Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Who says the Patriots didn't have a great draft?

The Pats find value in the draft. Almost always. Both them and the Seahawks are especially good at finding players who went undrafted, and are signed who, with a year or two of player development will fit the system like a glove.

so even if you took all their draft picks away, they would still sign some players who would help them out.

The Patriots make some pretty bone headed picks sometimes. For as good as they are poaching talent from other teams, they still have their struggled identifying next level talent before it gets to the league.

Ha! Good point. Every team will miss on some picks here and there. However, the Patriots are always looking at the big picture. It's why they didn't place a premium on picks in this year's draft which was deemed by many as a weaker class.

If you look at their entire offseason, you'd have to come away from it and say, "Yep, they're still the favorite to win their division and most likely the AFC for sure!"

Though, I think the Raiders have had a great off-season as well. If beast mode can stay healthy, that offense will even more dynamic! Their defense is getting upgrades too! I thought they'd get a hot ILB such as Davis or Cunningham, but not matter. That secondary could be amazing. Love the versatility of Melifowu to play CB or S.

I don't get the weaker class argument. I guess every year we can just label the players as a weak class

Most years you would have at least 2 or maybe 3 QB that the pundits and analysts at believe can be a starter in the NFL. Seems none of them felt any of the QB's in this class have true starter potential or true "franchise QB" potential.

Also, this draft was terribly weak at OL. There is often 4-6 guys that project as plug and play starters in the first round alone. This one had maybe 2. Plus, at the end of the day this draft may only produce 2 or 3 WR's that have much FF relevance.

Conversely, it was a good draft for the defensive side of the ball. It also produced more quality RB's than some of the recent drafts. Still, in the grand scheme of things, I think the Belichiks of the NFL saw this draft as not high on elite level players.

Tight end, rb, receiver, safety, corner back. Receiver maybe wasn't the most elite, but there are a ton of potential quality players. Most those other positions have talent depth that is pretty unreal. And I think every draft is called a weaker class, which can't be true, unless college football is losing out on serious talent