked McDowell. They also needed him to go with Reed and Rubin.

Scratch DT off our needs list.

I don't know Pocic, I'll have to look him up. I don't do OLine very well though. So I'd probably defer to your opinions on him.

Told you they liked McDowell. They also needed him to go with Reed and Rubin.

Scratch DT off our needs list.

I don't know Pocic, I'll have to look him up. I don't do OLine very well though. So I'd probably defer to your opinions on him.

Evidently Pocic worked out with Kevin Mawae for the past couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/KevinMawae/status/858127251111653376

Clff Avril announced this one (and seemed pretty happy):

Seahawks take Nazair Jones, DL, UNC with pick #102

Hmmm, really?

Seahawks take Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan with pick #106

Could've sworn WR wasn't a need?

Edit: Ohhh. After listening to the blurb on him, turns out he's an excellent blocker, among other things. Makes all sorts of Seahawks' sense.

Edit2: Frank Clark is rather excited about this pick, too:

Darboh built like Hulk Hogan and run like a horse! Jesus we got a baller!

https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/858165186737217537

Some post-draft comments on Rounds 2 and 3 from Schneider and Carroll, via Bob Condotta:

Carroll, Schneider compare McDowell to Calais Campbell. Say Pocic can play anywhere on OL, no set position yet.

Schneider says Seahawks didn't visit Pocic much trying to keep teams unaware of their interest.

Carroll, Schneider say Griffin will start as an outside corner. Hill likely start out as a strong safety.

Carroll on drafting Michigan players: "Coach Harbaugh does a great job.'' Smiles, laughter. But then says seriously a great program

I like the Darboh pick. Now release Kearse and save ourselves 3 mil a year.

I think this has been a decent draft. No big splashes, but just solid filling needs type draft.

Day 3. I'm gonna look for my boy Josh Dobbs at QB. I also wouldn't be shocked to see them draft a FB as we have none. And a K to compete with Walsh.

I think this has been a decent draft. No big splashes, but just solid filling needs type draft.

Day 3. I'm gonna look for my boy Josh Dobbs at QB. I also wouldn't be shocked to see them draft a FB as we have none. And a K to compete with Walsh.

'Hawks need to re-sign Reece STAT, dammit.