Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

Shopping carts

What do you do with them after you're done shopping?

What do you mean? I put them in the back of the jeep and take them home. Duh!

1. I won't use a full sized cart. The half cart or bust for me. I'll walk around and find one if I have to.

2. I usually use the cart to take bags to the Jeep. Then I take the cart to one of the cart gathering areas. I assume 95% of people do the same, no?

shopping is for wimmens. i only go to a place i would need a small basket or lumber cart. :bandana:

but really..if i did... i'd return to the return thing or back in front of store. i hate the ###### that block a spot or let it roll around in lot. lazy focks :mad: :mad:

Roll them away in the direction of the storage watchamacallit . I figure the meth head parolee who's job it is can scoop it up.

1. I ALWAYS park near by, but not exactly next to, a cart return bin.

2. I always return the cart to the bin.

• Like 1

Ram the nearest car with a California or Washington plate. Don't want them getting too comfortable.

Sometimes, I don't put them in jeep, but tie them to the back and give kids rides.

I do still occasionally lift the daughter up into one and push her really fast through the parking lot. My favorite trick is to give the cart a shove, then run up beside it. It freaks her out for a split second when she realizes I'm no longer controlling it and ensuring her safety.

my brother worked in a grocery store most of his adult life so I'm pretty sensitive to the subject. Not only do I take mine back, I usually end up grabbing half-a-dozen along the way. It's funny to see some women actually bring a cart over to me like I work there or something. What the hell, it beats them leaving it in the middle of parking lot.

There's cart bowling too, where if you see two cars, with two spaces between, you roll the cart as fast as you can at them and see if you can pick up the 7-10 split.

Give it back to the homeless person who's belongings I threw on the sidewalk because I needed their cart.

• Like 1

My wife does the shopping. She knows that if I ever catch her being lazy, she will end up in a van down by the river. Haven't ever checked to make sure she returns the cart.

2. I usually use the cart to take bags to the Jeep. Then I take the cart to one of the cart gathering areas. I assume 95% of people do the same, no?

Yeah, I thought the question had a pretty obvious answer.

My wife does the shopping. She knows that if I ever catch her being lazy, she will end up in a van down by the river. Haven't ever checked to make sure she returns the cart.

Me too man. I was talking about Home Depot and Lowes.

2. Then I take the cart to one of the cart gathering areas. I assume 95% of people do the same, no?

No, I'd say half or less return carts. It's worse in big box stores like Costco and Home Depot, and horrendous over the holidays.

No, I'd say half or less return carts. It's worse in big box stores like Costco and Home Depot, and horrendous over the holidays.

Lot of lazy people where you live?

Must be your area. In MI, if a person doesn't return a cart, everyone points to them and chant "Shame, shame!".

If I had to do the shopping, I would push it into the ocean when I was done with it.

You should light it on fire for an authentic Viking funeral (or watch the NFC Championship). :thumbsup:

Lot of lazy people where you live?

I can't remember if it was as bad when I lived in the continental US, but cart etiquette is atrocious here.

This is probably the only behavior I follow Wiff's example, returning my cart and a few of those left by lazy focks.

Haven't really ever run into that sort of situation.

Its way more than half where I live. I may see 5 or 6 carts outside the coral but there may be 5 or 6 corals with 5-20 or more carts depending on when they were last emptied.

Great of everyone to respond. Now we need to figure out how to help pen with this terrible situation. How do we start holding people accountable? Shall we march?

When I was in high school i worked in the building materials department at Houseworks. One of my jobs was to get the carts. I used to push as many as I could so I didn't have to make extra trips. Now I see the these kids with motorized carts that push them and it pisses me off. I shook my head a one kid the other day and he was like "What???"

• Like 1

I bet somebody's already created the solution. We sure as hell have the technology. The answer is simple. Drone shopping carts. Some guy walks out front and pushes a button and all the carts migrate towards the front. Auto-control is terminated if hands are on the cart. Maybe not even the front. Maybe just the closest Collection Center. Sort of like cattle wandering into the pen.

Of course, if we get any lazier literally all of us are going to be doing our grocery shopping via mail anyway.

Find the nearest creek and just chuck em in. Some jerks just leave them right there at the parking spot.

I bet somebody's already created the solution. We sure as hell have the technology. The answer is simple. Drone shopping carts. Some guy walks out front and pushes a button and all the carts migrate towards the front. Auto-control is terminated if hands are on the cart. Maybe not even the front. Maybe just the closest Collection Center. Sort of like cattle wandering into the pen.

Of course, if we get any lazier literally all of us are going to be doing our grocery shopping via mail anyway.

That's great until some careless Cabela's shopper leaves a firearm in their cart, and it becomes leader of the cart resistance.

push them downhill... tell the homeless guy sitting in the basket not to worry. the brakes will auto lock up once it hits the property line

Unlike cruzer, I don't put it on blocks and steal the wheels.

Give it back to the homeless person who's belongings I threw on the sidewalk because I needed their cart.

:first:

I cram it into the nearest Hillary/Kaine bumper stickered Prius, of course.

It's funny you bring that up. I was just saying the other day I see more Obama 2012 stickers than hers.